Expat Experiences With Famous Filipinos?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Here's my list of famous well known Filipinos we've meet and seen up close over the years! Sharon Cuenta - singer, actress and ABS-CBN TV talk show hostKiko Panglinan - Senator, Sharon's husbandKC Conception - Sharon's daughter, actress, singer, TV talk show hostNora Anor - singer, actressTirso Cruz III - singer, actorHerman Moreno - TV variety show host, comedian in old moviesNova Villa - actress, comedian in old moviesMariam Rivera - actressJolina Mandrigal - singer, actressGretchan Barretto - fashion model, actressRandy Santiago - Ch 3 variety show host, rock singerJohn Estrada - Ch 3 variety show host and actorDomonic Ochua - actorChristine Jacobs - TV talk show hostAga Muchulac and his wife Charlene - actor, actressBrenadette Sobrano - ABS-CBN News casterManilyn Reyes - singer, actressBlack Eyed Peas, the black/Filipino lead singer

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Art, do you and your wife have any good stories to do with them?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Art, do you and your wife have any good stories to do with them?
Just last month my wife and I were at Alabang S & R and Aga Mullach and his wife Charlene were seating at the same table while we were having pizza. They were trying to be incognito, because they were grungy looking!My wife sees Sharon Cuenta and her whole family often at the market near us, because their huge rest home, as they call it is just a few miles from ours.I personally met Nora Anor, Tirso cruz III and Herman Merano in the late 60s in Angeles City after their concert when their fame was just beginning! Also Pilita Corales, Eddie Mesa, Eddie Guiterrez, Alona Alegre and Gloria Diaz hung out often in night clubs in Angeles City in the late 60s. Jolina Mandrigal and Gretchan Barretto was on the same plane we were on going back to the Philippines from San Francisco a few years ago. The rest, we just bumped into here and there, no real personal stories though!
  • Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
Myrlita & I met the Mayor of Bacolod City and are personal friends with Barbara Mijares, the news caster for ABS CBN Bacolod and her family.
Update: The mayor came into Shakey's SM Bacolod yesterday and said hi to us. Long time no see he says. Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve did your wife get her 200 electon Pesos?

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Steve did your wife get her 200 electon Pesos?
No money!

• 2 months later...
moparsquid
Posted
Posted

Freddy aguilar the famous folk singer was my wife's neighbor in olongapo city when my daughter was born.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

My wife and I just got back from Manila last night. Ai Ai Delas Alas was on the same flight. We sat next to her at the airport and had a brief chat. She was a nice lady and very accommodating to all her fans. We were delayed for 2 hours and she always had a smile and friendly word for the many people that stopped to talk to her. I was shocked to see that she was flying coach with the rest of us. She also had a very young (20-something) boy-toy in tow. She's got to be pushing 50, but she had a young stud on her arm anyway. I guess she spends her money on the good things in life and doesn't waste it on airfare.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My wife and I just got back from Manila last night. Ai Ai Delas Alas was on the same flight. We sat next to her at the airport and had a brief chat. She was a nice lady and very accommodating to all her fans. We were delayed for 2 hours and she always had a smile and friendly word for the many people that stopped to talk to her. I was shocked to see that she was flying coach with the rest of us. She also had a very young (20-something) boy-toy in tow. She's got to be pushing 50, but she had a young stud on her arm anyway. I guess she spends her money on the good things in life and doesn't waste it on airfare.

Hey Steve, had to google who she was and if I was at the airport or sitting next to her I would have had no idea.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I met Manny's sister once ..... can't say I was impressed .....

post-11-0-44058700-1334295202_thumb.jpg

• Like 5