Philippines Department Of Labor Wants Less Holidays

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Now I'm very lucky. I get 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks sick days, and 1 month vacation every year.
Yeah Tuka Ram, that's pretty good! When I was working as a U.S. Civil Service employee and had 15 yrs or more at the job, earned 5 weeks of paid leave annually and sick leave accrued 1 1/2 days per every 15 day pay period and if one never got sick their entire career and their sick leave accrued/accumulated can be used to be added to their retirement time, hence my pension amount was increased and also the 11% bonus pay differential for working the grave yard shift added to a higher computation of my retirement pension! The only drawback, one's government medical insurance monthly premiums stays the same upon retirement and can not be removed, but can be terminated, canceled or suspended only to be replaced by another medical insurance coverage of their choice. This worked to my advance when I became eligible for my TRICARE military health care benefit when I turned 60 with the USAFR which has no monthly premiums requirements (overseas only), it enabled me to suspend my government health insurance 3 yrs ago and since then got back $500 a month back into my pockets! So now that extra $500 a month is our nest egg for any emergencies that may come up in the future! So actually, this topic of "less holidays" didn't pertain in my situation, since I sometimes had to work holidays and weekends when my work schedule dictated it, but got paid time and half working holidays and on a Sunday! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1