Extending Visa For My Kids

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Fixers are not outside BI its inside mostly Immigration Employee
This post would indicate an in depth knowledge about the workings of the BI and yet, in another post, the new member seems clueless about it? Hmmm. In the words of the immortal Sherlock Holmes: The game is afoot.
Have to Agree here, Elementary, My dear Watson! (MRS HUDSON! coffee Please) :mocking:Jack P. :541:
Have I done wrong my friend?
:) ekonomista, Based on some answers you have received, I think you should be asking yourself this Question, Don't You?Regards, Jack P.,
Hey all!! I think that ekonomizta has answered as to her right or wrong ... It was only a mix-up and, as she is new, many members were wary - and rightfully so! We will all protect this forum from those seeking to do it harm but I don't believe ekonomizta falls into this catagory! If you wish to see her introductory post, it's listed as "Me, Myself, and I".
  • Like 3

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
You will ripped off. If your child's visa expired on Nov.11, 2011 Tentative computation- that was only 2,500x4(months) till March= P10,000.00 (less) x2= P20,000.00 they don't need to pay Icard hence they are not staying here in PI for 6moths.( after the Balikbayan visa expires). Are they asking you 28k each? plus 5k each? That will be 76k all. Fixers are not outside BI its inside mostly Immigration Employee Your wife can work it out, tell to her friend that you will not pay the Tourist Visa but instead she file for Recognition as Filipino Citizen of her Children.Recognition as Filipino citizen - act of acknowledging Philippine Citizenship of a person who is a citizen of a foreign country whose father or mother is a Filipino citizen at the time of his birth. CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATIONS FOR RECOGNITION AS FILIPINO CITIZEN

or form the applicant if he/she is already 18 years old and above upon filing) with attestation that iether father/mother or both

2. NSO birth Certificate of applicant if born in the Philippines or athenticated birth certificate or Report of Birth of applicant from the Philippine Embassy/Consulate official of the Philippine Foreign Service at the place of issuance or nearest to it;or authenticated birth certificate or certified true copy from their Embassies here in the Philippines with English translation if written in other foreign language, then to be properly authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Authentication Division;

4. Duly Notarized Affidavit of Citizenship to be executed by the parents(either father/mother) stating at the time of birth of applicant he/she was a Philippine citizen;

passport of the applicant and the parents;

Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate

passport five(5) photocopies)

APPLICANT/PETITIONER'S REQUIREMENTS:

2. Proof of payment of application fee- original receipts

passport size colored pictures over royal blue background;

Immigration (BI) Legal Officer

a.) Oath of Allegiance taken before any person duly authorized to administer oaths; and

said BI Legal Officer

a.) Philippine Birth Certificate

Passport

d.) Philippine Marriage Certificate; and

Philippine citizen

passport

IF WITH DEPENDENTS/S the following additional requirements must be submitted:

b) Two (2) pieces-

d) Photocopy of Foreign

Passport and

CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR PETITION FOR INCLUSION OF DEPENDENT/S

FOR PETITIONER/PRINCIPAL

2. Proof of payment of application fee-Original Receipts;

4. Photocopy of Petitioner's Certificate of Re-acquisition/Retention of Philippine Citizenship

5. Two (2)pieces-pasport size colored pictures over royal blue background

7. Photocopy of Dependent's foreign

passport

visa - for persons previously lawfully admitted into the Philippines for permanent residence, who is returning from a temporary visit abroad to an unrelinquished residence in the Philippines.13(g) Returning former Filipino citizen - for natural born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in foreign country.

