• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:cheersty:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Of course this not being in the joke section might mislead some members, but I know it was done all in good fun. I have always joked at the airports and malls that I would rather have a female frisk me and usually get a smile. The problem with forum is that people cannot hear the tone of a persons voice or see a persons face who is making the comment, as we can in person. One of the main issues I have with how some people take some posts on forums, is that some members will take them as if the person writing them is an enemy or someone they dislike instead of a friend, now taking that in mind, anyone who knows Dan first hand as I do, would have picked up it was a joke right off, even without knowing the story line from the past. :cheers:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I had my wallet stolen the frist day of our visit, again the second day and three times the third day the fourth day I lost count how many times I was taken advantage of. Sadly it is very likely this same scam will befall me next visit! I feel so durty and used!
Now I can see if your wallet got stolen once, but common! That old saying "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" doesn't' even apply here... you got fooled multiple times...
And he was the happiest fool in town that week too. :cheers:
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thank you Lee. I was having a little fun and did bend the forum rules. Without hearing a tone of voice or visual clues it is not easy to know what exactly the thoughts behind written words. Sometimes I'll read someones post and get angry or go off on a tangent the opposite direction from what the person really intended.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Thank you Lee. I was having a little fun and did bend the forum rules.Without hearing a tone of voice or visual clues it is not easy to know what exactly the thoughts behind written words. Sometimes I'll read someones post and get angry or go off on a tangent the opposite direction from what the person really intended.
It appears to me that people may read / skim the original post and maybe some more, but not all replies, then jump down and reply without reading all to see if the reply is still relevent or another poster already made the same / similar comment.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

That's true Bruce.When reading with an open mind and a bit of kindness the forum is a more friendly place.

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
That's true Bruce.When reading with an open mind and a bit of kindness the forum is a more friendly place.
Although I have never been 'there' (nor a adult book store, nudie bar as I am still a virgin) I understand there is a 'ranters forum' where one can rant / rave / vent etc to their black heart's contentment. So then there is a place to go to to be critical or nasty if one so does desire. As I see it, this forum is more informational in nature than a say political forum where you may discuss the vile fear mongering closeted hermaphrodite canidate the 'other guy' is supporting. No intention here on my part to offend any hermaphrodites lurking in this forum.... hehehehehehehe Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I don't carry a wallet! I will have to find a different way to be scammed! Regards: Jim

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

We have a problem with this same type of scam going on at the local Home Depot's.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
We have a problem with this same type of scam going on at the local Home Depot's.
:( How exactly do you spell "Plagiarism"? :cheers: