Extending Visa For My Kids

mariposa
Posted
Posted
I don't mind anyone telling me I'm wrong because I learn a little more each day about the rules governing Immigration, visas and citizenship, but my take on the situation now that we know that the children's BB status expired November 2011 is this;-
  • If they had made an application to extend that status in November they would/may have been granted a further 6 months.
  • If they didn't, which seems to be the case, thay automatically became tourists and their extension costs would be as follows;-
  • November to January -3030p: January to March - 7500p, because they would need an ACR card; plus they would need to pay 1000p a month in late fees = 4,000p - so a total of 14,530p each.

I have never come across this situation before but I do know that while you are changing your status to PR while applying for the 13a visa, you need to keep your tourist visas up to date and my strong GUESS would be that this would be the case while applying for the right to Filipino Citizenship.

Paying for tourist visa while a 13(a) or 13Quota, 9(g)9(f),13(g) while still on process doesnt apply to Recognition as Filipino Citizen or R.A. 9225. Doesnt matter if you are overstay, whether it be 10 years or 20 years as long as you are qualified for Recognition or Dual Citizenship it can be waive. You don't need to pay the penalty for overstaying nor update your visa before applying the Recognition or Dual.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
I don't mind anyone telling me I'm wrong because I learn a little more each day about the rules governing Immigration, visas and citizenship, but my take on the situation now that we know that the children's BB status expired November 2011 is this;-
  • If they had made an application to extend that status in November they would/may have been granted a further 6 months.
  • If they didn't, which seems to be the case, thay automatically became tourists and their extension costs would be as follows;-
  • November to January -3030p: January to March - 7500p, because they would need an ACR card; plus they would need to pay 1000p a month in late fees = 4,000p - so a total of 14,530p each.

I have never come across this situation before but I do know that while you are changing your status to PR while applying for the 13a visa, you need to keep your tourist visas up to date and my strong GUESS would be that this would be the case while applying for the right to Filipino Citizenship.

Paying for tourist visa while a 13(a) or 13Quota, 9(g)9(f),13(g) while still on process doesnt apply to Recognition as Filipino Citizen or R.A. 9225. Doesnt matter if you are overstay, whether it be 10 years or 20 years as long as you are qualified for Recognition or Dual Citizenship it can be waive. You don't need to pay the penalty for overstaying nor update your visa before applying the Recognition or Dual.
Thank you for your clarification - I did say it was a guess!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:hystery: Somedays, I get the Impression that The Politically Correct issue, gets in the way of Questions and Answers.Charles Dickens tried to explain this In his Work " Oliver Twist " If we Don't ask we don't get. All Oliver asked, was, "Can I Have some more Please". The FAQ section in any Web Site, is there for a Reason.Interested Parties, Keep Asking The Question, Knowledgeable Parties, Keep Answering them. It is How we Learn :hystery: ITY!Jack P. :tiphat: (Sitting on the fence here) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Difference between Recognition as Filipino Citizen and Dual Citizenship under R.A.9225Under Recognition as Filipino Citizen the laws and procedures is based upon the 1987 Constitutionunder R.A.9225 its based upon the 2003 Act. Under Recognition it takes 3-6 months all the papers must be submit in 5 copies. Letter request, Affidavit, NSO/ etc. (must submit in 5 copies) Dual takes 3 months.(I admit Im losing my enthusiasm to post because of many criticism against me.) Actually I dont benefit fromt this just wanna help.Hey, wanna know if his wife is also a canadian citizen?
My wife is a Filipina. Our first daughter was born in Taiwan, but we only applied for her Canadian citizenship. My second daughter was born in Korea, and, again, we only applied for Canadian citizenship.Thanks for all the help. I know I could find all of this stuff out myself eventually, but being busy with work and no internet connection at home, it can be tough to find the time. If someone out there in internet land has all the answers readily available, it's a good place for me to start looking. Also, it can help other people with the same questions as my own.Again, you've been a big help.
  • Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)
Difference between Recognition as Filipino Citizen and Dual Citizenship under R.A.9225Under Recognition as Filipino Citizen the laws and procedures is based upon the 1987 Constitutionunder R.A.9225 its based upon the 2003 Act. Under Recognition it takes 3-6 months all the papers must be submit in 5 copies. Letter request, Affidavit, NSO/ etc. (must submit in 5 copies) Dual takes 3 months.(I admit Im losing my enthusiasm to post because of many criticism against me.) Actually I dont benefit fromt this just wanna help.Hey, wanna know if his wife is also a canadian citizen?
My wife is a Filipina. Our first daughter was born in Taiwan, but we only applied for her Canadian citizenship. My second daughter was born in Korea, and, again, we only applied for Canadian citizenship.Thanks for all the help. I know I could find all of this stuff out myself eventually, but being busy with work and no internet connection at home, it can be tough to find the time. If someone out there in internet land has all the answers readily available, it's a good place for me to start looking. Also, it can help other people with the same questions as my own.Again, you've been a big help.
Thanks for the info. Good thing your in Taiwan now. Try to Get a copy of your childrens Birth Certificate and have it authenticate in Philippine Embassy there. BI will not accept your application if the documents will not authenticated in Philippine Embassy hence all documents executed outside the country must be authenticated from the embassy or consulate. AFter that this authenticated Birth Certificate needs to be red ribbon here in Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) its a bit footwork but it can save you a hundred thousand bucks penalty in the future. Then I can send you the draft of Letter request and Affidavit of Citizenship to your email if the Bi website don't have it. I just wanna help... maybe Im a little bored here and wanna do good things. And besides my mom's from Leyte. Edited by ekonomizta
  • Like 1