Where To Stay? 3 Weeks

eddie eagle
Posted
Posted

Thanks to all, checking out all your input...hope i can contribute also :lol:

eddie eagle
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, first thanks for all your advice. I booked the Cebu R hotel, found it in on one of the many posts about lodging in Cebu. Good price( about $ 23), new, good reviews, near Osmena Circle(I'm an 'uptown' type o' guy :cheersty: ). I will let you know how it works out. Second I will also be checking other posts as to where I can run into youse expats and glom some knowledge about living in the PI. See you soon! eddie eagle

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hi everyone, first thanks for all your advice. I booked the Cebu R hotel, found it in on one of the many posts about lodging in Cebu. Good price( about $ 23), new, good reviews, near Osmena Circle(I'm an 'uptown' type o' guy :cheersty: ). I will let you know how it works out. Second I will also be checking other posts as to where I can run into youse expats and glom some knowledge about living in the PI. See you soon! eddie eagle
Yes lets us know about the Cebu R,I was going to stay there but then ended up with a condo for the month instead so would be nice to know your experience.

• 2 months later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Whenever I read answers to this question, where to stay in the Philippines, it seems the answer 80% of the time will be in an area where one’s spouse or girlfriend lives and most come from Cebu! Why is that? It’s no coincident I‘m sure, because most of the topics written on this forum pertains to Cebu and btw beginning to be an all Cebu forum lately! No wonder why Cebu is such a tourist trap, because the tourist trade is now catering mostly to foreign tourists! The other 20% are unattached individuals who have been to the Philippines before or are on their first adventure here to any part of the Philippines other than Cebu, but will still be on their itinerary since Cebu is the talk of the town lately! I guess as I see it, it’s all about “common birds of a feather, flocks together”, because being the lone foreigner in a strange land and sticking out like a sore thumb is a bit unnerving to some and would rather be with their own kind for some common companionship with other expats from their home country just to shoot the breeze and have a few drinks! Drinking with the Filipino locals sometimes isn’t a good idea, if you know what I mean!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Whenever I read answers to this question, where to stay in the Philippines, it seems the answer 80% of the time will be in an area where one’s spouse or girlfriend lives and most come from Cebu! Why is that?
I just want to address that last part of your post, Art. I don't live in Cebu anymore and I know you don't, but I still recommend it for first timers looking for a place to stay for their first visit. It is because it is more tourist friendly, in a very general way, than any other Philippine place I can think of. No matter where I lived in the Philippines I would still visit Cebu when I wanted to do touristy things.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Whenever I read answers to this question, where to stay in the Philippines, it seems the answer 80% of the time will be in an area where one’s spouse or girlfriend lives and most come from Cebu! Why is that?
I just want to address that last part of your post, Art. I don't live in Cebu anymore and I know you don't, but I still recommend it for first timers looking for a place to stay for their first visit. It is because it is more tourist friendly, in a very general way, than any other Philippine place I can think of. No matter where I lived in the Philippines I would still visit Cebu when I wanted to do touristy things.
DaveAt the risk of sounding technical,you don't live in Cebu City anymore or Cebu at all these days?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
DaveAt the risk of sounding technical,you don't live in Cebu City anymore or Cebu at all these days?
I am now on another island, in another province so Roger that. Its still the city I would choose for touristy things though.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am now on another island, in another province so Roger that. Its still the city I would choose for touristy things though.
No worries, for some reason I just thought you moved to the province somewhere.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
That's what I thought too, because Cebu is one of the major tourist destination here in the Philippines and where a lot of young single Filipinas are exposed to foreigners too for fun, frolic, live-in relationships and or marriage! That probably answers my why of things I originally asked, but there are a few from other regions of the Philippines that just make Cebu their vacation destination!