The Advantage Of Being An Old Daddy

• 6 months later...
chriseleanor
Posted
Posted

Two advantages I can think of are 1 hopefully more financially secure 2 Hopefully wiser. Disadvantage too old to run around with them when they are teenagers.

Hey Hey hey again..lol I will be able to run around with mine. I have friends that are 60 years old with 6 pack stomachs and and another friend 70 years old who plays Tennis, softball and regular sports and another friend almost 80. Yes they all have young children too. Well the 80 year old daughter is now 18 but he runs circles around me.

Age is nothing but a number. if you think you can't then you cant. If you think you can then you can. I come to the Philippines to live not to die.

If any of you that have young children and do not think you can run with them then I will be sponsoring and getting Little League Baseball back in Cebu.

hi andreeoo7,i like the way you think,i thought i had it all ,i lived on the beach in australia ,alone ,was so bored i drank my self silley every day ,i drank so much that i had a heart attack,now i dont drink ,feel great,and have found my first real love at age 58,yes you only live once ,

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

First let me say to Nor Cal Mike, I too would like to add my "LIKE THIS" to your post, very well said and unbelievable first post!

Second let me add, I was 54 when my daughter was born, and since that day, I have been getting YOUNGER.

My first two children, now 36 and 34 were not my biological children, however I married their mother (English) when they were very young, hence they call me Dad and their biological father Simon.

There are so many posts I want to quote this would take much too long, however I too left my previous wife with everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! as I did not intend at my age to be starting a new family, hence here I sit with my new wife and daughter and no savings for my daughter to go to school or retire, but this has not taken away from my enjoyment of being a father, it has however added to the stress of being a father.

I will get this done, she will be taken care of, it just means I must work harder and smarter in less time to accomplish it.

My wife almost died giving birth to my daughter, and my daughter did not draw a breath for 12 minutes when she was born.

At 54 I was standing there in the operating room, covered with blood, thinking I had lost both of the most important people in my life!

Thankfully my wife recovered, (due to the excellent work of a Filipina Doctor (Doctor Barbosa) who never panicked once, and held me together even while allowing me to cut the cord from around my daughters neck.

My daughter eventually decided to take a breath, and is now an unbelievable smart energetic bundle of joy in my life.

How does it feel to be a father at my now age of 57 with a 2 and a half year old daughter?

Rejuvenating, Extraordinary, Humbling and Terrifying! 

My wonderful wife, makes it even better.

IT'S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!!!!!!!!

Papa Carl

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I can't remember if its been said here but one advantage of being an old dad with an infant son is we both like to take lots of naps  :bedtime2:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
How does it feel to be a father at my now age of 57 with a 2 and a half year old daughter? Rejuvenating, Extraordinary, Humbling and Terrifying!
:hystery: 

That's the hardest age to take care of   (=When they don't know yet what's dangerous so need to be looked after all the time, and move much faster than when they crawled.) At 3 they can be in "tantrum age", but at 4 your can relax - for a while  :lol:

I can't remember if its been said here but one advantage of being an old dad with an infant son is we both like to take lots of naps  :bedtime2:

I don't want to, I feel it's wasting time, still much interesting/fun left to do - but I fall asleep sometimes anyway, when I plan to just rest my eyes for a few minutes  :mocking: