Extending Visa For My Kids

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Figured it out today.My wife's friend's brother-in-law (how's that for the start of a Philippine story?) works at BI in Manila, and told her in November, when my kid's visas were up, that she could just wait until March and he'd help her pay for them.I guess what he meant was, we're going to have to pay monthly anyways, so just pay it all together after a few months (and hopefully) he would help us save on administrative costs and late fees(?). They figured it'd be more convenient that way.What immigration in Tacloban told my wife today is that we owe 28,000 pesos between the two kids from Nov.21st~April 20th, and it increases 5,000 pesos a month. In that 28k is included administrative costs and late fees and stuff. Now my wife is going to see if that guy can help us save some money here and there on those extras, which I can only assume is what he intended on in the first place.I'm pissed, because for 28k I could've flown the three of them to HK and back, and the kids would've renewed the balikbayan entry stamp for another year. But nooooooooooo. Nobody could ask me what I thought we should do. I even could've applied for their dual-citizenship, or figured out if there was a one year residence they could apply for since they're dependents of a Filipina. Now, I've gotta pay that 28k, plus another 5 every month. Frak!Anywho... back in November I told my wife that I could fly them on a visa run, or she could figure it out at the immigration office. I left it in her hands. NEVER leave it in the wife's hands. OMG... One more hole to dig us out of.Guess it's my fault, ultimately.
What I don't understand is...why didn't they get balikbayan status on arrival?Regards: Jim

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
We landed in the Philippines in November, 2011, and a year later I was ready to do a visa run for my kids
Must be a mistake as a year has not yet passed since November 2011. My guess is you meant Nov 2010?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Figured it out today.My wife's friend's brother-in-law (how's that for the start of a Philippine story?) works at BI in Manila, and told her in November, when my kid's visas were up, that she could just wait until March and he'd help her pay for them.I guess what he meant was, we're going to have to pay monthly anyways, so just pay it all together after a few months (and hopefully) he would help us save on administrative costs and late fees(?). They figured it'd be more convenient that way.What immigration in Tacloban told my wife today is that we owe 28,000 pesos between the two kids from Nov.21st~April 20th, and it increases 5,000 pesos a month. In that 28k is included administrative costs and late fees and stuff. Now my wife is going to see if that guy can help us save some money here and there on those extras, which I can only assume is what he intended on in the first place.I'm pissed, because for 28k I could've flown the three of them to HK and back, and the kids would've renewed the balikbayan entry stamp for another year. But nooooooooooo. Nobody could ask me what I thought we should do. I even could've applied for their dual-citizenship, or figured out if there was a one year residence they could apply for since they're dependents of a Filipina. Now, I've gotta pay that 28k, plus another 5 every month. Frak!Anywho... back in November I told my wife that I could fly them on a visa run, or she could figure it out at the immigration office. I left it in her hands. NEVER leave it in the wife's hands. OMG... One more hole to dig us out of.Guess it's my fault, ultimately.
What I don't understand is...why didn't they get balikbayan status on arrival?Regards: Jim
Yeah... that was a typo.... we landed Nov/2010 and the one year expired in Nov/2011. I would've just flown them out and back to get another year, but her "friend" assumed that we would just pay monthly, I guess. At that time this all went down, I knew I should handle it, but I was trying to give my wife a little more responsibility. I didn't think going to the immigration office was asking too much.I told her today not to worry about it; the damage has been done. I can afford it, ultimately, but it's one more month working away from them once all the other debts are paid, her Canadian visa is ready, and we're ready to buy plane tickets.

mariposa
Posted
Posted

You will ripped off. If your child's visa expired on Nov.11, 2011 Tentative computation- that was only 2,500x4(months) till March= P10,000.00 (less) x2= P20,000.00 they don't need to pay Icard hence they are not staying here in PI for 6moths.( after the Balikbayan visa expires). Are they asking you 28k each? plus 5k each? That will be 76k all. Fixers are not outside BI its inside mostly Immigration Employee Your wife can work it out, tell to her friend that you will not pay the Tourist Visa but instead she file for Recognition as Filipino Citizen of her Children.Recognition as Filipino citizen - act of acknowledging Philippine Citizenship of a person who is a citizen of a foreign country whose father or mother is a Filipino citizen at the time of his birth. CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATIONS FOR RECOGNITION AS FILIPINO CITIZEN

