Hey You! , What You Doing Here?

P.S.
Posted
Posted
In summary, it all comes down to the economics and the women.
Only to make my point clear.Of course I love my lady.But the reason why we choose Cebu are the People here.Also the Isle it self.My lady is no follow up or something like this and we don't live the "golden rule".I want to make it clear for my person.
  • Like 3

Dzighnman
Posted
Posted

I am in Cebu after meeting my now wife while I was working a contract with Lexmark on Mactan island. When we completed the first part of our project, we hosted a dinner and night out for our Filipino engineers and she was a "tag along" friend of one of the engineers. We hit it off, had great chemistry and basically started dating that night... I was based in SE Asia and traveled extensively throughout the region... after a short time, I invited her to accompany me as the best way for us to get to know one another and thought she hated flying, she was a trooper and in the next couple years, she loggged over 100,000 miles. She still hates flying. We decided to get married in Cebu, and she and her son arrived into the USA at the end of one of my SE Asia contracts. We did the USA thing for a few years, she was not as happy as she had thought she would be and I was missing Asia.. .so we relocated to Carcar in 2010 and are working towards being back there full time in a couple months time. Life has never been better for me, she is as happy as ever, her son is now our son, both are US Citizens and they have more options later in life. When we arrive back into Carcar we are starting construction of our home and new resto location so plenty to keep myself occupied with for a long time to come. :)

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Though I'm not there yet, this is what has played out in life so that I so want to be there!!!As I've mentioned numerous times, I am retired from the military here in Canada... Lived my life of adventure and met a lot of great people - not to mention being around the world a few times... And after I retired at the young age of 36, my life started to go down hill... Started a business that was a great success but things weren't going well in my marriage. When my marriage ended, so did any money I had. Not that I was at fault... I have a daughter who has a lot of medical issues (wheelchair, special education program, etc) and twin boys (might as well have had 4 or 5 boys for what twins will cost you!) so I gave my ex everything we had along with the business and moved 1200 kilometers (800 miles) back to my hometown of NIagara Falls. If anyone has ever spent any time there you will notice that it has strictly tourism for employment. And owning a business will cost a small fortune. So now here I am broke and no chance of a decent income. Sure I found a few things but they don't last. Worked a couple call centers (both had lousy management above me that I could not put up with -even though I was management myself), managed a couple small stores (same problem - either they close because of inept senior management in the chain or they get rid of you so they can hire somebody else for less rather than give you a cost of living pay raise) and I even drove taxi (lost a tooth when I was hit in the face with a bottle when somebody decided to try and rob me)... As you can see, things aren't really going great here.I have come to realize that the last time I was truly happy was when I was somewhere warm... Oh how I hate being cold all winter long!!! I thought long and hard and decided to find someplace that I could afford to live off my pension and be warm... Costa Rica was my first choice - till I went for a visit again and found out that 1) it's harder to move there now; 2) the government is making restrictions now on where and who can buy certain lands; and 3) the people who have moved there - the ex-pats - that I have met are all turning out to be snobs or wanted by the law in their home countries. Next was Belize but I was starting to find the same things there... I had a 4 year relationship with a young lady who was from Taiwan and thought that maybe I would move there to see if things would work out again... but then I realized that, if one of us had the relationship the way we wanted it, the other would not be happy... So I decided to go somewhere by myself... And while I had first been looking at Taiwan, I kept getting these dating sites for Taiwan and China and the Philippines and a few other places coming across my computer... Darn spam! One night after a few beers I decided to check one of these dating sites out - just to see what it was all about... Are all the women there any different than I have met so far in life? Isn't there anyone who I could be happy with? I googled to see if I could find a free dating site and one in the Philippines - actually in Cebu - came up... A Christian penpal site it was calling itself... Well, I started looking at the girls though none really interested me that night... But I was looking at their information listed and then googling their locations... Checking this place out... How could I ever have missed the Philippines in my search for a great place to live? Started pulling up photos and maps and information on all the towns and cities!!! Wow!!! I fell in love with these islands that night! And spent the next few weeks (months?) learning all I could!!! Now in my military days I had been all around this area but never to the Philippines... And what was missing for me from all the places I had been to before I was finding here!!! But could I afford to move here? I still have my pension to fall back on though it's not really much. More than the amount people are saying is the minimum you should have to live on yet I'm not in the neighbourhood of senior government officials in Manila... Hehe! So, yeah! Get rid of all the debts I have now and I will be able to live very well!!!Now you're probably wondering... Did I ever try to meet any of the girls on that dating site? Yup! I had about 10 girls I was talking to that seemed to be very interesting and beautiful and wondering if one of them might be the one for me... There was one other who I found who was really more beautiful than all the rest... More inteligent than the rest... More everything than all the rest! If only she was a little older? I decided that I would be penpals only with this one... Now I am faced with 10 women who I had to decide if one - if any - would be worth pursuing in life... But none could compare to the one who was too young... Simple enough... Try another 10 or so... Same thing... Try another 10? Forget it! By this time my too young penpal had turned into a good friendship... then a great friendship... And then we both discovered that we had feelings for each other... Deep feelings... True feelings... She may be too young for me in Canada but what the hey! This is the Philippines, right? So I'm just one more Kano who will be looked upon as preying on the young girls... If they only knew the truth!So this is the story of why - in a few more short months - I will be heading to the Philippines for the rest of my life... I could have said for the warmth, because I can live on my pension and because I found the greatest woman on earth... But would that really explain why?

