Pension House

billten
Posted
Posted
And about pension houses, you get what you pay for, foriegner prices or not! But since it's in Cebu, I understand the P18,000 to P20,000 a month rent! Where I live, a decent 1 bed room apt only goes for P5,000 to P8,000 a month! It's just all about location, location, location!
Yup, in Cebu the prices on regular rentals has dropped a lot in the last 5 or 6 years. Used to be you had to pay at least p20k to get something decent; now if you look around you can easily find places in the p7.5 to 9k range. Strange thing is that pensions, boarding houses and the like have not moved, in fact they have gone up in the same time. One thing to think about is to find a simple rental place rather than a pension house; it may save you a lot of $...
  • Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted
usually the cost to send it by a budget system (WorldRemit) is about the same as what I have sent her. Not very cost efficient but relationship efficient I think is better.
Sounds like a classy girl. Nice...
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just thought I would update this in case anybody was wondering what the end result was...My Special Someone (SS) found another place to stay for the remainder of her term. She ended up in a room with 8 other girls. Extremely noisy and hard to maintain studies but what the hey! It was cheap, close to school and she could study at the school just as easily (her words). Now school is over for the term and she is back in the mountains with her mom for a bit. Next term she is going to look for something a lot more private (maybe up to 2 or 3 room mates at the most) again. And I was a bad boy and went against everybody's recommendation (including hers) and paid for her next term's tuition. She still thanks me daily, tells me how much she loves me and how badly she will feel over my "hospitalization" if I ever do that again...! Oh she is definitely a keeper!

• Like 2

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Then I am very happy for you Bob. I wish you both fairwell & very happy. : )

• Like 1