Why Do Only Citizens Have The Right To Own A Gun ?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
You carried a gun all your life "to defend yourself" but never used it.......... do you really need one then?
Curley kindly please stay on topic.The answer to your question is in his post.... he was a California Police Officer.
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

My apologies for straying off topic. The answer is not in his post, my question is Why do you need one? Meaning why do you need one now in the philippines if you've carried one all your life but never needed to use one?To get back on topic... Why Do Only Citizens Have The Right To Own A Gun ?We cannot answer that question, only to state that the Philippine powers that be have decided to make that the law in their country. We do not know why, only that they prefer foreigners in their country to not be armed.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My bad Curley no need to apologize I misunderstood. :89:I agree with you, it's their rules. Foreigners have very little or no rights in Philippines. Personally I have never had a problem in over 14 years of visiting hope we never do.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

By reading the posts by some members on here - and more so from others on some of the other forums before I joined here - I'm not so sure I would want any "foreigners" carrying guns... They would shoot at anything that pissed them off or made any noise... I can see it now... No more KFC calling at 4 am (cocks crowing)! No more Karaoke public radio broadcasting! No more Jollyburp dancing bees! And, no, they don't make enough bullets to shoot all the mosquitoes!!!Aw, c'mon guys! I can only duck so fast!!! 1%20(72).gif

• Like 3

Garpo
Posted
Posted

There are things that you are not going to like about the Philippines and there are things that you are going to like. You can't have everything just the way you want. What you have to decide is if you can live without the things you will be giving up and if the better things about the Philippines will make the move worth it to you or not.Life is about the decisions we make, you are not about to change the laws here in the Philippines and my guess is that this particular gun law will never change. It might be a bad law when you only apply it to someone like you that is well trained and experienced with a gun but it sure as hell is fair and a good law when it comes to a bunch of the other foreigners that I see coming into the Philippines.Like you, I lived around and had guns with me all of my life. Was it a hard decision I had to make when I moved to the Philippines?? Yes it was, I thought I would never be comfortable and feel safe without my gun in the house or concealed on me when I was out and about. After being here more than a year, I honestly can say that I do not even miss it and am just fine without it. Maybe even better because as you well know there is a constant pressure on a person that is always packing. I do not miss that pressure at all. :tiphat: :mocking:

• Like 4

scianna54
Posted
Posted (edited)

Many people own guns in the Philippines without license, the problem with that is that they get their guns out when they are drunk. Even a legal gun here doesn't require much of an eduction. In Canada, you have to go through several courses and background checks if you want to own a handgun. From that experience, guns are not dangerous. I don't think only police and military should own guns, please keep in mind that gun ownership in Mexico is illegal, so basically only criminals own guns and law abiding citizen are often defenseless.Back to the topic, you have to meet certain requirements even as Filipino, if you want to own a gun. My wife would meet those requirements but we decided not to possess one as ownership here would come with more burden than benefit.

Edited by scianna54
  • Like 3

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

When you pull your gun you shoot to kill. Then either you kill or get killed. My tv and laptop do not worth the killing of anyone, not that i feel pitty for the scambag but only the lawyers will cost way much more than the price of the tv or even a car.Having a gun to threat people...you better think again!!! Once you pull it, you pull it to kill, if you are not decided to it then your opponent most lilely is since he sees his life threatened.As for the western world where you are allowed to use it in case someone comes in your house...shoot the thief on his back IN YOUR HOUSE and you go to jail for murder. I have read cases where thieves even sued the house owners for defective stairs in their house which resulted to the thief's injury, and they won.So the thief comes in, you catch him, he shoots at you, miss you and try to run away, then you shoot him back and you kill him...you are in jail for a good 20-30 years because it was on his back.Very few are the cases where the shooter were justified and escaped the law without any conviction and in these cases he had to sell his house to pay the lawyer.Think again?

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
When you pull your gun you shoot to kill. Then either you kill or get killed. My tv and laptop do not worth the killing of anyone, not that i feel pitty for the scambag but only the lawyers will cost way much more than the price of the tv or even a car.Having a gun to threat people...you better think again!!! Once you pull it, you pull it to kill, if you are not decided to it then your opponent most lilely is since he sees his life threatened.As for the western world where you are allowed to use it in case someone comes in your house...shoot the thief on his back IN YOUR HOUSE and you go to jail for murder. I have read cases where thieves even sued the house owners for defective stairs in their house which resulted to the thief's injury, and they won.So the thief comes in, you catch him, he shoots at you, miss you and try to run away, then you shoot him back and you kill him...you are in jail for a good 20-30 years because it was on his back.Very few are the cases where the shooter were justified and escaped the law without any conviction and in these cases he had to sell his house to pay the lawyer.Think again?
So far guys, this thread has been lively with many valid point-counter points. More importantly, even thoughthe discussions can be emotionally hot, no one has personally attack the poster, only his contents. I tend to stay in the sidelines until Joe (above post) came up with similar feelings that I have. This thread runsparallel with a previous topic dated May 2009. This is my view: http://www.philippin...dpost__p__34175Keeping a low profile -- Jake
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...
1Saltydog
Posted
Posted

Since a gun is not a good option how about Mace or Pepper Spray? Are they legal to carry? Something is better than nothing unless the bad guy has a gun.

• Like 1

Hopeless
Posted
Posted

Its the wild wild west here damn it you can not tell me how to defend my family 

the only story being told is by the living  .Guns are super cheap and available  everywhere 

• Like 1