Not Sure How This Is Gonna Turn Out

i am bob
Posted
Posted

First try plugging your Globe straight into your computer and see if it will work now. If it does, I have the solution down below. If it doesn't then it is Globe's problem and not much you can do about it as it's their routing.If you are reading this, it means that it worked when you went straight to Globe. This page will self destruct in... kidding! It sounds like you have a "double nat" happening - one on your router and one on your Globe. Most people will just say change your router so that it's just a dummy but you already said you like it for it's firewall capabilities - changing it to a dummy just makes it a lousy switch... Expensive and no firewall... Instead what you want to do is to change your Globe to a bridge and then set up PPPOE on your router. Takes 5 minutes but I suggest you record all the information presently shown before you do the change as I have not tried this on Globe before. This is so much easier on a Liinux box... hehe!

1. First enter into your Globe setup.
  2. find and record your PPPOE username and password
  3. go to Globe's Network Connection page and then select the Broadband Connection line (it may also say DSL) - you want to enter this section so look for something resembling "action" to click on.
  4. Once in, you should be on the VC or VC 1 page - on the Protocol line, change this to Bridge mode.
  5. Below this you will now see a line marked Bridge Mode - if not already showing, change to Bridge mode as well.
  6. Apply
  7. Now you want to go intside the setup for your new Router...
  8. Change your Internet Connection Type to PPPOE.
  9. Install your PPPOE Username and Password as recorded before.
  10. Connect your new router Internet port to your Globe and have fun!

Let me know if this works for you. That will be $48,619.42 Canadian of course! :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
tried the the tracert again but I couldn't really see how far it would go as my screen just shut down after a few minutes and the thing was still running ..... is there anyway to stop that from happening so I can read or copy the report ..... it was showing that it timed out on a couple of pings but was still continuing ...... I know it has to be Globe but just not sure what I can do about it ......
Many wireless DSL will not do a tracert but will only give returns such as you got... All in the name of service and better performance - or so they say... :)