5. Plain photocopy of the passport of the applicant and the parents;

6. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate

3. Two (2) pieces-passport size colored pictures over royal blue background;

b) Two (2) pieces-passport size colored pictures over royal blue background;

13(e) Returning residence visa - for persons previously lawfully admitted into the Philippines for permanent residence, who is returning from a temporary visit abroad to an unrelinquished residence in the Philippines.13(g) Returning former Filipino citizen - for natural born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in foreign country.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Fixers are not outside BI its inside mostly Immigration Employee
This post would indicate an in depth knowledge about the workings of the BI and yet, in another post, the new member seems clueless about it? Hmmmm. In the words of the immortal Sherlock Holmes: The game is afoot.
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
This post would indicate an in depth knowledge about the workings of the BI and yet, in another post, the new member seems clueless about it? Hmmm. In the words of the immortal Sherlock Holmes: The game is afoot.
Have to Agree here, Elementary, My dear Watson! (MRS HUDSON! coffee Please) :mocking:Jack P. :)

mariposa
Posted
Posted
This post would indicate an in depth knowledge about the workings of the BI and yet, in another post, the new member seems clueless about it? Hmmm. In the words of the immortal Sherlock Holmes: The game is afoot.
Have to Agree here, Elementary, My dear Watson! (MRS HUDSON! coffee Please) :mocking:Jack P. :)
Have I done wrong my friend?

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hello Ekonomizta,Your name implies that you are a Filipino economist. Your previous post (topic 14 of this thread) stronglyindicates you know your way around the office of BI. And yet, you are now seeking advice (conducting asurvey) on how to obtain a BB stamp without a native born Pinay accompanying the inbound traveler. Please try to understand that our red flag (suspicion) is up in trying to evaluate new members. We are veryprotective of this wonderful forum and we will certainly NOT give any illegal advice that would jeopardize thegood name and reputation of this forum. Thank you for your understanding -- Jake
  • Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted
Hello Ekonomizta,Your name implies that you are a Filipino economist. Your previous post (topic 14 of this thread) stronglyindicates you know your way around the office of BI. And yet, you are now seeking advice (conducting asurvey) on how to obtain a BB stamp without a native born Pinay accompanying the inbound traveler.Please try to understand that our red flag (suspicion) is up in trying to evaluate new members. We are veryprotective of this wonderful forum and we will certainly NOT give any illegal advice that would jeopardize thegood name and reputation of this forum. Thank you for your understanding -- Jake
I do understand Jake, my apologize and to the people on this forum. Yes I admit. I have knowledge in Philippine Immigration but not all thats why I read all the forum topics seeking to enlighten my confusion. honestly not in the other way around or something illegal. Or conducting a survey on which is good Com. David or Libanan. I am not aware. Im reading some forum threads nothing could answer my question before I ask to this forum, I am confused thats why I seek to ask on this forum ,Confusion on the case of my American friend and this is what happened, he said the he arrived here in the Philippines last yr. without his Filipina wife, the Filipina wife is sick and stayin here in PI when he arrives here in PI he said that BI officers stamped his passport with Balikbayan even if hes not travelling with his Filipina wife he just present his Marriage Contract and explained the situation his facing through. I don't believe its true, for I knew about the law in Balikbayan privelege needs to accompany with wife, but I saw the stamped with BB on it. I honestly don't know if theres new rules regarding this. So thats why I post asking, questioning if you have the same experience. Because he will leave the country again this March for his Balikbayan will expire soon and comeback again after two weeks.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Have to Agree here, Elementary, My dear Watson! (MRS HUDSON! coffee Please) :mocking:Jack P. :541:
:) ekonomista, Based on some answers you have received, I think you should be asking yourself this Question, Don't You?Regards, Jack P.