Expat Experiences With Famous Filipinos?

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Many moons ago I met Sharon Cuneta when she had a concert in London.

When I was still in PI, I never went gaga over famous moviestars/singers but I couldn’t believe what I had done when I went to see a Sharon Cunetas Concert with a friend. I just went overboard and behave like some young rock chick going silly over the stars. The husbands minded the babies while I and my friend went to watch the concert. After the show, we brave our way backstage to chase after Sharon like some juvenile adolescent. Climbing over fenced off areas, dodging security people and shoving other fans …………..

Gawwwwwdddddd ………… the embarrassment of it all!!!

But at that time, we were not embarrassed at all – but having a whale of a time. And to top it all, we met someone higher up who had arrange for VIP fans to have dinner and Photograpsh session with Sharon – of course at bloated prices! You bet …………. We’re there as well.

So I have a lovely dinner with Sharon complete with Photograph with her as well as a signed concert brochure. Sharon was a lovely person, very accommodating – great PR.

(I guess, she got to as i need a bank loan at the prices they are charging ………. :rolleyes: :lol: )

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
jon1
Posted
Posted

I met all sorts of celebrities in Eastwood City. Never was impressed by any of them. Eventually my girl stopped pointing them out or making attempts to meet them in my presence. 

Most that I have ever met were shallow, self-indulged and had an "entitlement" attitude. 

I had a condo there and several of their "PBA" guys lived in my building. Only one out of the 8 or 9 of them impressed me. He grew up in the states, was well grounded and knew what was what. All of the others I viewed as NBA rejects wanting to live like Rock Stars. 

One day my girl had her pic taken with one of these rejects. I told her to delete all copies. She said "Why? He is a celebrity?" I told her that he is an NBA reject and I make 4X what he makes. She said "So?" I said "OK Lang, I am going out." She said "Why?". I said "I am going Pinay celebrity hunting for my pics." She couldn't delete the photos fast enough and never brought up the BS celebrity stuff ever again.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

humm,, what famous people have I or my child have seen?

shopwise cubao in 2006? was Kris aguino

shang-la mall 2007? GMA

shang-la mall,2009 &2010 was the former VP

then in 2011 was the current president (on a sunday afternoon, was looking at TVs and later bought some CD.s

may 6,2012 at Corregidor he was there as was the current VP binay

memorial /veterans day usually we see the ambassadors or the military attaches 

of the UK,Canada, Australia.new zealand,singapore 

the ambassador of france a few weeks ago leaving the national book store at gloryette

Now the movie stars,  

Vina morales, a (X)member of the sex bomb girls at greenhills

some others I not know yet my child knew who there were

cruz

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

We have gotten quite a few celebs come by the bar we owned. We actually held the GMA television channel show Pepito Manaloto Christmas Party in december & had a whole crew full, including Michael V, Manalyn Reyes, Jessa Zaragosa amongst others, me i knew none of them but my staff were all star struck! I did know the movie stars we had in at the start of the year, they were using the bar to film a few scenes (even though the male actors scene was in our toilets!) Marian Rivera was much more my cup of tea & the girls seemed to love Richard Guitierrez, another regular customer was Mercedes Cabral, she liked her drink, i can tell you that much!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

We have gotten quite a few celebs come by the bar we owned. We actually held the GMA television channel show Pepito Manaloto Christmas Party in december & had a whole crew full, including Michael V, Manalyn Reyes, Jessa Zaragosa amongst others, me i knew none of them but my staff were all star struck! I did know the movie stars we had in at the start of the year, they were using the bar to film a few scenes (even though the male actors scene was in our toilets!) Marian Rivera was much more my cup of tea & the girls seemed to love Richard Guitierrez, another regular customer was Mercedes Cabral, she liked her drink, i can tell you that much!

Oooh yeah, Marian Rivera is also my cup of tea:

post-686-0-54978800-1371021402_thumb.jpg Bootleultra, did you at least get her phone number?

samatm
Posted
Posted

I don't know 3/4  of the folk mentioned on this thread.

My  Pinoy  Celeb  run ins are few but  I did live in the same condo as Mayor Lim when he as mayor the 1st time around.    rode the Elevator with hm several times .. No body guards  and of course he was very politically friendly.

At the Chioropractors office my wife ran into home province Idol:   Lucy Torres  who I think had just married Richard Gomez.     My  2 year old daughter at the time was being curious and kept trying to grab her Pencil she was using filling out the form.  She was very sweet and talked with my wife  Hometown news from Ormoc like they were old  Barkada.

Had a beer with Jim Sibbick once and he slipped me mickey  and I don't remember anything else ...fortunately. 

• Like 3

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately not Jake! Cannot even find the photo I had with her, the best I can do is the wife with Michael V

post-2851-13714459417_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
alsuave
Posted
Posted

I used to Crossfit with Iza Calzado when I lived in Quezon City. She's very nice, and she looks great in Lululemon pants.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Are there any Filipino celebrities besides Mrs Marcos, and Manny P who would be widely well known outside the RP?
Perhaps some know of some beauty Miss,

but in general for people being in their HOME country not traveling, Asians know much more about Europe and North America, than the opposite. Many Americans don't even know some countries excist (e g see "Amazing race" TV program). Back during WWII USA asked people about USA to find foreign spies, but only Americans failed  :hystery:

For instance:

Several Japanese people even know some Swedish songs!!!  (even if it's hard to recognice it's Swedish words they are singing  :)

One Swedish music group is famous in Japan, but NOT in Sweden!  - I don't even remember their name myself  :mocking:

Many Chinese recognice some Swedish sportsmen and music artists even by only look !  (e g Jan-Ove Walldner and Lena-Maria).

(I know a few Thai and Filipin music artists myself, but I suppouse I wouldn't if I wouldn't be specialy interested in these countries  - plus remembering one of them is assisted by some Thai said one of them and I are look alike   :)

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

I would disagree Thomas.  Perhaps most young people in the US don't know much about Europe or Asia, but us old farts know all about you people in Sweden sipping the brandy from the dogs and nippling the chocolate.  LOL