Not Sure How This Is Gonna Turn Out

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Ah Ha ...... just when you thought I was going away ..... sorry to disappoint you BUT ....... as I told you I'm willing to try anything SOOOOOOO ..... I changed my DNS on my computer and Linksys router to 8888 & 8844 ..... and I found on the Google search where some guy used a cross-over cable to hook his router to his modem ..... well I figured what the heck .... nothing else has worked .... now I have no idea why this would work but as I said worth a try ..... anyway .... my "can not connect to the website" has gone away but now I have MlikeB's problem of the web dropping out ..... not for long though as I can refresh the website and it will normally come back in about 30 sec. ......And now the good news ...... sorry MikeB ...... PLDT is offering 1.5M + landline + 20 channel TV for .... taaaaaaa daaaaaaa .... 999p per month ..... so guess where I'm headed this afternoon ..... I know they have telemarketers that will come to your house but I don't know how to contact them and sitting in the PLDT office is pure hell as the only one I know of is on Jones Ave. .............. wish me luck ..... :hystery:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

One of the problems I'm having is the VPN connection dropping, not losing the web connection and that's a recent issue. I had PLDT for several months in Cebu City and it was problem free. If the 20 channel TV they're offering is WatchPad, imo it's not worth bothering with. I would go with PLDT in a heartbeat if I had the option. I'll PM you the name of the sales rep on Jones who took my order, she was helpful.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well the big fat kano made another huge mistake ..... I called PLDT to get a person to come to the house and sign me up and told her I wanted the 999p plan .... she asked who my landline was through and I said Globe ..... she said sorry sir the price is 1650p per month .... I told her but you are advertizing for 999p plus free hook-up and router ..... she said yes sir but only if you have a PLDT landline ..... well I was not loud or nasty but told her that was not what their add says ..... anyway to make a long story short I read read the add ..... see below ..... god ... do I feel like a dumb-a*s ..... anyway when she comes to sign the papers I WILL APOLOGIZEread the very last sentence in the tiny tiny words at the very bottom ..... duh .....post-11-0-94176700-1332132612_thumb.jpeg

Mike S
Posted
Posted

As my Globe WiFi is now down and has been sense last night and this connection is very iffy I thought I would just post this link here for those that might be interested ..... as it has to do with PLDT Modem/router and router issues (see I'm already getting set for new problems ..... :hystery: ) you might find some of this stuff useful ......http://forum.pinoypc.net/index.php?topic=52283.0As the old song goes ..... "leaving on a jet plane ... don't know when I'll be back again" ...... just no jet plane .... just a sorry DSL provider ..... :hystery: .... by the way when I told our landlord about us switching to PLDT as Globe was giving me a fit he said he didn't blame me as his system is down more than it is up ....... see ya

Jake
Posted
Posted
As my Globe WiFi is now down and has been sense last night and this connection is very iffy I thought I would just post this link here for those that might be interested ..... as it has to do with PLDT Modem/router and router issues (see I'm already getting set for new problems ..... :hystery: ) you might find some of this stuff useful ......http://forum.pinoypc...p?topic=52283.0As the old song goes ..... "leaving on a jet plane ... don't know when I'll be back again" ...... just no jet plane .... just a sorry DSL provider ..... :hystery: .... by the way when I told our landlord about us switching to PLDT as Globe was giving me a fit he said he didn't blame me as his system is down more than it is up ....... see ya
Good luck with PLDT land line installation! Hopefully you don't have to wait until hell freezes over. If you become impatient,may I suggest donating to a PLDT field tech to expedite the installation. And then strictly supervise the physical installationof your land line. Perhaps you can have the field tech show you where the major trunk line going into your neighborhood islocated and see how it's protected from outside elements. You can read many horror stories about poor or no connections(voice and DSL) because the actual line(s) was tapped or even stolen! Don't forget about the DSL filters and most important,please develop a friendly rapport with the field tech of choice (the first one may be incompetent) by donating some cold SanMagoo to keep him honest.....he, he.
  • Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted
As my Globe WiFi is now down and has been sense last night and this connection is very iffy I thought I would just post this link here for those that might be interested ..... as it has to do with PLDT Modem/router and router issues (see I'm already getting set for new problems ..... ) you might find some of this stuff usefulhttp://forum.pinoypc...p?topic=52283.0
This doesn't sound like a PLDT issue, the problem occurs when he puts his own router into the mix, it works fine when his computer is connected direstly to the dsl modem. PLDT's responsibility stops at their modem, as the 1st reply says, ""Anyway, some PLDT field techs may help you configure a router at the time of your DSL installation. They advise what parameters to set, which you will configure. But they are not responsible for any configuration issues that you'll encounter in the future with the router. Their demarcation point is the agreed CPE. In this case, the PLDT DSL modem". CPE=Customer Premises Equipment. He decided it's a DNS problem and started changing DNS servers but I don't see where he's clearing the local DNS cache every time he's making these changes; if not, that will definitely screw up his troubleshooting. Dollars to doughnuts the problem is related to his router configuration.
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WOW some very good info guys ... thanks a lot ....Yes Jake I already made up my mind like I did to the service tech that worked on my new printer ... a few hundred pesos works miraculously .... and I don't feel like is is a bribe as I am paying for a future service ......MikeB ...... I mostly saved that info as they do tell him about a lot of things to check and how to do it and as I said I am totally network illiterate but I am trying to learnThe information that ALL you guys have supplied me with here has helped and although it appears to be a Globe problem you have taught me how to trouble shoot my network ...... when I get back home I will fire up the desktop again and see what is going on ..... last night before I went to bed everything was working for over 4 hours ...... hooray .... first time in a week but I don't expect it to last ......

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm ........ could this be my problem ...... or at least part of it :bash:http://www.pinoydsl.net/threads/google-servers-are-blocking-globe-dsl-subscribers.27427/

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Once again Mike, it seems like you have found the issue while we are all looking at technical aspects... I gotta remember that KISS principle next time... Keeping It Simple Stupid! :unsure:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just couldn't figure out why when I used my Google home page or attempted to access my Google mail or Chrome I kept getting the "time out message" ..... I wish I had found that source earlier .... would have saved me a heap of trouble ..... but then it was other sites as well but as I used Google as my home page maybe it was all tied in and of course when I used Chrome or sometimes my Yahoo home page ..... I don't know ...... seems Globe is aware of the problem ...... now lets see if they will do anything about it ...... but as I said I don't want to jinx myself ...... and it seems to only be here in the Cebu area ..... interestingI suppose the only way I can get a new IP address is to call Globe and request one ..... I am still using my 8888 DNS on both my Win7 and Linksys router ..... not sure if that is helping or not (not gonna say .... :omg: ) ....... and why would the IP's given by Globe conflict with Google ???????????? ...... I'll let you guys know in a couple more days how it is going ..... I spoke way to soon before and jinxed myself ....... :thumbsup: :mocking: :nudie: ...... if nothing else this crap has kept me off the streets anyway ..... :tiphat:

Edited by Mike S