The Family! (Hers Of Course)

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Gee... By all the other posts I have read, are you sure you were in the Philippines with a Filipino family? :mocking:

Sorry guys! I couldn't resist! So much of what we have read on here is on warnings about how bad families are and how they are going to take you for everything you have... Yet only a few have experienced these attempts. Most families are like families we will find in the rest of the world - friendly, cautious at first maybe but more interested in their daughter's happiness and marrying the little princess off! hehe!

:tiphat:

Yeah, none of the questions from family were about money or my finances or asking for things. They were all about my background, my family, my personal history with women and my intentions with their daughter/niece/etc. They were looking out for her best interests.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Jack P,

I can see that one of your industrious workers has already pissed on Jake's Wall. Please be so kind

to reserved it for final house blessings performed by Jake the Snake.....he, he.

It would seem like you're right at the edge of a jungle or a massive plantation of coconut trees. Your

back, side and front yard will showcase awesome greenery -- a garden of Eden. Well done, my friend!

By the way, another friendly advice about one of those hanging trees. Please don't touch my Forbidden

Nuts, OK?

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Please don't touch my Forbidden Nuts, OK?

Jake! I will take all the precautions I can. Even saving some CHB's for your own little Wall. :dance:

Methinks! you are getting Spoiled here. :mocking:

:tiphat:

post-2148-0-54506800-1350261348_thumb.jp

post-2148-0-11788200-1350261371_thumb.jp

post-2148-0-43483500-1350261433_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Wait till Mrs. Jake sees that picture of Jake in the garden with "that woman" ..... she (Mrs. Jake) has dark hair and not so chubby ....... off to the dog house again Mr. Jake and you get no apple or McGoo ..... just water and dog biscuits ..... :hystery:

Jack ... those are some really great pictures you uploaded of your house build .... please keep us informed as you progress ..... I for one am very interested in your place ..... but I'm afraid if I ever get to build anything it will have to be a tad bit smaller ..... :mocking: ...... :cheersty:

• Like 4

Will
Posted
Posted

I'm an old stick/box framing carpenter by trade (my Dad taught me) and watching this concrete block house going up really fascinates me. Its been 20 some odd years since I've swung a hammer but I used to love doing it. My wife can't believe that I ever did any hard labor and she doesn't like me saying so to certain people :no: (but I'm proud of where I came from).

I've only met my in-laws by Skype, but they seem like good people and I am eager and excited to meet them in person.

Thanks for posting these pictures, Jack. Keep them coming. :cheers:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Thanks for posting these pictures, Jack. Keep them coming.

:) Hopefully Week by week, if all goes to plan! Thank You for the interest. In fact thank You all, that have commented, liked and shown an Interest in my project

JP :tiphat:

• Like 5

Brad616
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting that Jack best wishes . Is that standard type post foundation for concrete block houses in the PI, no poured concrete footers ?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting that Jack best wishes . Is that standard type post foundation for concrete block houses in the PI, no poured concrete footers ?

Thank You for the Comment Brad, all the Upright re-bar columns are set in 1/4 meter cement/ rough aggregate mix. (sat on a 18 inch square bar platform)Termite treated. The wall foundations are 3 course Hollow Block laid on re-bar forms, then filled with a treated cement /agg mix

I am no builder but being there every day, I can see all that is happening. learning from other members and other Forums I quickly learned not to always trust, to hear it said it is done, is one thing, to see it done, is totally another. :thumbsup:

So another week will come to a close soon, better get the camera Charged up :)

jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Brad616
Posted
Posted

Thank You for the Comment Brad, all the Upright re-bar columns are set in 1/4 meter cement/ rough aggregate mix. (sat on a 18 inch square bar platform)Termite treated. The wall foundations are 3 course Hollow Block laid on re-bar forms, then filled with a treated cement /agg mix

I am no builder but being there every day, I can see all that is happening. learning from other members and other Forums I quickly learned not to always trust, to hear it said it is done, is one thing, to see it done, is totally another. :thumbsup:

So another week will come to a close soon, better get the camera Charged up :)

jack P. :tiphat:

Thanks, I was curious . I was looking at dry stacking block on a slab here( Indiana) then cement coat outside blocks, with styrofoam block insulate in the block hollows.

I guess concrete block is building of choice, due to typhoons, and some insulation for air con . In the pics of my wifes family who live near the sea, seems to be post foundation with a 1 or so meter elevation for storm surge

Good luck