Anyone Tried Army Navy's Burger & Burrito Yet?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I know of 2 people that have hit a moose. Moose won both times. And my sister in law is from there and has seen moose walking the roads durring mating season. I assumed it was a frequent thing like seeing deer in some states along the highway.

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I know of 2 people that have hit a moose. Moose won both times. And my sister in law is from there and has seen moose walking the roads durring mating season. I assumed it was a frequent thing like seeing deer in some states along the highway.
There were years ago but not any more... I've heard that there are a few left in Cape Breton (island on the far north end of Nova Scotia) but they are well back from the populated areas. Or possibly in the North Shore area... I will say that deer are everywhere! Or if you want to see bears? Yeah, they got them too! A few bits of useless trivia for you... There are more Bald Eagles in Nova Scotia than there are in all of the United States. A few popular shows and movies were made in NS - Trailer Park Boys (Bubbles is Mike's favourite of course), Haven, Titanic, The Hulk (Ed Norton's - I was an extra), (for anyone with kids) Theodore Tugboat (a very recognizable Halifax Harbour replica is the set) and many more! Last one - the city of Boston receives their annual Christmas tree from the Province of Nova Scotia every as a gift for their aid during what is known as the Great Halifax Explosion.Now back on topic... Wonder if I can get a mooseburger in the Philippines? :thumbsup:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Now back on topic... Wonder if I can get a mooseburger in the Philippines?
Maybe a Philippine (water buffalo) caribou burger! Ever tried P.I. K-9 burgers? Not me! No way, no how, worst than chicken claws! The chicken gizzards, I don't mind! :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Tried mooseburger while visiting Canada. Tastes like chicken.Seriously, there are many foods that fall under the "I dare you" category. My younger son wanted me to try Rocky Mountain Oysters when he was a student at Denver University. That's deep fried bull's testicles. I decided on the buffalo steak. It was really tough and chewy meat. Two of my best friends from college days in California were engaged to Filipinas. I told them a test of their love is to eat "dinuguan," made with coagulated pig's blood. I took them to a Filipino restaurant. The American choked. The exchange student from Denmark ate it. Apparently, they make a blood pudding in Scandinavia. His new in-laws in Manila gave him "balut" as a test of his resolve when the couple visited. The American choked when they visited. I still tease him about it whenever we see each other.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Wow! I was wondering what I was going to do when I finally get to do the big move! Here in the Hammer we have a place that sells a 1 pound burger done over flames that is amazing! I try to cut mine into 4 and save it for a couple meals but I never seem to get any leftovers! And now Army Navy has made me realize that I won't be homesick at all! Now if I can just find something that will take my mind off of a good Nova Scotia donair... :boohoo:
Try this one from Casa Verde.post-1-0-65088600-1328241519_thumb.jpgPhoto by Braddo
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Wow! I was wondering what I was going to do when I finally get to do the big move! Here in the Hammer we have a place that sells a 1 pound burger done over flames that is amazing! I try to cut mine into 4 and save it for a couple meals but I never seem to get any leftovers! And now Army Navy has made me realize that I won't be homesick at all! Now if I can just find something that will take my mind off of a good Nova Scotia donair... :dance:
Try this one from Casa Verde.post-1-0-65088600-1328241519_thumb.jpgPhoto by Braddo
Who did they name that burger after? Tell me it wasn't you jollygoodfellow! :boohoo:

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Sorry Art ...... no go for Cebu ...... no retail outlets opened yet but if it is done by Yellow Cab it will be good ..... as far as I'm concerned they have the best chicken wings (except home made) and pizza of any chain restaurants in Cebu ..... can't wait to try their new treats ..... :boohoo: :dance:
Mike if you're hungry for a burger, the Ranch in Banilad makes a great burger. Thats where we held the forum get together in 2010. They have cow and ostrich burgers. I recommend the ostrich burger, it was damn good! I went there once more during that trip and again my next trip to Cebu.
Thanks for that Volstateguy ...... my asawa and I have gone there a couple of times I think ..... it's the place on the corner upstairs ..... right ...... but they kept changing the opening time .... last time we had to wait 45 min. before the cook got there ....... but they are pretty accommodating and the food was good ....... then we could walk back to Country Mall and do some shopping .....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sorry Art ...... no go for Cebu ...... no retail outlets opened yet but if it is done by Yellow Cab it will be good ..... as far as I'm concerned they have the best chicken wings (except home made) and pizza of any chain restaurants in Cebu ..... can't wait to try their new treats ..... :boohoo: :dance:
Mike if you're hungry for a burger, the Ranch in Banilad makes a great burger. Thats where we held the forum get together in 2010. They have cow and ostrich burgers. I recommend the ostrich burger, it was damn good! I went there once more during that trip and again my next trip to Cebu.
Thanks for that Volstateguy ...... my asawa and I have gone there a couple of times I think ..... it's the place on the corner upstairs ..... right ...... but they kept changing the opening time .... last time we had to wait 45 min. before the cook got there ....... but they are pretty accommodating and the food was good ....... then we could walk back to Country Mall and do some shopping .....
I think you have the wrong place Mike,its a country and western theme place and no upstairs, directions are here and if you look further though the topic you can see photos of the inside.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tom ...... yea I was thinking of a different place ........ right church wrong pew ....... :lol: :hystery: :hystery:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Talk about giant burgers! I was just watching the TLC channel and they were showing a giant burger from the U.S. at Denny's beer belly pub at 1452 Woodland Road Clearfield, PA 16830-3173 weighing in at 62 lbs and can feed 200 people!!post-682-0-11162600-1328282347_thumb.jpg

Edited by Art2ro
removed problem link
  • Like 1