If we were to apply for dual citizenship now, would we still have to pay the late fees and visitor visa costs? I would assume so.They're saying it's 28k right now, to April 20th, total for the two kids. I'm hoping my wife's friend can take care of the late fees, as it was his advice to handle it later, and he works at BI in Manila.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I'm hoping my wife's friend can take care of the late fees
He/she surely can, but the motives and legality may come into question. Keep in mind one thing that another poster said, and it seems true to me:
Fixers are not outside BI its inside mostly Immigration Employee
If I were you I would get the family on a mini vacation as soon as possible and all come back together with another legitimate year of BB privilege. There are many horror stories of people hiding out in this country because they got behind on their visa fees and could not afford to catch up so stayed on as illegal aliens. Don't delay getting those visas up to date.
  • Like 1

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)

ekimwish, please just tell your wife to go to immigration office nearest to her, talk with the immigration there, present the children's passports. Then, after settling the visa of the children maybe she needs to go to DFA and from there she could ask information on applying for a Filipino passport for her children. Remember that the immigration office and the DFA are two separate offices. Or she could even go to DFA first then Immigration. Please tell her, there is nothing to worry about it, there is no need to see a lawyer. People in these offices will be more than happy to serve and guide her.

Edited by daisy
  • Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted
You will ripped off. If your child's visa expired on Nov.11, 2011 Tentative computation- that was only 2,500x4(months) till March= P10,000.00 (less) x2= P20,000.00 they don't need to pay Icard hence they are not staying here in PI for 6moths.( after the Balikbayan visa expires). Are they asking you 28k each? plus 5k each? That will be 76k all. Fixers are not outside BI its inside mostly Immigration Employee Your wife can work it out, tell to her friend that you will not pay the Tourist Visa but instead she file for Recognition as Filipino Citizen of her Children.Recognition as Filipino citizen - act of acknowledging Philippine Citizenship of a person who is a citizen of a foreign country whose father or mother is a Filipino citizen at the time of his birth. CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATIONS FOR RECOGNITION AS FILIPINO CITIZEN

or form the applicant if he/she is already 18 years old and above upon filing) with attestation that iether father/mother or both

2. NSO birth Certificate of applicant if born in the Philippines or athenticated birth certificate or Report of Birth of applicant from the Philippine Embassy/Consulate official of the Philippine Foreign Service at the place of issuance or nearest to it;or authenticated birth certificate or certified true copy from their Embassies here in the Philippines with English translation if written in other foreign language, then to be properly authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Authentication Division;

4. Duly Notarized Affidavit of Citizenship to be executed by the parents(either father/mother) stating at the time of birth of applicant he/she was a Philippine citizen;

passport of the applicant and the parents;

Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate

passport five(5) photocopies)

APPLICANT/PETITIONER'S REQUIREMENTS:

2. Proof of payment of application fee- original receipts

Immigration (BI) Legal Officer

a.) Oath of Allegiance taken before any person duly authorized to administer oaths; and

said BI Legal Officer

a.) Philippine Birth Certificate

Passport

d.) Philippine Marriage Certificate; and

Philippine citizen

passport

IF WITH DEPENDENTS/S the following additional requirements must be submitted:

b) Two (2) pieces-

d) Photocopy of Foreign

Passport and

CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR PETITION FOR INCLUSION OF DEPENDENT/S

FOR PETITIONER/PRINCIPAL

2. Proof of payment of application fee-Original Receipts;

4. Photocopy of Petitioner's Certificate of Re-acquisition/Retention of Philippine Citizenship

5. Two (2)pieces-pasport size colored pictures over royal blue background

7. Photocopy of Dependent's foreign

passport

visa - for persons previously lawfully admitted into the Philippines for permanent residence, who is returning from a temporary visit abroad to an unrelinquished residence in the Philippines.13(g) Returning former Filipino citizen - for natural born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in foreign country.

If we were to apply for dual citizenship now, would we still have to pay the late fees and visitor visa costs? I would assume so.They're saying it's 28k right now, to April 20th, total for the two kids. I'm hoping my wife's friend can take care of the late fees, as it was his advice to handle it later, and he works at BI in Manila.
100% if you apply the Dual Citizenship or Recognition as Filipino citizen you dont need to pay the fines and penalties for overstay. filing for dual is 2,500 for recognition its 4,050. and it is a right of a former filipino citizen to be recognized as Filipino Citizen or grant a Dual Citizenship. Once granted you dont need to pay the monthly extension of your children every month for the rest of their lives, once granted they can also practice their profession in the Philippines or even acquire land and a right to vote for election.
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

