Second Day - No Water

MikeB
Posted
Posted

We are in the middle of Cebu City, just inside the border of Guadalupe, and are in the second day with no water. Everyone around us is affected. Also had a blackout of about an hour yesterday. There was an article in the paper a couple of days ago about the water shortage in Guadalupe and that they were signing a contract with a private company to build groundwater wells to supplement the main water supply. The same company has done this if Lahug, Talisay, Consolacion and 2 other areas. Obviously, not a good situation and nothing in today's paper, it may be a local broken pipe or wide spread, I don't know. Is anyone else affected or have any information?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Ah.... well, you did not trust your wife (again) to pay the bill did you? hehehehehehe

• Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

That's the main reason why we chose to live in a modern upscale suburban development here in Northern Central Luzon! We have our own water treatment plant and a huge water tank tower in our subdivision by the Ayala (aka Avida) Developer! A few miles away in the Tagaytay area, they have water pressure problems where as we don't and we seldom ever have power outages except for during hurricanes, but normally doesn't last long depending on the severity or damages done due to extreme high winds. Living in the provinces isn't stable when it comes to water pressure and electric power! That's why most people living in the provinces have a portable/fixed generator set and a deep well with a pressurized water tank system if one can afford it! We rented a house long ago in the province of Zambales which had such a setup and it was a life saver during power outages lasting for weeks! It was dark and spooky in the province of Zambales and there's a lot of nice people around (NPAs)!

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I can understand the province but I live in the middle of the city. Anyway she must have beat it down to the payment center because, hallelujah we have tubig! The things we take for granted.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

More likey she donated to their "Christmas fund".

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

As Art usually says, it's all about money.

• Like 2

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Yup! And here's the rest of my signature mottos that you all see at the bottom of all my posts;"Different Strokes for Different Folks!","It's Always a Matter of Money!","Use Common Sense Over All!","Life is What You Make It To Be!","What's important in life is, earning a good living, the love of family, close life long friends, a roof over our heads, food on our table and our good health!","Que Sera, Sera!"
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:hystery:
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
:lmao:
Captain Tom is it nowadays? :hystery: You must have money problems and that's why you're constantly harping about money! Well then, get some and stop whining! Other people don't have any problems with my mottos! Who's the :lmao: ? :lmao: !!!!!!!!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
:lmao:
Captain Tom is it nowadays? :lmao: You must have money problems and that's why you're constantly harping about money! Well then, get some and stop whining! Other people don't have any problems with my mottos! Who's the :lmao: ? :lmao: !!!!!!!!
Art,am I harping about money? Have I any problem with your constant mottos? Dont you see the funny side of anything? :hystery: