Best Burger?

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Sounds too much like hard work to me when theres a Wendys just down the road.....gimme that Baconator please kind sir!!

:dance: :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yea, I tried that, Jake.  It points me to a flyover when I try to find that on a map. Ive been over and under that thing looking for it! I'll continue the search! Thanks for the help.

Not sure why you can not find it, stop and ask someone as they all know where it is.

post-1-0-55149700-1362652323_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I thought exchange 345 is Mandaue?

I believe the Banilad Town center is in Mandaue

Banilad Town Center, Mandaue City, Central Visayas, Philippines

• 1 month later...
Daniel Boyer
Posted
Posted

S and R membership shopping sells 18 pieces of USDA Angus beef patties...so you can make the best burgers in the Philippines on your grill at home!!!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

S and R membership shopping sells 18 pieces of USDA Angus beef patties...so you can make the best burgers in the Philippines on your grill at home!!!

I totally agree and when we lived in Cebu I was a frequent flyer ..... but alas we have none here in Bacolod ..... but I did find that SM fatty ground beef here is not a bad substitute ...... and no don't ask what is in it .... just close your eyes and swallow ..... hummmmmm .... maybe I should have phrased that a little differently ..... Jake .... Oh Jake ...... don't you dare .....  :mocking:  :mocking:  :cheersty: 

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I totally agree and when we lived in Cebu I was a frequent flyer ..... but alas we have none here in Bacolod ..... but I did find that SM fatty ground beef here is not a bad substitute ...... and no don't ask what is in it .... just close your eyes and swallow ..... hummmmmm .... maybe I should have phrased that a little differently ..... Jake .... Oh Jake ...... don't you dare .....  :mocking:  :mocking:  :cheersty:

Hey Mike S,

What kind of grunt are you?  You are exposing your six again by enticing me to attack you from behind.

Anyway, just keep your eyes wipe open -- you're a lover and not a spitter......he, he.

OK, back to the OP......the local meat products are generally not as tender and it would seem they add

on mystery spices (on sometimes mystery meat) to enhance flavoring.  Actually, I'm really not that critical

on choosing a hamburger joint.  Jollibee or Macdoo-doo is fine with me.

I like the idea of grilling your own burgers as Samatm and Daniel suggested.  I'm sure many of you guys

have your secret recipe of grilling that perfect thick and juicy burger.  And I'm coming over with a case

of San Magoo.....he, he.

post-686-0-50381800-1366779631_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

And that kind sir is a well filled bun ...... that would even satisfy the little ol' lady that used to holler out .... "Where's the Beef" ....... :mocking: :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

Finally had a  Really GREAT HAMBURGER  after months of going burgerless in Cebu (too lazy to grill)    I found myself in Beijing this week and quickly found myself in the nearby Hooters!    Bacon Cheddar - well done.  oh my.     And the visuals  weren't too bad either.   

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Does anyone remember what S&R charges for the 18 pack?  I was in Pure Gold Duty Free yesterday and they also have an 18 pack of Angus patties, from Wisconsin, USA.  The price was p1200 which is almost $30!  I used to buy a similar 18 pack at Costco in the US and I think they were $12??  Maybe more now.

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Actually I was in Hooters, manila bay the other day & have to say there burgers looked quite good although I didnt order one, the guys on the nearby table all ordered them and seemed to enjoy.....also TGI's look quite good, amybe Ill try one next time and report back here!

• Like 2