Filipino Shortsightedness Simple Things That Kill Tourism

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Thanks Boss Man. I will start a new topic on the visa and medical issue.

retired
Posted
Posted

I tend to seek out the humour in topics such as these and it appears this forum does have it's fair share . Thanks for that guys ! :-)

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

I believe one thing that is bad for tourism is when a first time tourist eats in the Philippines famous Jolly Bees they are ready to get back on the plane. Filipinos must have different taste buds from the rest of the world. Well, at least they are not cooking dried fish in Jolly Bees. Most tourists wouldn't even come in the door then. How can cooking dried fish smell yummy? I will never figure that one out.A few months ago, I guess he was the director of tourism said he wanted to promote Jolly Bees to increase tourism. Good luck with that. Most westerners I know never eat in Jolly Bees. They don't like the taste.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I believe one thing that is bad for tourism is when a first time tourist eats in the Philippines famous Jolly Bees they are ready to get back on the plane. Filipinos must have different taste buds from the rest of the world. Well, at least they are not cooking dried fish in Jolly Bees. Most tourists wouldn't even come in the door then. How can cooking dried fish smell yummy? I will never figure that one out.A few months ago, I guess he was the director of tourism said he wanted to promote Jolly Bees to increase tourism. Good luck with that. Most westerners I know never eat in Jolly Bees. They don't like the taste.
Jolly Bee burgers in Philippines are greasy but here in the States better than Mac's IMO.I agree you about with the stench fish, the dreaded Danggit.fresh+danggit.jpg
  • Like 1

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I seldom eat at any Jollibee fast food joints, because I just don't like anything on their menu and plus I don't like smell of dried fish! Makes me want to throw up! I'm a Fil/Am, but what do your average local Filipinos see in Jollibee anyway? Must be the smell of the dried fish! :lol:

Tatoosh
Posted
Posted
Filipinos must have different taste buds from the rest of the world. Well, at least they are not cooking dried fish in Jolly Bees. Most tourists wouldn't even come in the door then. How can cooking dried fish smell yummy? I will never figure that one out.
I mentioned this to my wife last night as we were falling asleep. Her comment was that we were all brain damaged at birth because our neural receptors must have been dramatically impaired if we cannot appreciate the delightful odor of dried fish being prepared for dinner. We ended up falling asleep much later than planned after "agreeing to disagree", to say it tactfully.
  • Like 4

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I constantly tell my wife, "if you have nothing good to say, it's just best to say nothing at all"! It hasn't sunk in yet! So, we too end up falling asleep much later than planned after "agreeing to disagree", to say it tactfully also! :hystery: post-682-0-77327000-1330579696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well actually there is dried fish that smells good when cooked and then there is the kind that my asawa refers to as "stinky dried fish" ....... must be the type of fish and how long they leave it to "decay" in the sun ..... :hystery:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

But I like Jollibees....

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Well actually there is dried fish that smells good when cooked and then there is the kind that my asawa refers to as "stinky dried fish" ....... must be the type of fish and how long they leave it to "decay" in the sun ..... :)
You know, I once knew of a Marine that was built like a linebacker and every grunt lovingly called him Tiny Bubbles. He was telling me that he met the love of his life, a Filipina with shortsightedness. Hername was Deekay down Under because she was raised in Australia.Slightly on topic, I think -- Jake
  • Like 2