Ugly Account Of Philippines And Expats From A Very Unhappy Young Man In Angeles

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Damn ..... another Aussie word for me to use ...... first it was "stuff it up" and now it is "wanker" ....... gee thanks Bundy ..... your alright in my book ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Normally i wouldn't waste my time, i've just got one word for this guy.............Wanker!

Wait a minute Bundy......that British-Aussie term perfectly describes me -- a douche bag who loves

to wanker.....he, he.

post-686-0-30852100-1337865283.jpg

• Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted

I feel sorry for the girlfriend and baby. I find a lot of

kanos having a bad experience of living in the in the P.I. And having a bad relationship

with a Filippina. I laugh to myself at times when I been asked how long that I have been

married.

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

well I have to agree that a lot of the things he says is true at least in the first part but unfortunately he ranted on way to much but I'm not going to get on the bandwagon and start calling him childish names like a**h*le or wanker...??? , in fact it became quite funny to read the further it went on as I was wondering when he would start talking about x subject that annoys us all here but we don't bother to moan about or bitch like him...

. the one thing though I will be game enough to agree on to a degree and I will say to a degree in context and I have only noticed this more so in my last trip of the 4 I have done over several years is that the resort area where I live girls there really do in general and males too as well see a foreigner as an ATM machine. Now I'm not an oldie, I'm in my 40's and can still pick up girls without flashing money around if I wanted to although I have to admit my confidence was shattered long ago in the west but it shot up again a lot in the Philippines. My point is I'm not at the age where I'm only really useful as a money machine, girls there I have found do find me attractive physically too. So if they disrespect me this much then it must be a lot worse for much older guys if you see what I'm saying...

I lived in Cebu before and I never noticed it so much as there was more discretion there but out in this resort area where I think foreigners have abused locals and made a bad name of others. So let me say that I met a number of girls that I was only interested in as friends as I traveled and have a lovely girlfriend, now fiancee waiting for me. When these girls I met and I invited around for lunch and outings realized I was not interested in them for a relationship nearly every single one of them texted me a few days later asking for money from 500 pesos to 1000 pesos for things like sick babies to needing money for food etc. I refused but I offered to buy food for them, They mostly refused, I offered to meet them at the market to buy groceries but their excuses were they were afraid to be seen in public with a foreigner or suddenly too busy,

This was very depressing as I realized that I could not make genuine friends there as they all wanted something, mainly money. Fortunately I have made a few friends there but even most of them wanted something, like one borrowed or others wanted money.,, One paid the loan back the same day fortunately and another I gave a small amount to help her school fee. The other thing is I don't look rich, no gold jeweles etc, very casual clothes and often ony shorts, no shirt etc.... As for males, I met a bloke who picked me up on the bike and became friends, but 2 days later he turned up drunk and asked for 500 pesos, I refused and I never seen him again for weeks.

Since then I stopped been too friendly, inviting people to lunch and just keeping my distance in general but still kept a friendly attitude and understanding their situation too.

Of course there are many beautiful people and much more positives then this experience, one of them is my girlfriend.

I put the blame on this down to foreigners who have made us all look like ATM machines and only useful for money.

The sad thing is when I walk along a beach and young kids see me and I hear them laughing. hands out and saying "money money money"...

btw, that original post was from 2009! ;)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have been really busy lately with work and another project or two so only just catching up with many of the topics here so my two bobs worth on this subject is, look at it another way. Some website's thrive on controversial crap. Someone perhaps the owner of the site writes up crap to get interest so you read it, perhaps never got as far as the computer to the Philippines but can write a story based on a small amount of research to enhance his pocket.

Sure some parts of the story we can relate to but unless your a complete dick%ead then life in the Phils is not as bad as one person makes it out to be. The story is done for the simple purpose of traffic, traffic to site that is.

I know of for example; forum owners who have planted friends to stir the pot and the reason is it builds interest and for the owner perhaps financial gain or ever more people to join in a money lending scheme or something similar.

Dont believe all you read on the net.

Just a reminder that I only have 7 shares left in the Matcan bridge project, please do not leave it to late and loose your chance. No checks, cash only. Members only offer.

OK, yes free trip to Cambodia if all else fails, absolutely free.

First I gotta ask....

You been cheating on me? You said I was your only Bob...

:boohoo:

Secondly, which one of the above did you do to increase your traffic?

:mocking: :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Just a reminder that I only have 7 shares left in the Matcan bridge project, please do not leave it to late and loose your chance. No checks, cash only. Members only offer. OK, yes free trip to Cambodia if all else fails, absolutely free.
Remember to pay the cashier on the way out.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have been really busy lately with work and another project or two so only just catching up with many of the topics here so my two bobs worth on this subject is, look at it another way. Some website's thrive on controversial crap. Someone perhaps the owner of the site writes up crap to get interest so you read it, perhaps never got as far as the computer to the Philippines but can write a story based on a small amount of research to enhance his pocket.

Sure some parts of the story we can relate to but unless your a complete dick%ead then life in the Phils is not as bad as one person makes it out to be. The story is done for the simple purpose of traffic, traffic to site that is.

I know of for example; forum owners who have planted friends to stir the pot and the reason is it builds interest and for the owner perhaps financial gain or ever more people to join in a money lending scheme or something similar.

Dont believe all you read on the net.

Just a reminder that I only have 7 shares left in the Matcan bridge project, please do not leave it to late and loose your chance. No checks, cash only. Members only offer.

OK, yes free trip to Cambodia if all else fails, absolutely free.

First I gotta ask....

You been cheating on me? You said I was your only Bob...

:boohoo:

Secondly, which one of the above did you do to increase your traffic?

:mocking: :tiphat: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

My god, its so easy to be caught. Just a slip of the tongue and you found out there was two Bobs. Sorry its over I guess?

To answer question

Hmm none, I did not need to increase traffic, just let the rest bash women and flee the country,had to happen one day!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

Although some of the author's points are valid, the author is irrelevant. He's just one person out of hundreds of thousands whom either reside or visit Philippines each year.

For every negative he puts forward I'm sure we could all argue and spin something more positive. Not enough 'quick food'?, I'd be out selling BBQ in UK every night if given the chance. P500 to see a doctor?, I pay more than that weekly through my taxes and contributions without seeing a doctor.

Bottom line is Philippines isn't for everyone. Most of us will do our research before ever visiting the country and we'll realise it'll be different to what we're used to. Philippines has its pros and cons, just like anywhere, learning how to turn negatives into positives is half the fun for me. It isn't for everyone but it does seem to appeal to the majority whom never set their expectations too high to begin with.

• Like 2