Another Expat Dead

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Marine Beaten to Death at Home in Philippines

A retired U.S. Marine was found beaten to death at his home in The

Philippines on Christmas Day, GMA News reported.

The victim was identified as James Thomas Kakara, 61, a U.S. war veteran whose left leg was amputated. He was attacked at his home near Tagaytay City in the northern Cavite province, police said Sunday.

Kakara's body was found in his swimming pool, and police said he was beaten with a lead pipe in the Christmas Eve attack.

"He was alone at home at that time because his [Filipina] wife and the rest of the members of the family were out ... for an overnight party and the following day, the American national was found dead," Cavite police director John Bulalacao was quoted as saying.

Kakara was described as a long-term resident of Tagaytay City. Police did not know how many suspects were involved in the death, and no witnesses had yet come forward.

Police said about 206,000 pesos ($4,700) in cash, his cell phone and a laptop computer were taken.

brock
Posted
Posted

Funny how the wife or family members have always gone out for the day when something like this happens ?

• Like 3

Candyman
Posted
Posted
Funny how the wife or family members have always gone out for the day when something like this happens ?
Yes, it does seem to be a sinister thread on a lot of ex pats murders and kidnappings lately. It seems to be just too "convenient" to me !
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Why in the world would he keep over 200000 peso in his house? Something really strange about this one. Wonder what kind of problems he might have been having with his wife's family?

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

With that much money in the house, I wonder if he was yet another expat in the money lending business or some other business where people know he has a lot of money around the house.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Why would his wife not be by his side for Christmas? Oh... I get it now.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well it shows he was not short of money as it says found in his pool so I guess he had a nice house. As for not being with family at Christmas,who knows but since he had only one leg a trip to the province might be difficult.He was killed on Christmas eve and the wife returned Christmas day so really she was not gone long.Not sure about this one but it seems to me it would not be pleasant to come home to a dead body of your husband in the pool so maybe just a robbery ?

• Like 2

kenn
Posted
Posted

Sad news.Always be aware.Overnight party? my wife goes to an overnight party... she would not be my wife

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Sad news.Always be aware.Overnight party? my wife goes to an overnight party... she would not be my wife
Exactly! Those of us who are married to a wonderful Filipina know this behavour is not normal she would be with her husband.
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Exactly! Those of us who are married to a wonderful Filipina know this behavour is not normal she would be with her husband.
No you have not read it correctly,she was with family in the province, maybe he could not go with one leg and perhaps a wheelchair. Maybe not an overnight party as one might think but a stay over as its a trip back. Think about it !
  • Like 1