Blood Pressure

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Three weeks ago I went to the local Barangay hall for a blood pressure check up, My reading was 120/90. At this time I had not had an alcoholic drink for 4 days.I did not like the second reading of 90 but was told "it is normal" Anyway I decided to try some herbal tablets advertised on the radio and have now taken 20 (1 per day) and still have not had any alcohol. Today I went back to get another reading and it was 110/60. I don`t know if it was no alcohol or the tablets which did this but I am happy with the result as back in the UK I did suffer with BP on the high side. I have suffered no side effects from the herbal tablets (KOI brand) except maybe I pass water a little more often. So anyone with high blood pressure may want to try one of those two things maybe it will help you as well.

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Anyway I decided to try some herbal tablets advertised on the radio and have now taken 20 (1 per day) and still have not had any alcohol.
what herbal tablet would that be. i too suffered from HB pressure but mine is controlled by strong medication.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Without asking who sells them, I would like to know the name of the herbal remedy so I can Google it. Can you post the generic or brand name of the herbal remedy?My BP is anywhere from 120/80 to 140/90 depending on the day but the normal prescription gives me an allergic reaction so I don't take them.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You can also control blood pressure with diet ..... a low carb diet will work wonders ..... as we get older our blood pressure does tend to increase ...... for years my BP was always 120/90 but I am over weight and require a large blood pressure cuff when having it taken ...... that will also make a difference as I've been told by doctors ..... anyway it is now below /90 so I am quite pleased .....

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm on 50mg Metoprolol 2x a day. When I take it, my BP averages 130/88. If I miss a few days, it hits 170/108. And yes, I'm a little on the large side (270 lbs).

Edited by Steve & Myrlita

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I buy them at the pharmacy in Fooda mango and they are called Koi as I said in my first post. I did google them before I took them and could find no bad comments about them but you should try as well.Kevin

I have suffered no side effects from the herbal tablets (KOI brand) except maybe I pass water a little more often. So anyone with high blood pressure may want to try one of those two things maybe it will help you as well.

• 5 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Update

I have not taken any KOI Herbal tablets since March 22nd.

My diet is low salt and high in fibre. I eat fresh fruit and veg nearly every day.

I still had no alcohol when I was checked again last Thursday.

My blood pressure has gone up from 111/60 to 130/70 so I think the KOI herbal tablets worked for me as nothing else has changed in my lifestyle.Actually something has changed I do more exercise now.I think you could buy these at most pharmacies I got them at the one in Fooda on mango about 12 pesos each

Kevin

• Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted
as nothing else has changed in my lifestyle.Actually something has changed I do more exercise now.I think you could buy these at most pharmacies I got them at the one in Fooda on mango about 12 pesos each

Something else has changed..............You met me! That's enough to send anyones blood pressure through the roof.

And didn't i tell ya all that exercise is no good for the system! :gday:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Something else has changed..............You met me! That's enough to send anyones blood pressure through the roof. And didn't i tell ya all that exercise is no good for the system!
I thought were going to be a calming influence. As you are a gentleman farmer and are older than me.Ha ha
  • Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
I thought were going to be a calming influence. As you are a gentleman farmer and are older than me.Ha ha

That's why you gotta listen to "Kuya Bundy" and stay away from that leotard and sweaty singlet brigade, no telling what all that extra adrenaline is gonna do to you.You see i'm only looking out for you :attention:

• Like 2