Where To Stay? 3 Weeks

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Don't forget Casa Rosario....

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I think it's a valid question. To the OP, I stayed at this place for a week in May, the standard room is 995. I stayed in the "Deluxe" room but the standard is ok. It's a new hotel only 6 months old and has large safe deposit boxes in each room that will hold a laptop. I don't know of any gyms nearby but it is clean and relatively safe and those are my priorities. No credit cards, cash only. Good luck.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I think it's a valid question. To the OP, I stayed at this place for a week in May, the standard room is 995. I stayed in the "Deluxe" room but the standard is ok. It's a new hotel only 6 months old and has large safe deposit boxes in each room that will hold a laptop. I don't know of any gyms nearby but it is clean and relatively safe and those are my priorities. No credit cards, cash only. Good luck.
This looks like the ideal budget place to stay at with wife. As you have stayed here, (and as KuyaLee also gives it a thumbs up), I would like to ask: Is it an area where the hookers are not too active so the wife is not going to be in a bad mood? Was the hotel full? I ask that because reservations here are useless if they fill up before I show up. Was there any bait and switch? I mean that the reservation system is via email so if they confirm a Standard room at 995 should I expect them to say 'not available' and try to up sell me? Anything else I should know before I book? Thanks for the first hand review, BTW.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
This looks like the ideal budget place to stay at with wife. As you have stayed here, (and as KuyaLee also gives it a thumbs up), I would like to ask: Is it an area where the hookers are not too active so the wife is not going to be in a bad mood? Was the hotel full? I ask that because reservations here are useless if they fill up before I show up. Was there any bait and switch? I mean that the reservation system is via email so if they confirm a Standard room at 995 should I expect them to say 'not available' and try to up sell me? Anything else I should know before I book? Thanks for the first hand review, BTW.
You will need a cash deposit to hold the reservation because they do not yet accept credit cards. Lee was nice enough to do that for me. I will PM you with the details and contact at the hotel. I don't think you will have problems with bait and switch and there are no hookers that I saw in that area. It's in between Escario and Fuente Circle, you can easily walk to the circle and Robinsons. None of the taxi drivers knew where it was when I stayed there but that was a few months ago so maybe that's changed but you may need to tell them. The 995 rooms do not have a ref and do not include breakfast for 2 as the higher rooms do. Food choices from the restaurant were limited but inexpensive and pretty good. Room service for 50p charge. They were building a coffee shop off the lobby when I was there. I enjoyed my stay there.

Warlord
Posted
Posted

A second guest staying with you costs 300 p so 995 1295 standard room...But the 300p includes breakfast. Actually Im thinking about staying here my next trip in November.. Warlord

Jake
Posted
Posted
.... I don't waste Both my time and theirs Patronizing the issue Please dont bother responding any further.. Im looking for a bit of info here. period.
My oh my, must be that time of the month......he's having his period!
  • Like 1

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Hi I am in Cebu for around 3 weeks, arriving next week. I am looking for a good Pension or apartment ( if renting for a month works out cheaper ) in a Good Area, close to Good restaurants, preferably on a quiet street.. WIFI ..I would love to be near a Gym and possibly a pool.. a kitchen would be bonus but not totally necessary.. any help Greatly appreciated !..
Good God...I would imagine not for 900 or less, but if you could increase your budget, you would Greatly increase the odds of finding a place. You sound like a Great Guy....Good luck in your search. :wt-hell:

Inspector
Posted
Posted
.... I don't waste Both my time and theirs Patronizing the issue Please dont bother responding any further.. Im looking for a bit of info here. period.
My oh my, must be that time of the month......he's having his period!
His Period! :wt-hell:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I think he is lazy I have read this post and everybody has tried to help him/it but I think he wants you or anybody to go to the airport and hold his hand until he gets to where he is going to stay IMHO

• Like 1

eddie eagle
Posted
Posted

Hi, brand new to this forum and didn't want to start a new topic, but in a similar vein, what is considered 'uptown' Cebu and what is considered 'downtown'. I will arrive on 6 October and have the impression 'uptown' is preferred. Can one of you knowledgeable guys explain? TIA Eddie Eagle