Why Do Only Citizens Have The Right To Own A Gun ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Guns are super cheap and available  everywhere 

Guns don't kill people People kill People. with Whatever, they can lay there hands on

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Its the wild wild west here damn it you can not tell me how to defend my family 

It may seem like the wild west but laws here are selectively enforced so if you are defending your family in a way that offends someone with influence you will find yourself in very hot water.

But that is just my opinion.  In truth, I have seen a lot of expats whose 'wives' have guns and fortunately I have not personally known an expat who has had to use 'his wife's' gun to defend his family.  I can see an advantage to a 'secret gun' hidden under the bed but I believe that if it is known that you carry a gun then you will be the victim of a head shot before you even perceive a threat.  Again, just my opinion.

• Like 5

jon1
Posted
Posted

Its the wild wild west here damn it you can not tell me how to defend my family 

the only story being told is by the living  .Guns are super cheap and available  everywhere 

You have two options;

1. Get a gun legally in your wife's name. Teach her how to use it. Either of you use it (if ever needed) but when the police arrive for the body, your wife will be in possession of the weapon.

2. Get a gun illegally and deal with the ramifications if it is ever used.

Illegal guns are readily available all over the country as are Legal ones.  Also, just by having a gun does not mean that you or your wife will be able to use it at the moment required. It's one thing to own a weapon and be able to shoot at a target. And quite a different one to shoot at a person with intent to kill. Sure, the fight or flight instinct will kick in, but unless you have previous experience you will not know until the situation occurs. 

• Like 5

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

[quote name="Jack Peterson" post="136303"

Guns don't kill people People kill People. with Whatever, they can lay there hands ona gun is a tool, awareness an alert attitude, are the best weapons you have, along with a preformed action based on plan defensivelypossible situations, you are the weapon you don t need a gun. plan defensively

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

K's father has a .45. Its legal status is unclear to me, but it is functional. Its real value is that the whole barangay knows he has it. Oh, and he has also let it be known that if anyone except me gets within  a yard  of his youngest daughter, he will use it. 

In the circumstances I feel no need to own a gun myself...

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

I recently ran into a fellow that was a retired policeman from the US. He lamented the fact that he could not carry a weapon after having one in the US all of his life. To me I think that there is some over compensation going for his own inadequacies. This fellow lived in Olongapo and was actively working his return to the US. I have used weapons all over the world and never felt the need to "carry" within the Subic/Olongapo area. If I ever felt that way, it would be stupid of me to stay where I was and not move on to a safer area. 

I did carry an illegal 45 Colt Commander in Mindanao without any reluctance. That is different story. Bad guy area with bad guy consequences = the true "Wild Wild West" that "Hopeless" referred to.

Personally, I would love to own a gun as I always have had one (legally) until I moved here. I used to hunt and target shoot. So now I am content with an Airsoft 1911 Pistol, nailing monkeys at 100ft with soft pellets :)

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
Personally, I would love to own a gun as I always have had one (legally) until I moved here. I used to hunt and target shoot. So now I am content with an Airsoft 1911 Pistol, nailing monkeys at 100ft with soft pellets

I used to target shoot with a pistol until the Dunblane massacre when I stopped* - I do have a nice Webley air pistol and a BSA air rifle.

*My decision - before the law changed in the UK. I just thought no sport was worth that.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 1