seems that their are at least 2 "true" answers to this.in the manila times, the "DEAR PAO" column asnwers many types of "legal" issues or questions.Hope that this can be of use too. http://manilatimes.n...akes-3-6-monthsWhat are the requirements for Recognition as Filipino citizen? How long will the process take and how much should I prepare for the application fees?Under Form RADJR-11 of the Bureau of Immigration (BI), the applicant for Recognition as Filipino citizen must submit the following: (1) letter request from the father/mother or both parents if the applicant is below 18 years oldor from the applicant himself if he is 18 years old or above;(2) NSO Birth Certificate or authenticated birth certificate o report of birth from the Philippine Embassy/Consulate official of the Philippine Foreign Service at the place of issuance or nearest to it or an authenticated birth certificate or certified true copies from their embassies here in the Philippines, with English translation, if written in other foreign language,then properly authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Authentication Division, of the applicant;(3) NSO birth certificate of the father/mother or both parents (who at the time of birth of applicant was/were a Philippine citizen); and certificate of naturalization, if at the time of the filing of application such parent/parents was/were not Philippine citizen;(4) Duly notarized Affidavit of Citizenship to be executed by the parents (either father/mother), stating at the time of birth of the applicant, he/she was a Philippine citizen;(5) photocopy of passport of parent/s and applicant; and(6) Bureau of Immigration Clearance Certificate.In order to avoid summary or delay in the application, it is advised that all sworn statements and affidavits must be duly notarized. Likewise, documents executed outside the Philippines must be authenticated by the Philippine embassy/ consulate official of the Philippine Foreign Service at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in other foreign language. As to the documents executed within the Philippines, the same must be duly certified by the offices having official custody of the originals. It is also required to submit the originals and 4 photocopies of the required documents, except the passport which should have 5 photocopies.The processing for Recognition as Filipino citizen takes about 3 to 6 months. The filing fee for this is P4,020.00, but once approved the applicant should pay P8,530.00 as implementation fee.Please be reminded that the above legal opinion is solely based on our appreciation of the problem that you have stated. The opinion may vary when other facts are stated.

Edited by Call me Bubba

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Difference between Recognition as Filipino Citizen and Dual Citizenship under R.A.9225Under Recognition as Filipino Citizen the laws and procedures is based upon the 1987 Constitutionunder R.A.9225 its based upon the 2003 Act. Under Recognition it takes 3-6 months all the papers must be submit in 5 copies. Letter request, Affidavit, NSO/ etc. (must submit in 5 copies) Dual takes 3 months.(I admit Im losing my enthusiasm to post because of many criticism against me.) Actually I dont benefit fromt this just wanna help.Hey, wanna know if his wife is also a canadian citizen?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
(I admit I'm losing my enthusiasm to post because of many criticism against me.) Actually I don't benefit from this just wanna help.
:thumbsup: mmmmmmmmmm NOW! I thought, we had got all that Sorted.You may not benefit Directly but you are surely, making some think out here, in Forum Land. They Must be thinking, The posts keep Coming! :541:Jack P. :hystery:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I admit Im losing my enthusiasm to post because of many criticism against me.
Criticism, on this forum, is not against you personally. It is the practice of analyzing, classifying, interpreting, or evaluating the data you, or any member, provide in order to verify the authenticity of said date. It is not a personal attack. We can learn, from criticism, to better explain ourselves or to provide references to help others research said data for themselves. But please note the rules section before providing linked references. Many links are allowed, even encouraged, but some not.
  • Like 1

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

I don't mind anyone telling me I'm wrong because I learn a little more each day about the rules governing Immigration, visas and citizenship, but my take on the situation now that we know that the children's BB status expired November 2011 is this;-

• If they had made an application to extend that status in November they would/may have been granted a further 6 months.
  • If they didn't, which seems to be the case, thay automatically became tourists and their extension costs would be as follows;-
  • November to January -3030p: January to March - 7500p, because they would need an ACR card; plus they would need to pay 1000p a month in late fees = 4,000p - so a total of 14,530p each.

I have never come across this situation before but I do know that while you are changing your status to PR while applying for the 13a visa, you need to keep your tourist visas up to date and my strong GUESS would be that this would be the case while applying for the right to Filipino Citizenship.