Pension House

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I found this, happened early yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Sorry man, that's the shanties down near Tabuan, not close to Escario.
I don't think he said his gf lived off Escario. Someone was recommending the Pension Portugal or whatever it's called which is off Escario. Heard a lot of negative things about that place.

billten
Posted
Posted

Ah my bad. Sorry. The place that burned was a total scary place. Hope that's not where the poor girl was living...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sorry guys - maybe I didn't explain myself properly...She was staying in a boarding house - I was wondering what the difference was. That was answered very well by Mr Bundy.As for the pension house - that's for me when I do the move. I was just looking for a general idea what the average costs for one is for a month... a ballpark figure so to say.... I want to start putting my budget together with general numbers now and as the time grows closer, I'll look deeper and find the true figures I will need then.
Bob, from what I've seen pension houses run between 10,000-18,000 pesos a month plus utilities. You can do a Google search and find quite a few. The cheapest I've heard of is Pennsion de Portugal....member Happy stayed there long term and paid P10,000 a month for one person and P12,000 once his girlfriend moved in. He seemed quite happy with the place. I haven't been able to find a website for it so you would probably need to wait till you are there to see if the have vacancies. It was located right across the street from Windland Tower condos and is walking distance to Ayala mall but taxis were always lined up just outside so its convenient if you need a taxi.
The pension house you mention here is basally a converted house and rarely has a vacancy from my understanding,Happy might like to charm in here.But anyway there are a lot of nice pension houses in Cebu now and best to search google as well as trip adviser to get an idea of which is best.They will offer a better rate for a month or more stay and some are almost the standard of a regular hotel.This is a reply I got in 2010 from one, Hi! You will find below our rates for double occupancy:Standard: 18500Premiere: 21500You need to reserve your room at least a month prior to your date of arrival. We would need you to make bank deposit or for your credit card details of 30% of your total rate for us to confirm your reservation.Thanks,Pacific Pensionne 313-A Osmena Blvd., Ceby City 600024 Hour Hotline: (63-927) 2579163; (63-32) 2535271www.pacificpensionne.comA note on standard and premiere roomsstandard rooms -located on 3rd and 4th floor, has cable tv, ensuite bathroom and airconditionedPremiere rooms - located on the 1st and 2nd floor, has hot and cold shower, and all the amenities of the standard room
  • Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Well I for one am impressed with all the heart felt responses for someone ( Bob ) whom no one has every even met. Nor is there anyway to tell who is honest...with no agenda. Just a concern for a fellow human being.I am honored indeed to be but a small part of this web community. Bob , please keep us posted as to what is found out and what assistance would be requested.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well I for one am impressed with all the heart felt responses for someone ( Bob ) whom no one has every even met.
We give everyone the benefit of our help and faith in their good intentions. Until they murder their wife and bury the body in the back yard then run away to the Philippines to be with another loving filipina.But that's going off topic. For more on that, please go to This Thread Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
If you both have a good understanding of one another and trust one another, you can just ask her what her immediate needs are and just give her the necessary funds to tie her over until you get to the Philippines! It's just as simple as that!
Here's a simplistic way of looking at it "Doubts leads to untrust"! "Trust begets love and loyalty"!If neither works, just move on, because there's other fish in the ocean! And about pension houses, you get what you pay for, foriegner prices or not! But since it's in Cebu, I understand the P18,000 to P20,000 a month rent! Where I live, a decent 1 bed room apt only goes for P5,000 to P8,000 a month! It's just all about location, location, location! Edited by Art2ro
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Well I for one am impressed with all the heart felt responses for someone ( Bob ) whom no one has every even met.
We give everyone the benefit of our help and faith in their good intentions. Until they murder their wife and bury the body in the back yard then run away to the Philippines to be with another loving filipina.But that's going off topic. For more on that, please go to This Thread
:tiphat:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
We give everyone the benefit of our help and faith in their good intentions.Until they murder their wife and bury the body in the back yard then run away to the Philippines to be with another loving filipina.But that's going off topic. For more on that, please go to This Thread
:tiphat:
But Bob isn't from viva Las Vegas! :89:

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Bob, sorry to hear about your lady's delema and hope all works out well. I apologize for what I'm about to ask you and pray you are not insulted but it did cross my mind and my sincerest apologies if I'm wrong. My question is, "When she told you what happened meaning she lost everything in a fire, did you take any steps to verify this actually happened?" The reason I ask is this country's favorate pastime is scaming foreigners. Again sorry if I'm wrong but it crossed my mind and I had to ask.
Anybody else maybe I would.... But before everybody goes "oohhhhhh!!!!".....She hasn't asked for and doesn't want me to send her any money! She really was upset when I sent her a couple dollars so she had money for food that day and it cost me as much to send as what she got... And I found a way to send money cheap!She is most definitely a "keeper"!!!!
  • Like 4