Hey You! , What You Doing Here?

volstateguy
Posted
Posted
I was thrown out of Cambodia and Thailand...So I came to the Philippines. :)
Is your real name Paul?
:whistling: I was thinking the same thing :36_6_3[1]:
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Cough cough, ,,,, burp,,, back to topic :whistling:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

When my father received orders back to the Philippines, I was only 14 when all the sights, sound and smellof Olongapo violated all my virgin senses. That was during the mid 60's at the start of Vietnam war. Fast forward to the early 70's during my young and foolish days as a sailor, my senses were more refinedbeing exposed to more exotic sensory overloads. As Old55 mentioned, it was scuba diving of the third kindthat put me to the edge of the universe. It was a place called the land of brown sugar......he, he.Hey, how come my face mask is always fogging up -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

A lot of things all added up really. I've always been a bit of anoutsider. I had friends as a kid but was never really attached to anyone or anything. (bad family life/family illnesses etc) The only job I ever wanted was to be a cop. After taking criminal justice for 4 years of high school and riding with a lot of cops I realized it was not the job for me. Then after I graduated from seminary and knew I was no longer much of a Christian I really didn't know what to do. All I've wanted to do is retire....Joined the Navy once the baby was born and I realized you can't raise a family well as a fry cook. Four WestPacs later there was no choice. Got divorced after the Navy and didn't like any of the spoiled Princesses here in the US. Been a single dad for 15 years, both kids now grown.Time for me finally. I'm 48 and hope to be in the the PI's full time by early 2013. I have all credit debt paid off, and even though I have not listed my house yet I have 2 people interested in it.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well like a lot of young guys during my early years I never thought anything about my future .... took jobs like running heavy equipment and construction because they paid better but had no retirement or benefits ..... even became a licensed plumber in 3 different states ..... finally went to work in a hospital and from that to working for a hospital management company .... spent 17 years in that field .... along the way I managed to to raise 2 kids and 3 wives .... each divorce was rather expensive and I used to joke .... if you want me to buy you a house ... marry me ..... we anyway to make a 67 year story short .... I sold all my stock to buy the last house and yup gave it away and went to work for a large packaging plant .... here with no visible means of retirement I enrolled in a 401k but they offered no other retirement .... I started thinking (kinda late) about what I was gonna do when I retired .... as I speak some Spanish I thought maybe Mexico .... or the Philippines and then I went through my Thailand phase ..... and then back to the Philippines ..... I knew a guy who married a Pilipina years before and remember how he told me about her being so much nicer and better at a lot of other things that American women (I had to take his word for it as I really didn't know ..... :whistling: ) and as his wife and mine were both nurses we got to know them pretty well (I'm the god -father to their daughter) .... she was always kind of quite and sweet and took care of him like he was a king ..... and I thought ... yup these are my kinda women .....Another aspect of the relocating here was of course the cost of living ..... now I know your gonna hear from some people how much cheaper it is to live in the US as apposed to living in the Philippines and that is fine .... you can always talk yourself into anything if you try hard enough ..... for me there is no way I could live in the US as cheaply as I do here with the amount of money I have to spend .... we are not poor but we aren't rich either ..... and we don't lack for the basics and a few goodies ..... :36_6_3[1]: ..... I have never regretted my move here for one nano-second nor marring my wonderful asawa ..... my only regret is that I wasn't able to do it 30 years ago ...... and you now know more about me than people that I have know for years ...... and I am now gonna quite blubbering before you learn more ..... :) :mocking: :mocking:

• Like 5

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

I wanted to go on adventure and thought Borneo would be great because I don,t know anyone who has ever been there . I booked the cheapest flight to Asia just happened to be Cebu that day . The day I left a good friend I had not heard from for years got a hold of me by chance and told me I was crazy not to stay in Cebu for a few days and check out argao .still have not made it to Borneo but I will one day . I love the RP and all its problems . If it was all fixed tomorrow I would leave .

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
Well like a lot of young guys during my early years I never thought anything about my future .... took jobs like running heavy equipment and construction because they paid better but had no retirement or benefits ..... even became a licensed plumber in 3 different states ..... finally went to work in a hospital and from that to working for a hospital management company .... spent 17 years in that field .... along the way I managed to to raise 2 kids and 3 wives .... each divorce was rather expensive and I used to joke .... if you want me to buy you a house ... marry me ..... we anyway to make a 67 year story short .... I sold all my stock to buy the last house and yup gave it away and went to work for a large packaging plant .... here with no visible means of retirement I enrolled in a 401k but they offered no other retirement .... I started thinking (kinda late) about what I was gonna do when I retired .... as I speak some Spanish I thought maybe Mexico .... or the Philippines and then I went through my Thailand phase ..... and then back to the Philippines ..... I knew a guy who married a Pilipina years before and remember how he told me about her being so much nicer and better at a lot of other things that American women (I had to take his word for it as I really didn't know ..... :AddEmoticons04230: ) and as his wife and mine were both nurses we got to know them pretty well (I'm the god -father to their daughter) .... she was always kind of quite and sweet and took care of him like he was a king ..... and I thought ... yup these are my kinda women .....Another aspect of the relocating here was of course the cost of living ..... now I know your gonna hear from some people how much cheaper it is to live in the US as apposed to living in the Philippines and that is fine .... you can always talk yourself into anything if you try hard enough ..... for me there is no way I could live in the US as cheaply as I do here with the amount of money I have to spend .... we are not poor but we aren't rich either ..... and we don't lack for the basics and a few goodies ..... :hystery: ..... I have never regretted my move here for one nano-second nor marring my wonderful asawa ..... my only regret is that I wasn't able to do it 30 years ago ...... and you now know more about me than people that I have know for years ...... and I am now gonna quite blubbering before you learn more ..... :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:
Wow Mike S, that's really deep. To reveal the personal side of you in an open forum....wait a minute, I needto get a sanitary napkin to wipe my tears away.......Just like a good Marine, you managed to adapt, improvise and overcome all the life's trial and tribulation. Bravo Zulu my friend -- Jake

P.S.
Posted
Posted

I meet my girl in Japan.Normal Pub when I was out for a beer after work.Has no idea about the RP at that time.After the Project we had to make a decision where we put our base.She show me her hometown and I fall in love with that place.We are only 4 month a year at home, but I call it home from the buttom of my heart.

• Like 4

Curley
Posted
Posted

What am I doing here? I keep asking myself that, I should be in the Philippines instead :lol:Soon, soon.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

There seems to be a lot of situations where philippines was an alternative following a break up. I'm no different. I needed a change following a break up with my girlfriend of 2 years, so i visited a friend who retired and shipped off to Olongapo. I stayed at his place for 2 weeks and I envied his life style with a decent house, helper and new beautiful filipina wife, and I wanted the same...In summary, it all comes down to the economics and the women.