Howdy All, Mr. And Mrs. Lee Have Arrived In Cebu

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Chi ....... just remember to put down lots of newspaper ........ Lee's not house broken yet ....... hahahahahaha

• Like 1

colorguy
Posted
Posted

Lee! Don't leave before June!!! We are coming for a visit with the family and to experience the Giloctog Fiesta. We will definitely stop and see you! I also am curious about your slingbox. My father has offered to be the slinger if I want to be the slingee. He has lots of channels so that would be cool. How much do these things cost now? Isn't there more than one model? How did you choose?Tell Nila I said hello and that she should give you a hard time more often instead of being such a softy. Business is growing for me mostly thanks to Melanie! She is a great gem photographer and has a superb eye for color and clarity in colored stones. She is learning a ton in very short order. She will start studying with GIA next month! I am going to make her study until her eyes fall out. It's good for her. LOL.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee! Don't leave before June!!! We are coming for a visit with the family and to experience the Giloctog Fiesta. We will definitely stop and see you! I also am curious about your slingbox. My father has offered to be the slinger if I want to be the slingee. He has lots of channels so that would be cool. How much do these things cost now? Isn't there more than one model? How did you choose?Tell Nila I said hello and that she should give you a hard time more often instead of being such a softy. Business is growing for me mostly thanks to Melanie! She is a great gem photographer and has a superb eye for color and clarity in colored stones. She is learning a ton in very short order. She will start studying with GIA next month! I am going to make her study until her eyes fall out. It's good for her. LOL.
Hey DaveGood to have you back on here. Also, glad things are progressing with you and Melanie. As of now, I think we will be leaving the third week in May because I have to be in the US for some things at the end of May. Maybe you can come a little early? We would love to see you both. As for the sling box, it belongs to my friend in Florida, and he was nice enough to let us use it so that my wife can see her programs. Other than that, I really really do not know much about them but they do work great and that is one more hurdle to help me move to the Philippines, because I cannot stand most of the programming here, so watching US TV will be a definite plus for us. I made a separate thread on sling box if anyone knows more about it, please post it there.http://www.welcometothephilippines.com/for...ic=1120&hl=

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Just a quick update......... The fellow I brought with me who said that this would probably be a one time visit and that he would not be able to come back for many years has changed his mind....... I got an email from him and now he wants to move to the Philippines sooner and even tried to low-ball a neighbor who was thinking of selling his condo so that he would have a base here when he came back next year........ I told him that if it was that low I would buy it myself....Another guy who now has the Cebu itch and will have to scratch it sooner than he thought.Why is it that the Philippines seems to be so addictive, besides the women that is????

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Why is it that the Philippines seems to be so addictive, besides the women that is????
For me it's the year round nice weather, friendly people, availability of beaches and island hopping and the low cost of living. When I retire from the Air Force I can either go back to the states and work for another 20 years before I'll be able to enjoy retirement...or I can move to Cebu or else where in RP and live a decent life off my military pension and enjoy retiring in my early 40s. The decision doesn't seem like its going to be a tough one. :1 (72): Of course I plan to come there intially for 6 months to a year to be positive it's for me before I make it permanent.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Why is it that the Philippines seems to be so addictive, besides the women that is????
For me it's the year round nice weather, friendly people, availability of beaches and island hopping and the low cost of living. When I retire from the Air Force I can either go back to the states and work for another 20 years before I'll be able to enjoy retirement...or I can move to Cebu or else where in RP and live a decent life off my military pension and enjoy retiring in my early 40s. The decision doesn't seem like its going to be a tough one. :as-if: Of course I plan to come there intially for 6 months to a year to be positive it's for me before I make it permanent.
Sounds like you got it all figured out. :thumbsup: Rents, taxis, no need for much insurance and labor related things are cheap but seem to be going up as more people come to PI, but I am sure you will still have a good life here and did I say the beer is great and the women are just amazing. :D :1 (72): 1024.gif
  • Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted
did I say the beer is great
Oh dear, you have led a rather sheltered life! Beer should be mahogany-coloured, no foamy head and served at around 40 degrees Fahrenheit in dimple glass pint mugs OR black with a three-quarter inch white head, chilled and served in a straight pint glass. And NO ice!Mark

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
For me it's the year round nice weather, friendly people, availability of beaches and island hopping and the low cost of living. When I retire from the Air Force I can either go back to the states and work for another 20 years before I'll be able to enjoy retirement...or I can move to Cebu or else where in RP and live a decent life off my military pension and enjoy retiring in my early 40s. The decision doesn't seem like its going to be a tough one. :as-if: Of course I plan to come there intially for 6 months to a year to be positive it's for me before I make it permanent.
Sounds like you got it all figured out. :thumbsup: Rents, taxis, no need for much insurance and labor related things are cheap but seem to be going up as more people come to PI, but I am sure you will still have a good life here and did I say the beer is great and the women are just amazing. :o :th_thimage_265775: 1024.gif
Well I hope I have it figured out...life tends to throw you a curve ball once in a while. But an early retirement in RP sounds much better than working till I'm 60+ in the states just to have a decent living. Despite there being some negatives to living in RP, I think there are alos plenty of positives, but I think that goes for anywhere you live. I think you just have to find a place and a life style where the good outweighs the bad. Thanks to spending 17+ years in the AF I have definitely learned to take the good with the bad. I will definitely agree that the good beer and beautiful women in Cebu is a plus to living there SugarwareZ-003.gif
  • Like 1

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
Oh dear, you have led a rather sheltered life! Beer should be mahogany-coloured, no foamy head and served at around 40 degrees Fahrenheit in dimple glass pint mugs OR black with a three-quarter inch white head, chilled and served in a straight pint glass. And NO ice!Mark
I will agree that there are some better beers in the world, at least IMO. I prefer a good Irish red ale to just about anything...Kilkenny specifically. However, I have to say that I did enjoy San Miguel and Red Horse quite a bit, and there is nothing quite like sitting around and sharing a 1 glass the way they do there. Sure it was strange to me at first to share 1 glass and to have ice in my beer, but I actually grew to enjoy it. Not sure if I can exactly explain it, but it just seems more sociable to me, I guess is the way to explain it.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am not as refined or as worldly as many of you guys and I just enjoy a cold SM with ice in the glass and I even drink the beers back home now with ice in the glass. I know it waters it down but it just tastes great that way to me. ....I am not into strong beers and I have tasted a few dark beer and I really did not like the strong taste.