Expat Experiences With Famous Filipinos?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Any other members met or dealt with an interesting well known Filipino? Hope to hear some good story's.Once we saw a Filipina actress bully her maid at a shopping mall. A sad ugly thing.One time at an upscale resort a very nice Filipina helped my six year old son load up his plate while I had my hands full with my youngest son. We chatted for a bit afterwards she kinda looked like someone I knew or had met before. Turned out she was a fairly famous news person. My wife and I spoke with her a few more times and found her to be very modest and kind.Jake..... She had a darn nice augmentation too! :thumbsup:ent5b.jpg

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I met Noynoy on a plane when he running for president. But no real story here....

• Like 1

oldutot
Posted
Posted
Any other members met or dealt with an interesting well known Filipino? Hope to hear some good story's.Once we saw a Filipina actress bully her maid at a shopping mall. A sad ugly thing.One time at an upscale resort a very nice Filipina helped my six year old son load up his plate while I had my hands full with my youngest son. We chatted for a bit afterwards she kinda looked like someone I knew or had met before. Turned out she was a fairly famous news person. My wife and I spoke with her a few more times and found her to be very modest and kind.Jake..... She had a darn nice augmentation too! :thumbsup:ent5b.jpg
Old55, Is that Korina,

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Saw Kuya Kim at the Puerto Galera resort I stayed, didn't know who he was him at the time though. Are there any Filipino celebrities besides Mrs Marcos, and Manny P who would be widely well known outside the RP? I can't think of any but I'm an old guy.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was coming back from Canada during the F1N1 bird flu scare. All the airports were on heightened alert and the body temperature sensors at many airports were on high alert. I had a cold. I was sure it was just a cold but I was very worried as I came through all the security.As it happened there was no problem for me getting through. On arrival I traveled with my wife, Dona, to visit her family and her uncle gave us a ride. I had a chat with him and he gave me his card. Here is the irony. His position is:Director IV BUREAU OF QUARANTINE AND INTERNATIONAL SURVEILLANCE

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Myrlita & I met the Mayor of Bacolod City and are personal friends with Barbara Mijares, the news caster for ABS CBN Bacolod and her family.

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

I didn't meet her at all but while I was living permanently at the Cebu Century hotel, a famous TV actress came to stay for a few days.It made me wonder at the time because many foreigners think of the Cebu Century Hotel as low class but not so Filipinos.Regards: Jim

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Although he was not a Filipino I had met a famous person in Cebu about two years ago.It was pre arranged and I was sitting in the bar when in came two guys,I looked up and said Gday Mr Lee.I have never been the same person since but the psychiatrist said that with lots of work he would be able to pull me though. :as-if: :1247:

• Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted

A few years ago, we'd seen Gil Manigno (cebuano actor) at the Basillica Santa Nino. Then on our last visit we were having coffee at French Baker in SM and low and behold, he walks in and sat right next to us.Well my wife was a fan of some of the local tv series he starred in so she couldn't resist and told him that we'd been watching "For Life" via satellite in Australia.He was really humble and spoke to us very nicely.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There was a commotion at Rustan's Makati due to the presence of then First Lady Imelda Marcos and her entourage. Our young son asked, "Who is that?" Her military aide heard the question and offered to introduce him. Holding his hand, they both entered the inner circle and waited. Imelda Marcos was busy talking to someone and my son was getting impatient. So he tapped her behind for attention and asked in a loud voice, "Are you for real?" I guess he had doubts and meant to ask if she was really the First Lady. The Filipinos looked horrified. Several foreign correspondents started laughing, catching the double entendre for an American child's innocent question. A reporter from Associate Press wanted to interview him. Instead we quickly left the department store.How did Imelda Marcos react? She turned around, shook his hand and asked if he would like a picture with her. He replied, "No thank you." and ran back to us. JJR

• Like 2