Howdy All, Mr. And Mrs. Lee Have Arrived In Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Well friends and those of you that I hope will become friends, we have arrived in Cebu. The trip was uneventful except for a 1 hour delay in Manila and we slept pretty good last night, so I hope just one more day to get on this time zone, but right now my head is still not completely clear and I hope that will only take another day or so too. Not that my head is ever really clear anyway. :thumbsup: I brought a friend along and he seems to be enjoying himself and he will be doing some traveling around on his own after I show him around Cebu, so I may be a little busy part of the time up until he leaves on the 20th, and I have another friend coming on March 3rd and I hope to show him around Cebu and get him to spend some of his dollars here also. I am trying my best to help them and at the same time help the economy here any little way that I can while helping friends to discover Cebu and the Philippines at the same time.I was amazed to find our DSL, phone, cable and everything else working, so the Philippines is coming along and doing better than I gave it credit for. :woohoo: Everything is our condo is working and in order except a toilet plumbing issue and the plumber came right up and fixed that and now that works. :woohoo: I hooked up to a friends sling box in the states and that is also working, so we will be watching some local shows from there on our TV here once I get the adapter to hook it up to my TV here from my computer. :dance: Mike S and Julie stopped by and it was great to see them and we are looking forward to spending a lot more time bugging them both. Happy.gif I will be contacting some friends here as soon as we have time and we hope those of you that have our numbers will feel free to contact us too because I am a little preoccupied trying to get things on track here and showing my friend around and answering the hundred plus emails I have from while we were traveling to get here. :dance: So all in all, life is good and I hope to meet up with many of you at the meeting at Badgers on the 21st starting at 4 PM and going until whenever we get done drinking all their beer and eating all their food. Boy, I sure hope that I got most of that written correctly. :dance: Lee

• Like 1

mike
Posted
Posted
Well friends and those of you that I hope will become friends, we have arrived in Cebu. The trip was uneventful except for a 1 hour delay in Manila and we slept pretty good last night, so I hope just one more day to get on this time zone, but right now my head is still not completely clear and I hope that will only take another day or so too. Not that my head is ever really clear anyway. :thumbsup: I brought a friend along and he seems to be enjoying himself and he will be doing some traveling around on his own after I show him around Cebu, so I may be a little busy part of the time up until he leaves on the 20th, and I have another friend coming on March 3rd and I hope to show him around Cebu and get him to spend some of his dollars here also. I am trying my best to help them and at the same time help the economy here any little way that I can while helping friends to discover Cebu and the Philippines at the same time.I was amazed to find our DSL, phone, cable and everything else working, so the Philippines is coming along and doing better than I gave it credit for. :woohoo: Everything is our condo is working and in order except a toilet plumbing issue and the plumber came right up and fixed that and now that works. :woohoo: I hooked up to a friends sling box in the states and that is also working, so we will be watching some local shows from there on our TV here once I get the adapter to hook it up to my TV here from my computer. :dance: Mike S and Julie stopped by and it was great to see them and we are looking forward to spending a lot more time bugging them both. Happy.gif I will be contacting some friends here as soon as we have time and we hope those of you that have our numbers will feel free to contact us too because I am a little preoccupied trying to get things on track here and showing my friend around and answering the hundred plus emails I have from while we were traveling to get here. :dance: So all in all, life is good and I hope to meet up with many of you at the meeting at Badgers on the 21st starting at 4 PM and going until whenever we get done drinking all their beer and eating all their food. Boy, I sure hope that I got most of that written correctly. :dance: Lee
welcome and hope you both enjoy your stay

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
welcome and hope you both enjoy your stay
Thanks Mike, :thumbsup: we look forward to meeting you either in Cebu or CDO at your place. :woohoo: If you are in Cebu on the 21st, try to come to Badgers or pm me and I will give you our cell and home number and maybe we can hook up another time.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I hooked up to a friends sling box in the states and that is also working, so we will be watching some local shows from there on our TV here once I get the adapter to hook it up to my TV here from my computer. :thumbsup:
Can you post an update on how the Sling Box works for you when you've got it all hooked up? I used sling box in the past when I was traveling within the US, but I've never tried it overseas before. I've been thinking of getting one hooked up at my sisters when I'm back in the US, but I don't want to spend the cash on it only to have a poor viewing experience here.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I hooked up to a friends sling box in the states and that is also working, so we will be watching some local shows from there on our TV here once I get the adapter to hook it up to my TV here from my computer. :dance:
Can you post an update on how the Sling Box works for you when you've got it all hooked up? I used sling box in the past when I was traveling within the US, but I've never tried it overseas before. I've been thinking of getting one hooked up at my sisters when I'm back in the US, but I don't want to spend the cash on it only to have a poor viewing experience here.
You got it my friend. I just made a post about it and I will be happy to update it as soon as I have used it some more.I still cannot believe I am in Cebu. Happy.gif :dance: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Happy to hear you and your wife made it there safe Mr Lee. Enjoy your time there.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Happy to hear you and your wife made it there safe Mr Lee. Enjoy your time there.
:thumbsup: :woohoo: sorry we were not here when you were, and we hope to meet you one day down the road.

johnrxx99
Posted
Posted

Welcome back Nila and Lee. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Welcome back Nila and Lee. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Hi John :thumbsup: we are looking forward to seeing you all too. My company will be leaving for the weekend and then back to stay another few days andafter that we will be free to hook up with some more friends. See you all soon.

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
:thumbsup: :woohoo: sorry we were not here when you were, and we hope to meet you one day down the road.
I hope we can too Mr Lee, it'll be my pleasure. If not during my next trip in Sept-Oct maybe next year.