Where To Send Clothes For Philippine Charity

daisy
Posted
Posted

No matter what you do for charity, It is very sad that there will always be people who will raise eye brows and often times they are the one who are not doing anything at all. Donation received..., expenditures up to the last centavos listed, for transparency purposes, benefactor will be satisfied but still those who does not really care, will care to push you down!Well, it's life and to all who care just keep going....CHEERS!!!!

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
No matter what you do for charity, It is very sad that there will always be people who will raise eye brows and often times they are the one who are not doing anything at all. Donation received..., expenditures up to the last centavos listed, for transparency purposes, benefactor will be satisfied but still those who does not really care, will care to push you down!Well, it's life and to all who care just keep going....CHEERS!!!!
Sounds like that crab mentality I've heard so much about.
  • Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Anyway if I see 30 Filipinos wearing yellow Tee shirts with the words Bundaberg Rum written on them I know they got there safely.
You must have been to one of our "open houses". I got a wardrobe full of bundy rum shirts! :cheersty: :) :hystery:Also got a big collection of Philippine T shirts, you know those souvenier ones you pick up from all over the place.
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ok, Bruce... You got me! Registered and ready to enjoy the fun! But no kids for me for now please? :cheersty:
I have tried to post a short entry on 2 different christain sites... BOTH booted me off any blocked the new account. Sooner or later I will find a nice retired couple that want to try their hand at running a quasi orphanage / outreach program for the kids... wiith NO religion attached. Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed offencive words

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

HEY too bad you are not in the US! I could give you a tax duductable receipt!But if you pay shipping, I can see that all clothes are GIVEN away to poor squatters and not sold and can post some pics to prove it

.Shipping here is:

Pam Valenzuela410 Purok 9Canlapwas,

CatbaloganSamar, Phils, 6700

0929 756 6865Same information on the website below.

Yup ..... Bruce maybe a lot of things :attention: ... but at least he is honest ....... my bet would be on him ...... seriously

Just felt it was time to give this post another life as BRUCE  does the best he can and

with so many new members maybe one of them can be of help

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes! While feeding offers no lasting benefit, everyone needs to eat and eating by the kids is something that the parents can not take away from them. Out on Samar, it got to be about 25+ to sometimes many more show up at Jollibees when they expected me to arrive to eat. As a cost cutting measure, I would buy them 11p ice cream. For the really needy and hungry ones, I would buy them fish and rice at a road stand 3 blocks away. I then had the security guard at Jollibees line up the 1st 25 and then no more for me and he got to be in charge instead of me.LOL  

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Any truth to the rumour Bruce's Seafood, Bar-b-q and Grill will be opening up soon?   :mocking:

I know I kid about it but sometimes it sounds more economical to have some kind of a kitchen set-up to feed the poor rather than lining up at Jollybees.  Would the local church be interested maybe in sharing a soup kitchen or something...?  A commercial size can of crushed tomatoes, a couple grated veggies, an onion and a handful or 2 of rice could make enough soup to feed a very large number.  

When yachting with the navy, we would end up in some pretty strong storms (hiding inside Cat 5 hurricanes) and thus we knew we could not fly for a few days or until we moved out of the storm.  So, out of boredom, I would often go help the cooks in the galley making meals.  What I described above for soup?  2 cans of crushed tomatoes was the main ingredient in soup for a crew of just under 250.  Of course, not everybody ate the soup so I would say more likely this made soup for about 100 or so.  And the soup could have been made much thinner and still be better than a canned soup.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Any truth to the rumour Bruce's Seafood, Bar-b-q and Grill will be opening up soon?   :mocking:

I know I kid about it but sometimes it sounds more economical to have some kind of a kitchen set-up to feed the poor rather than lining up at Jollybees.  Would the local church be interested maybe in sharing a soup kitchen or something...?  A commercial size can of crushed tomatoes, a couple grated veggies, an onion and a handful or 2 of rice could make enough soup to feed a very large number.  

When yachting with the navy, we would end up in some pretty strong storms (hiding inside Cat 5 hurricanes) and thus we knew we could not fly for a few days or until we moved out of the storm.  So, out of boredom, I would often go help the cooks in the galley making meals.  What I described above for soup?  2 cans of crushed tomatoes was the main ingredient in soup for a crew of just under 250.  Of course, not everybody ate the soup so I would say more likely this made soup for about 100 or so.  And the soup could have been made much thinner and still be better than a canned soup.

Youn are correct again! While no food service business is in my future, in the family that runs the  charity for me... they have a bar b que and do sell chicken heads, feet and large intestine! As well as other red dyed mystery meat!

By the time I buy the set up and the gas for cooking and the labor and the foods to cook... and taking into consideration that the local kids eat RICE and small pieces of fish 98% of the time... vegetables are some what of a odd thing they see every day at the market... but not on their plates. So It is cheaper for me to make a deal with the local road side seller to provide 20+ meals (ha!) for the kids than from me to try to make a daily soup kitchen as you would see in the west.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
retired
Posted
Posted

Donating to Philippine charities from abroad is a bit of  mine field at times as recent first hand experience has proven . That holds especially true when shipping in goods versus sending money . ELCI charities of Cagayan de Oro , of which my wife Daisy chairs , recently received a phone call from Manila customs .

Seems a charitable organization in Belgium which had donated previously to ELCI had sent 6 pallets of goods consigned to ELCI . Exactly what the mix of the goods is i am not sure but at least some of it is in the form of clothing . Therein the problems start because the Philippines considers clothing ( even used apparently ) to fall under the " textile " importation clause/s . Bottom line is Manila customs says they will forward to CDO as soon as the $ 983 customs duties are paid by ELCI .   :-)

ELCI doesn't have $983 and if it did i suspect such funds would already be earmarked for local projects . Don't know the shipping costs from Belgium but i suspect not cheap . Which makes me ask this question . How does all of the used clothing that you can buy in any Philippine street stall for next to nothing and which comes from abroad make it here if it goes through customs inspection .? Or , maybe it doesn't go through customs inspection ?   :-)

Just Wondering...