Scams Scammers And Losing Your Money To Con Men

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Amazing what a "Google" search will uncover..................just sayin.
Dang it I should have done that long ago On the bright side I lost a few bucks but It looks like someones going to get a big dose of Karma soon :)
As they say.............."If you throw enough sh&t, some of it's bound to stick"

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted

I got schooled real hard on this one. Trusted the owner of a different website and his glowing recommendations of an investment strategy that had paid out for a number of years. He was getting a kick back from the salesmen, so he was not the disinterested party he portrayed himself as. I wish I could say it was a small amount, but it was not. On the flip side, I came out of the experience with a wife that stuck with me through thick AND thin. So when I kick my self too hard about it, I simply remember that I actually walked away from the whole thing a heck of a lot richer than I started. I found someone that loved me and stuck with me for richer or poorer. There are some things money can't buy.

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tatoosh ..... and to think this guy is still operating under the same old pretense .... selling the same old lies and scamming the same poor types of people who don't realize that "a bird in the hand ... is worth two in the bush" ..... I was approached about the so called get rich plan and told him .... no way can you pay out more interest than you can make on your money ..... never has been and never will be ..... but he was new in it then ..... anyway taught me a very good lesson and after being set upon by several other ex-pats wanting to borrow money and other crap I decided to keep as far away as I could from anything to do with other foreigners ..... and it is kinda sad when you think about it because I have never been approached by a Filipino or family member trying to scam ..... just those of my own kind ..... and some wonder why I don't socialize ...... be damned if I want to keep watching my back all the time ...... but that is just me ...... I do have some good friends that come here every year and I would give them the shirt off my back and they would for me ...... but friends like that are hard to come buy ...... you know the old saying ...... "once fooled shame on you .... twice fooled shame on me" ...... anyway enough of my ranting ..... sorry to hear you got caught up in that s*it ...... you seem to be one of the nice guys ......

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

About one year ago I heard about a money making scheme run by the owner of another forum and two other people. The other two people were a foreigner and his girlfriend. The other man died recently, so now the owner of the forum is saying that the dead man had control of all the invested money and he has nothing to do with it. And, I heard some investors are looking for the owner but can't find him because he went into hiding. Blame it on the dead man who can't speak for himself. If anyone knows this man's location please send it to me. Its time for him to pay up.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
If anyone knows this man's location please send it to me. Its time for him to pay up.
We are a friendly forum here and the expat community in Philippines is smaller than some may think. It means the person you refer to may even be a member here and we urge all members to keep their personal business discreet. As I mentioned before, I have been burned by fellow expats, and one or more members of this forum were involved. I am comfortable sharing a generic warning about such things but, for the good of the forum I will not provoke or confront any other members over my loss, (at least not on this site), and I trust others will follow that example.
  • Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

since living in the Philippines I have never been scammed except by the "kano" tax,I have no money to invest, how can i be scammed .rarely do i meet other expats, so how can they scam me.My extended family knows i have NO money to assists in their "schemes" so how can I be scammed.My bank offers low interest rates how can they scam me?You can only be SCAMMED if you allow yourself to fall victim,If its TOO GOOD to BE TRUE, guess what it usually is. a late showman P.T. Barnum once said "A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY MINUTE"/add note, when you invest,can you afford to take a lost on your investment if it turns sour/bad?do you have a written agreement? would your wife/partner agree with you to make this investment?is his SIM/Cell phone a PREPAID or POSTPAID?has it changed often that your aware of?I not post more as i am not well versed in being scammed,But I will repeat thisare you able to do a "GOOGLE" search on this person?CAN you afford to take a lost on your investment?Is it to good to be true?

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
Anyone who invest in get rich quick schemes usually have themselves to blame.In this modern world we can google a persons name and see what his/her background is like.Should we trust someone because they are well known and have a big following,no, not when our hard earned money is concerned.Its all about research,research the person backing the scheme,in the case of forums or yahoo groups,do you really know if that member who is ranting how good something is; is even real, could be the scheme owner with many different names and personality's to convince everyone that many have invested.Has anyone personally met the others who rant about some scheme,have they showed where they have put there money where their mouth is.There's a thread on another forum the other week where another make big interest story is being told,the oldest trick in the book, tell everyone you have nothing to do with it but found away to earn money so others start investing when in reality the person who is offering friendly advice has something to gain and is not really offering good advice, like a pyramid scheme where he is at the top,he wont loose but you will.This forum does not allow get rich quick schemes to be posted for the simple reason I would not want any part in someone loosing their money.Always remember, some expats are desperate to stay in the Philippines so they will get money off anyone they can to remain and the best way is to form a colt like following,some wake up, others dont wake up or want to know that the leader is not the saint he has his followers believe.DisclaimerI am not talking about anyone in particular in the above post but have seen and heard of these things before over the years.I am not degrading anyone who has fallen for a rip off scheme, we all make mistakes.For sale: Best shaving cream on the market. http://www.philippin...dpost__p__55698
Great summation... thanks...steeped in reality for sure... now, has anyone seen that damn Kool-aid??? :hystery: :hystery: " If I weren't laffin, I'd be cryin" :thumbsup:

Genius
Posted
Posted

If I m going to be throwing my money into a bottomless pit of fabrications it isn't going to be to an expat, after all I already got a gf.

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

The big scammer from another website claims to be in the USA, but actually he is hiding in the Philippines. He refuses to post pictures of himself in the USA, he refuses to meet up with guys who offer to meet up with him, and when someone said he is buy Jack Daniels Honey, he stopped posting because when he re-appears he will not have any Jack Daniels Honey. Most Scammers are also habitual liars.