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Wow Mike S, that's really deep. To reveal the personal side of you in an open forum....wait a minute, I need to get a sanitary napkin to wipe my tears away.......
:) :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: no problem there for me Jake .... only one regular poster here knows what I look like and 2 others who visit occasionally ...... and nobody here knows where I live (except to say in Cebu) .... so I am relatively safe from the paparazzi ...... or the groupies ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Excerpt from a book that is taking me a very long time to write
Excellent presentation! When do you think the book will be ready for publication?

yosho
Posted
Posted

Reading through this thread, I can't help but think that, young or old, from wherever we might be, it seems the thing that brings us all to the Phils - or keeps us here, at least - is the women! I'm not really sure what to think of that! It might have been something I would have looked down on previously, equating it with exploitation or something, except that I find myself in the same situation, so doing so would be extremely hypocritical! :)For me, I had graduated with my B.Sc. and was looking for work, but this was 2009 and the economy was still terrible, so I couldn't find anything for nearly six months, during which time I simply entertained myself with video games and wondered what my life had become. Then one day I got an email through my inbox from one of the mailing lists I subscribe to for work-related topics saying they needed someone ASAP for an NGO position in the Philippines. I had barely ever heard of the Philippines before - and I was from multicultural Vancouver! - but decided to give it a go. A month later I was on the ground in San Fernando, LU, alongside this other crazy young expat from Harvard and we were interning in the City government's Environment office for six months! It was an absolutely amazing time, but I figured that, once it was done, I would just travel Asia for a bit and head back home. While I had certainly noticed the beautiful girls all around me, our contracts with the Canadian government expressly prohibited us from having anything to do with the sex industry (even though our local colleagues tried many times to get us to go!), plus me and the other guy were sharing a 1 bedroom apartment (our beds were literally 2 feet apart), so I didn't bother attempting to think too much about romance or sex with any of these beauties. But then, right as our 6 month contract was coming to an end, I was walking down the street one day, and my future girlfriend called out to me (having seen me around before) and we chatted a bit, exchanged numbers, and, before I knew it, I had wrangled myself a date, which conveniently happened just as my male friend had left for a week to Manila for a conference! Hehe :thumbsup:After that, though, I still had to leave, as I had booked all my plans already for travelling Asia! It was total heart-break to leave my new love behind, so that gave me ample reason to return 5 months later after the trip was done. I then found myself another job in Manila and we lived amazingly happily together for 6 months. Unfortunately, again, I had to leave, this time to be where I am now, doing a Masters degree, so that I can hopefully go back again in May and find an actual paid job to support us. Leaving her again, though, was even worse than the first time, and it's been utter agony to be away from her for nearly a year. :(Don't get me wrong, I love the country too - It's relatively easy to travel/live in, I love the food, the scenery, the 'pakikisama' (congeniality) of the people, and can speak Tagalog pretty well, but, let's face it, I wouldn't be doing any of it if it weren't for the fact that my girlfriend (soon to be wife I hope!) has been the most amazing partner compared with anything I experienced in North America. The kind of unconditional love she's showed me simply doesn't exist in North American women, so I can see why we all have the same story in the end!! :)Cheers,J

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

J;"The kind of unconditional love she's showed me simply doesn't exist in North American women, so I can see why we all have the same story in the end!! :mocking:"So true, very well said!

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:mocking: Home is where the Heart is! The PI is where my Girls are, That's my honest and easy Answer.The Rest is called Life.Jack P. :cheers:

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Excerpt from a book that is taking me a very long time to write
Excellent presentation! When do you think the book will be ready for publication?
At the current rate of progress, I may have to wait until I stop working full time.Regards: Jim