Preparing For Trip

kubreeze
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if I can apply for the SRRV retirement program here in the US, or must I do it in the PI?

Thanks.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if I can apply for the SRRV retirement program here in the US, or must I do it in the PI?

Thanks.

Here is an online form from the Philippine Retirement Authority:

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_form

I think you can start the process from overseas.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted
Well, I'm really excited to be heading back over there to Cebu soon, in a month I think. This will be my 4th trip in 4 years. [

My basic plan is just to go to Cebu, stay in a moderately priced hotel or pension house when I get there.

Meet my girlfriend and see how we go. If it goes well it might be even possible to live at her place or if she wants/needs to stay in Cebu then I might rent a place not too far from her.

I would prefer to later move to another island where there are nice beaches and where I can live on a budget in a provincial lifestyle since my savings are limited.

Some places I have considered are some islands north of Cebu and Bohol.Any ideas, tips etc would be great...

Any updates on your move here? could you share w/us on how the move went?

were you able to sell your items?

it went well, I live now by the beach with my now wife, we got married last night unofficially, :) the offiicial part will start soon... She is my dream girl and we love each other although nothing is perfect when living with someone 24/7 but im happy to have her in my life. Not everything else is going smoothly though, I have had to sort out some issues with a property I own back in home country. I would like to sell it and use the money here to buy a block of land and develop a resort long term but starting with a small home & cafe but the longer I can hold on to it the better for now. We have a lots of plans and very excited for the future. thanks

• Like 4

luke
Posted
Posted
Well, I'm really excited to be heading back over there to Cebu soon, in a month I think. This will be my 4th trip in 4 years. [

My basic plan is just to go to Cebu, stay in a moderately priced hotel or pension house when I get there.

Meet my girlfriend and see how we go. If it goes well it might be even possible to live at her place or if she wants/needs to stay in Cebu then I might rent a place not too far from her.

I would prefer to later move to another island where there are nice beaches and where I can live on a budget in a provincial lifestyle since my savings are limited.

Some places I have considered are some islands north of Cebu and Bohol.Any ideas, tips etc would be great...

Any updates on your move here? could you share w/us on how the move went?

were you able to sell your items?

it went well, I live now by the beach with my now wife, we got married last night unofficially, :) the offiicial part will start soon... She is my dream girl and we love each other although nothing is perfect when living with someone 24/7 but im happy to have her in my life. Not everything else is going smoothly though, I have had to sort out some issues with a property I own back in home country. I would like to sell it and use the money here to buy a block of land and develop a resort long term but starting with a small home & cafe but the longer I can hold on to it the better for now. We have a lots of plans and very excited for the future. thanks

Is that your idea to start a business or is your wife ( & family) trying to convince you to do so. Bear in mind that whatever you "invest" may be lost as you will have no ownership of the land, not even when you are married to a local! If I were you, enjoy the honeymoon and wait till it wears off. You will see clearer the pittfalls that comes with starting a business in the PH

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Is that your idea to start a business or is your wife ( & family) trying to convince you to do so. Bear in mind that whatever you "invest" may be lost as you will have no ownership of the land, not even when you are married to a local! If I were you, enjoy the honeymoon and wait till it wears off. You will see clearer the pittfalls that comes with starting a business in the PH

I have been here 5 times for 5 years, I'm not a noob so I do understand all that but I appreciate your concerns. I will definitely be making sure all things are taken care of and doing my research.

As for who's idea was it. 100% mine, my wife is not the sort of person that would be thinking of these things but I have talked to her about it and she will support whatever plans I have. She is also excited about it now I have talked about my plans and ideas. Yes you must be careful of some girls here but my wife does not have bad or scamming bone in her body and I have to say it took me 5 girlfriends here to finally find a girl that I believe in 100%. She also has no family besides some older sisters that live along way away so family has no say or influence in out affairs which is another big plus for this relationship. All other past relationships the family were poor and relying on the girl.

• Like 2