A Mans Bar Habits With A Filipina Wife

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 5/12/2016 at 11:48 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I believe that to be a Utopian belief.

During the course of my life, I have observed very, very few men who could sit in a girly bar and do nothing that they would not do in front of their wife.  I have met many who say they would not, but very, very few guys whose wives could totally trust them in that environment.

I am not judging anyone from this forum as we might just find that all members here are exceptions to the rule, but I doubt it.

So if everyone'e relationship is based on their wive's ability to trust them then there are very few real relationships out there.  It is also my opinion that the same conclusion applies to the opposite sex but I do not have as much experience observing them in girly bars :nudie:

Well Dave 

I have been to many girlie bars here and Thailand in the last 6 years and did nothing to be ashamed of so you have met 1 now.

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

My wife tells me here her mother taught her, "If you man eats well at home, he won't go out to eat"!   :mocking:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Sound advice Bruce.  This topic has been pushed around a fair bit.  Your 2 points are game set and match.  Set the rules that you want to live by, adhere to them and no 'trophy brides'. The latter 9 out of 10 times means problems.

This forum is full of such instances.  Shelve the ego and invoke common sense.  I would also add a good level of education, which often also invokes more understanding.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Sound advice Bruce.  This topic has been pushed around a fair bit.  Your 2 points are game set and match.  Set the rules that you want to live by, adhere to them and no 'trophy brides'. The latter 9 out of 10 times means problems.

This forum is full of such instances.  Shelve the ego and invoke common sense.  I would also add a good level of

1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well Dave 

I have been to many girlie bars here and Thailand in the last 6 years and did nothing to be ashamed of so you have met 1 now.

education, which often also invokes more understanding.

Well said Kev, I was a little surprised at Dave's comments also.  I rarely go to bars these days as I find them boring, but I always leave alone.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

but I always leave alone.

So do you go to the ones that have short time rooms for rent upstairs Ron ????

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Sander Martin said:

So do you go to the ones that have short time rooms for rent upstairs Ron ????

HaHa Sander, the bloody Army closed them all down.  Interesting you know about these things, are you talking from your 'younger' days!!

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

HaHa Sander, the bloody Army closed them all down.  Interesting you know about these things, are you talking from your 'younger' days!!

Im to shy to pick up a bar girl and I haven't been desperate enought to pay for my boom boom massages yet ???

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, i am bob said:

Funny enough, yesterday I was with a friend on the other side of the city...  he has his car in for a bit of maintenance with a back yard mechanic friend of his and we stopped in to see how it was going...  he was out but his wife invited us in so i could meet the rest of the family...  as soon as she found out I was single, she was on the phone to get her sister over there...  I'm talking with her mom and tita and found out I'm 2 months younger than mom...  the daughter who was on her way?  19...  ok, 58 and 19 is just too much!  But I am now her English teacher (she's studying to be a teacher but is so shy that she has trouble with English) and she is going to help me with my Bisaya...  Now, to make it so there is no issue, we will meet Starbucks with her cousin...  And there is the real issue... i didn't realize who she is.... Her cousin?  Turns out I've known her from when I lived in Central Park...  She thinks she's madly in love with me...  and she's 16 years old...  And her mom thinks this is a good thing?  I have 2 options...  Give up my friends and move from Davao - or find a girlfriend to keep them in line...  i started packing my kitchen last night...  

:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Bob, feel free to use my favorite line. Tell them that you are flattered but that you are old enough ....to be their extremely handsome and distinguished looking older brother.:mocking:

• Like 2

afathertobe
Posted
Posted
On 12.5.2016 at 11:48 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I believe that to be a Utopian belief.

During the course of my life, I have observed very, very few men who could sit in a girly bar and do nothing that they would not do in front of their wife.  I have met many who say they would not, but very, very few guys whose wives could totally trust them in that environment.

If your threshold for that is physically being present in a girly bar then you're right. If you're talking about anything beyond sitting there and having a beer or two I think you couldn't be more wrong.

I went to girly bars in different places plenty of times, sometimes with mates, a few times even alone for a lack of better entertainment. But I, along with the majority of people I observe in there, just sit there, occasionally talk to a girl that approaches and have a beer. That's it. I really have a hard time believing that I went to much different girly bars than you did, because that's what I see. Probably most guys just have a few beers, talk to some girls, spend a drink or not and leave again. Guys in Thailand go with their mates, their girlfriends, their family or alone. It's a must-see thing even listed in lonely planet travel guides.

Now I don't deny that there's lots of other stuff going on in there, but I even told a back-then gf that I'd go to one with friends she also knew, not a problem. Now if I went alone that would be different story of course.