Finally, On My Way...any Last Words Of Wisdom? Advice.

OBA
Posted
Posted
If you are single and want to stay that way go someplace else.... I'm just sayin. :whistling:Learn to slow down and go with the flow and enjoy!
Thats funny, but believe me, i am single, and i completely overstand.......

OBA
Posted
Posted
If you are going to be leaving from DFW don't forget to take me with you! I can fit in a suitcase!
Meet ya wensday, 10am in the parking lot, smiling...

OBA
Posted
Posted
congrats! if you have any questions or need any help do not hesitateto contact me. hope all goes well for you. cheers!
That is a very nice thing for you to say. The nicest words i have heard since i have been a memeber here, thanks!

OBA
Posted
Posted
Growing coconuts and rice to provide local jobs and help the hungary? It is so inspiring to hear that. So many ex-retirees should take note of this. You will still have that deep sense of purpose that is so important in all phases of our lives. It must be nice when money is no longer a problem for you. The freedom... wow, thanks for sharing that!
Thank you for your words, and i agree, it is good to be on purpose, peace!

OBA
Posted
Posted
If you are going to be in Laguna, make sure you take the time to check Tagaytay. It's a beautiful area, high above the smog on the Taal volcano, nice and cool, just might change your plans on where to settle.Doug
I checked the map, i can see the area you speak of, i will certainly check it out, thanks for the advice, be at peace.

OBA
Posted
Posted
Just have to say what should be obvious to anyone moving to a differant country. You are a guest here and leave many rights" behind when you leave your home country. Things that you have a right to get pissed about in your own country you have to learn to just smile and tolerate here. Filipinoes are a sensitive and good natured people and try to be a good ambasador of the USA. From your plans sounds like that won't be a concern.It has always seemed to me that their land here is underutilized for agriculture. It seems like they could produce more given the tropical climate, good soil and ample rainfall. Although I am certainly ne expert on that. An energetic ambitious farmer guy from USA is what they need more of here maybe, given the growing ovepopulation, hope you are successfull with your plans. You plan on leaseing land because you can't own in philippines as u know.
I overstand your words. I have found that a smile, laughter and love have no borders, we are all connected by these. I have an associate who will come also in may, we will pull together to do good. we both retired recently, arent seeking profits, simply two single men on purpose.if we are able to employ one young man, or feed one hungry woman, then our plan will have suceeded. we have lands that we will view for leasing when we arrive, thanks for the great advice.

• 6 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

OBA its been awhile. care to share or update us on how things have been so far? your success?

issues that was a pain in the #@(* and how you solved them?