The Advantage Of Being An Old Daddy

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
I do have payback with one of my sons though...

i know exactly what you mean .................. in my time when i was especially hardwork for my very patient mum, she used to say, "you can never repay me until you have children of your own ..........)

when i first started to have problems with my eldest, i told my mother, "mother, i had now paid my debt in FULL with interest!"

and my darling mother was in stitches ................. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

when we first got together you talk of raising kids together and making them is the fun part, but the more you think about it the more you realize you cannot bring a child into this world without long term plans, now if our plan was to stay here in england well then lets bang them out, thats what comes to mind with lots of people, each one you have you get money for and the more you have the more money you get yippi, later on in life you have to many kids and your work dont pay enough then lets pack in work or get some benifits to help pay for the kids, life is great when you live in england and you dont give a dam, but hey i am a responable adult, i must think can we afford to keep a child and what about if we move to the phils, i am afraid it would spoil all our plans to bring a child into this world, would i like my wife to have our child you bet i would but we just cannot it would be wrong

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
i am a responable adult, i must think can we afford to keep a child and what about if we move to the phils, i am afraid it would spoil all our plans to bring a child into this world, would i like my wife to have our child you bet i would but we just cannot it would be wrong

Do you mean you would get much less income after moving to Phils, or why wouldn't you afford it there, if you would afford it England??

Yes, a private school would cost much, but would you need to spend money on that? (Partly) home schooling don't cost much :)

I know public Phili schools are normaly bad, but many public European schools aren't so good either :hystery:

(I aim at having a mix of public school (to get friend contacts),

plus home schooling 1-2 days per week to reach enough quality in the most important subjects.)

stevewool
Posted
Posted

if we had a child then yes i would have to stay in england , i could not retire early like we have planned,i would have to work till i officially retire that would mean another 7+ more years working here, to tell the truth i dont think my body could last that long, my plans is not to work at all once we leave england so no work no income,

tiger31
Posted
Posted

personally I think any person that has grown up kids and then goes and have another one is plain nuts lol after 3 grown up kids i don,t think I could cope going through all that again .you need to have lots of energy and pateince if you ask me and as we get older both starts to wane but who am i to judge .If its your first time at fatherhood then good luck to ya ,Thats the problem with marrying a philippina them and lots of kids go hand in hand lol try telling a young philippina you don,t want anymore kids it would go down like a lead balloon .my g,f has turned 40 and she has 2 grown up kids already but has indicated that she would love another baby gulp I hope that she goes off the idea lol But one thing that gets me going more than anything else is old guys who come here gets a philippina a couple of kids and drinks themselves to death in the bars and dying like a lot of ex pats do here .As for the financial aspect of things the kids would rather have the love of both parents than being brought up without a father who has left a bit of money behind..

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted

if we had a child then yes i would have to stay in england , i could not retire early like we have planned,i would have to work till i officially retire that would mean another 7+ more years working here, to tell the truth i dont think my body could last that long, my plans is not to work at all once we leave england so no work no income,

Well. You can let your capital "work" :)

(Phili stock market has developed much better in average than European and American.

And in Phili many are short of capital, so it's common with "partnership" between work and capital.

Some have succeeded with OTHER busineses than farming, but most have failed,

but finance FARMING (="Harvest sharing") is usualy succesful.

It's a common agreement financiere get money back + 1/4-1/3 of the rest (or a preagreed amount suiting the average harvest) after all are paid. Normal cost 20 000 pesos per hektare. Take 3.5-4 months each time. Normal pay 600-800p/sack. Average harvest is 56 sacks, but then are a big part of the farmland not irrigated and fatigue by bad fertilizing. I don't know average when they have finansiere enough for proper farming.)

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

personally I think any person that has grown up kids and then goes and have another one is plain nuts lol after 3 grown up kids i don,t think I could cope going through all that again .you need to have lots of energy and pateince if you ask me and as we get older both starts to wane but who am i to judge .If its your first time at fatherhood then good luck to ya ,Thats the problem with marrying a philippina them and lots of kids go hand in hand lol try telling a young philippina you don,t want anymore kids it would go down like a lead balloon .my g,f has turned 40 and she has 2 grown up kids already but has indicated that she would love another baby gulp I hope that she goes off the idea lol But one thing that gets me going more than anything else is old guys who come here gets a philippina a couple of kids and drinks themselves to death in the bars and dying like a lot of ex pats do here .As for the financial aspect of things the kids would rather have the love of both parents than being brought up without a father who has left a bit of money behind..

you are right on all accounts Brian, but as you say each to there own, myself and Emma did talk long and hard about having children, she new i was not keen, but i said lets wait and see, now she is here and is working in a good job making lots of money, money that she has never ever had in all her life, she can save, help pay the bills and send money back home to help her dad, lots of gifts for the neices and nephews too, this has took her mind of having kids, the last trip back to the phils she did explain to her sister and father that we shall not be having kids and i think they understood, but it was our choice, hopefully one day in the future she shall be the good aunt who can help the next generations that come along in her family, one last thing to add, i married emma to be with her all my life a child would not make me love her anymore then i can, some people think they have to have a child to make there married stronger , no you dont
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well. You can let your capital "work" :)

(Phili stock market has developed much better in average than European and American.

And in Phili many are short of capital, so it's common with "partnership" between work and capital.

Some have succeeded with OTHER busineses than farming, but most have failed,

but finance FARMING (="Harvest sharing") is usualy succesful.

It's a common agreement financiere get money back + 1/4-1/3 of the rest (or a preagreed amount suiting the average harvest) after all are paid. Normal cost 20 000 pesos per hektare. Take 3.5-4 months each time. Normal pay 600-800p/sack. Average harvest is 56 sacks, but then are a big part of the farmland not irrigated and fatigue by bad fertilizing. I don't know average when they have finansiere enough for proper farming.)

i have a friend who does just that, he makes a living doing this, his wife sorts everything out and it works for them
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
i have a friend who does just that, he makes a living doing this, his wife sorts everything out and it works for them

I am just the same and it really does, work, I Financed it and she works it. Good partnership. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

you are right on all accounts Brian, but as you say each to there own, myself and Emma did talk long and hard about having children, she new i was not keen, but i said lets wait and see, now she is here and is working in a good job making lots of money, money that she has never ever had in all her life, she can save, help pay the bills and send money back home to help her dad, lots of gifts for the neices and nephews too, this has took her mind of having kids, the last trip back to the phils she did explain to her sister and father that we shall not be having kids and i think they understood, but it was our choice, hopefully one day in the future she shall be the good aunt who can help the next generations that come along in her family, one last thing to add, i married emma to be with her all my life a child would not make me love her anymore then i can, some people think they have to have a child to make there married stronger , no you dont

your right but if a child does come along it just adds that extra bond between ya but if ya have a strong marriage then thats good enough .
  • Like 2