Buying A Property In The Wifes Name And Leasing It Back

Curley
Posted
Posted

Ever thought of having a solar powered hot water system, you can make a DIY one fairly cheaply.

Genius
Posted
Posted

Certainly got the climate for it. Panels have been collapsing in cost haven't they I think?

billten
Posted
Posted
Ever thought of having a solar powered hot water system, you can make a DIY one fairly cheaply.
I thought about it but we all take the shower at about 5:30 - 6:00 in the am; so i figured it would be a waste as there was no sun all night to warm the water and hot water during the day is not really a big value.

Curley
Posted
Posted

If your tank is insulated it keeps hot all night providing nobody has a long shower late at night. I have solar water heating here and almost never put the immersion heater on, we're sub tropical so you should be able to do better.

Bruce
Posted
Posted
If your tank is insulated it keeps hot all night providing nobody has a long shower late at night. I have solar water heating here and almost never put the immersion heater on, we're sub tropical so you should be able to do better.
Also, put some large, no bigger than a bowling ball rocks in the tank to act as a heat sink! Stack in a way to aloow good water flow around the rocks. Cheap way is a metal tank painted flat BLACK. Sits in the sun all day collecting heat.
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Then wrap your black tank in a blanket each night. :hystery: :nudie:

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)
Have no idea on what the hell a 'duvet' may be
It's a feather filled comforter or quilt style blanket... I have one that is suppose to be good for -35 degrees F. Edited by i am bob

Bruce
Posted
Posted
It's a feather filled comforter or quilt style blanket... I have one that is suppose to be good for -35 degrees F.
Pinoy word?

Curley
Posted
Posted
It's a feather filled comforter or quilt style blanket... I have one that is suppose to be good for -35 degrees F.
Pinoy word?
I always thought it was a Scandanavian word but the net says its English in origen although we pronounce it the French way :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted

Its really just a thick quilted blanket that i had to order especially from Canada (i'm from T.O.) because i never though to bring one to a tropical climate. Its funny, when i was in Toronto i thought 22 or 23 was a lovely day. Now its frikkin cold... 1%20%28103%29.gif

• Like 2