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I'm back on line but after MANY long hours trying to get this resolved ...... not sure if it is fixed or not but right now it is working ...... time will tell .... ended up resetting both routers and reconfiguring them ..... the Linksys 1200 not much of a problem but the Prolink H5200 was a PITA ...... a big PITA ...... a lot of good info was posted here by the members and I want to thank all of you for your input ...... if it happens again it is back to PLDT I go ..... but in all fairness to Globe I have had them for almost 2 years now and this is the first time I have had this problem so it must be an enhancement (as they like to call it ..... :cheersty: ) that started all this crap ..... thanks again guys :tiphat:If anyone is interested in how I finally got this thing resolved here is what I found finally on the web and the way I had the the Prolink set up before I did the reset to default factory settings ...... who knows ...... :cheersty:1. Place the modem to bridge mode. * Connect your modem to the computer thru the Ethernet (CAT5) cable. * Fire up your browser and go to http://192.168.1.1/globe * Go to WAN Configuration under Internet Interface. o You will be asked for a username and password. Use this: Username: Admin Password: 3UJUh2VemEfUtesEchEC2d2e * At the bottom of the page is the list of existing configurations. Delete them all by clicking the trash configuration icon. * On the same page, create a configuration. Fill in the VPI, VCI and Channel Mode settings with the following: VPI: 0, VCI:35, Channel Mode: 1483 Bridged * Disable DHCP Server. Under LAN Interface, go to DHCP Settings. Choose None and click Apply Changes. unnecessary according to motion55 of PinoyDSL * Disable routing. Go to Routing under Advance. Choose None in Default Gateway and click Apply Changes. unnecessary according to motion55 of PinoyDSL * Restart your MODEM. Under Admin, go to Save and Reboot. Click Commit and Reboot. 2. Disconnect the modem to your PC. Connect your PC thru Ethernet (CAT5) cable to your wireless router. Use any port in the wireless router EXCEPT the Internet port. 3. Configure your router. * Fire up your browser and go to http://192.168.1.1/. The username is blank and the password could be one of the following: admin, password, pass. * The default page is the basic setup page. * Find the local IP address field. Change it to 192.168.1.2 to avoid conflict with your modem’s I.P. address. * After the changes are committed, you need to go to 192.168.1.2 and login again. * Still under basic setup, change Automatic Configuration DHCP to PPPoE. Automatic Configuration - DHCP to PPPoE * Enter your Globe Broadband username and password. 4. Connect, connect and connect. Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the wireless router’s INTERNET port. 5. Do a hard reset of your modem and wireless router by depriving them power (unplugging) for at least 10 seconds. Power them up and enjoy!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
Well I'm back on line but after MANY long hours trying to get this resolved ...... not sure if it is fixed or not but right now it is working ...... time will tell .... ended up resetting both routers and reconfiguring them ..... the Linksys 1200 not much of a problem but the Prolink H5200 was a PITA ...... a big PITA ...... a lot of good info was posted here by the members and I want to thank all of you for your input ...... if it happens again it is back to PLDT I go ..... but in all fairness to Globe I have had them for almost 2 years now and this is the first time I have had this problem so it must be an enhancement (as they like to call it ..... :cheersty: ) that started all this crap ..... thanks again guys :tiphat:If anyone is interested in how I finally got this thing resolved here is what I found finally on the web and the way I had the the Prolink set up before I did the reset to default factory settings ...... who knows ...... :cheersty:1. Place the modem to bridge mode. * Connect your modem to the computer thru the Ethernet (CAT5) cable. * Fire up your browser and go to http://192.168.1.1/globe * Go to WAN Configuration under Internet Interface. o You will be asked for a username and password. Use this: Username: Admin Password: 3UJUh2VemEfUtesEchEC2d2e * At the bottom of the page is the list of existing configurations. Delete them all by clicking the trash configuration icon. * On the same page, create a configuration. Fill in the VPI, VCI and Channel Mode settings with the following: VPI: 0, VCI:35, Channel Mode: 1483 Bridged * Disable DHCP Server. Under LAN Interface, go to DHCP Settings. Choose None and click Apply Changes. unnecessary according to motion55 of PinoyDSL * Disable routing. Go to Routing under Advance. Choose None in Default Gateway and click Apply Changes. unnecessary according to motion55 of PinoyDSL * Restart your MODEM. Under Admin, go to Save and Reboot. Click Commit and Reboot. 2. Disconnect the modem to your PC. Connect your PC thru Ethernet (CAT5) cable to your wireless router. Use any port in the wireless router EXCEPT the Internet port. 3. Configure your router. * Fire up your browser and go to http://192.168.1.1/. The username is blank and the password could be one of the following: admin, password, pass. * The default page is the basic setup page. * Find the local IP address field. Change it to 192.168.1.2 to avoid conflict with your modem’s I.P. address. * After the changes are committed, you need to go to 192.168.1.2 and login again. * Still under basic setup, change Automatic Configuration DHCP to PPPoE. Automatic Configuration - DHCP to PPPoE * Enter your Globe Broadband username and password. 4. Connect, connect and connect. Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the wireless router’s INTERNET port. 5. Do a hard reset of your modem and wireless router by depriving them power (unplugging) for at least 10 seconds. Power them up and enjoy!
Wow, that was a pain ITA! Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of modems and routers??Or could it be a Global PITA.....he, he.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of modems and routers??
I know ... I know .... :tiphat: and the worst part is I had to do it 3-4 times ..... where he said " unnecessary according to motion55 of PinoyDSL" ...... wrong ... iboth steps ARE requiredWhere he said "Restart your MODEM. Under Admin, go to Save and Reboot. Click Commit and Reboot." .... you do not restart your modem first it does that in the Commit and Reboot" ........And lastly you need to wait at least 2 mins. when you do a hard restart ...... trust me on this one ...... :mocking: ..... in each one of these screw ups I did you have to set the Globe router back to factory specks and start all over again as you can't access the http://192.168.1.1/. in the Globe router as it disables that function ..... I still can't type that in and make the Globe router settings .... even with connecting the Globe router directly to my computer ..... strange ..... I can access the Linksys router but not the Globe and I did change the IP address to my Linksys router but not to the one he has ..... I used a different one ..... as long as you change the 3rd box it is all good .....Now if I was a drinking man I would say I'll just sit back and have a cold one or three and see what happens ..... but just to be safe I think I will shut both routers off at night before sacking out .... unless someone thinks that is not a good idea ..... :cheersty: Edited by Mike S

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Mike, glad it seems to be working. Could you post the link to this article? Thanks.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Now if I was a drinking man I would say I'll just sit back and have a cold one or three and see what happens ..... but just to be safe I think I will shut both routers off at night before sacking out .... unless someone thinks that is not a good idea .....
Me thinks,leave them on if they are working, you turn the power off then its another hard refresh but maybe trial and error.
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Mike, glad it seems to be working. Could you post the link to this article? Thanks.
Mike I wish I could remember it came of a Pinoy wesite I found several years ago and I just copied it to Wordperfect to save it but like a dummy I didn't save the URL ......Any way I'm typing this on my Tablet with Globe WiFi as my desktop went totally f*cked ..... gonna try the 8888 DNS tomorrow as I'm to p*ssed to attempt to work on it now ...... it worked for bout 2-3 hours and then it got worst than it was before ..... nothing wants to open from my home page to all kinds of webpages timing out ..... HOLY SHEEP SH*T ......

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike!Did you try your modem straight into your pc and see what happens? Leave it running like that for a couple hours and see if it starts doing the same thing again... What you did should have worked unless it is Globe being the problem...

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, especially after going through all that. The problem is intermittent so you think it's fixed when it's really not. The 8s didn't work for me and I also tried the Open DNS servers, same. The only thing that consistently works for me is using VPN, I connect directly to their Dallas server. It's a little slower but not really noticeable and I can connect to all sites. Definitely a Globe problem, imo.

• Like 2