Visa Waiver Programme

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all, I should know the answer to this but have to admit I don't. because of circumstances, I will need to use the visa waiver way to be there this year, can someone please tell me, what is the longest time I can stay on this programm? I need 10 months on this, as My pension will not kick in till May 2013 so I guess a 13a will be out of the Question at this time. No paper work to subsantiate pension rights till January 2013. Have to live on Savings till then. Unless someone has something good to tell me I see it as the only way I have, to stay this year

Regards Jack P. :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

billten
Posted
Posted
pension will not kick in till May 2013 so I guess a 13a will be out of the Question at this time

Honestly i wouldn't worry too much about this. If you can prove you have the savings to get you up to the point where your pension arrives, you should be all good for the 13a.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are married to a Filipina, the best option is Balikbayan privileges, which is a one year visa waiver program. The requirement is she must be with you upon arrival. It does not matter what is her current citizenship status. Make sure that both of you request for Balikbayan when you present the passports to the Immigration Officer.

Rules with regards to the Philippine Retirement Authority SRRV program are expected to change within a year. SRRV may not be a good option in your situation since you can apply for a 13a.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney practicing in the field of immigration law)

Edited by JJR

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If you are married to a Filipina, the best option is Balikbayan privileges, which is a one year visa waiver program. The requirement is she must be with you upon arrival. It does not matter what is her current citizenship status. Make sure that both of you request for Balikbayan when you present the passports to the Immigration Officer.

Rules with regards to the Philippine Retirement Authority SRRV program are expected to change within a year. SRRV may not be a good option in your situation since you can apply for a 13a.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney practicing in the field of immigration law)

:unsure: Good if she was with me JJR, problem is, she will be in Dumaguete when I arrive, so it will be back to the waiver programme I think, Thank you for the answer but I fear it is a square one situation here. Too much too soon on my return. never enough time for things to be done, when dealing with countries other than your Birth one. to obtain a return on tax paid here, I have to leave by June 30th or loose the repayment. this I will need, for the next year to help survive well live anyway. Wy is Life is never simple? Maybe I will need Paul's help earlier than I thought. perhaps if you see this Paul you can throw a little light on the Subject or may be Jake or JGF can give you a Nudge. .##@@*** hit what a mess :omg: Still, I am coming now whatever. :) Wife tells me, not to worry but I can't help it. " where there is a will there is a way" springs to mind

TheMason
Posted
Posted

The 13a requirements list financial records, but nobody ever asked me about my finances when I was going through the process. This is one time the assumption that foreigners have a money tree in their backyard will work in your favor.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I will need to use the visa waiver way to be there this year

What is that? The only visa waivers I have heard of are the 21 days (maybe 30 days eventually), the BB stamp that JJ mentioned, the 6 month one that is so far just bs in the newspapers, and the illegal ones (which we do not discuss here and which are being eliminated according to newspaper reports).

So if there is some other form of Visa waiver then we tourists would love to know more about it.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The costs for visa extentions after the initial 21 or 30 days visa waiver can be expensive. If you have not made your airline reservations, one possibility is a Hong Kong stopover and have your wife meet you there. Entry to the Philippines is Balikbayan. If you do the math, this might be a cheaper option than paying fees to the Bureau of Immigration.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I will need to use the visa waiver way to be there this year

What is that? The only visa waivers I have heard of are the 21 days (maybe 30 days eventually), the BB stamp that JJ mentioned, the 6 month one that is so far just bs in the newspapers, and the illegal ones (which we do not discuss here and which are being eliminated according to newspaper reports).

So if there is some other form of Visa waiver then we tourists would love to know more about it.

This Dave, is why i was asking the Question How many extensions can you have? when I went to the BOI page it said to jump to visa waiver programme there. it is all about the 4 main non immigrant visas 9,13 and so on, this told me the charges and procedure but not how many times I could do it. All this has happened so fast I just have not had time to get to Madrid and get sorted. Obviously, I am not interested in anything illegal the BB thing is just out of the Question right now so I was wondering if any one there had used the extensions on first entry waiver for a lengthy time Nothing sinister here, just need some factual information, that I can get sorted once I am there. Even taking a trip to Hong Kong at a later date if this is possible this situation has arise solely because of the health scare, which I want to put behind me and be with my Family, until the UK ( Gibraltar) and Spain can get their act together I have to try and get on with life which is not easy when neither want to pay early retirement pension because of where I live ,so I thought I may as well be there with the Family Application can be done from The PI but until one of them backs down and says ok, there is a cause for early payment but who Pays? I am stuck between the devil and the Deep Blue sea. Once January is here it will be normal application for ARP that is 7 months away and it is now I need to get some sort of peace of mind about Staying in the PI for those 7 months.

Hope this clears things up a little, my mind is just functioning to well with all this rush and tear.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The costs for visa extension after the initial 21 or 30 days visa waiver can be expensive. If you have not made your airline reservations, one possibility is a Hong Kong stopover and have your wife meet you there. Entry to the Philippines is Balikbayan. If you do the math, this might be a cheaper option than paying fees to the Bureau of Immigration.

Point taken JJ but not an Option just at this time, maybe a visa run later if this is possible. Thank you for all you tips here.

Jack P. :tiphat:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Question right now so I was wondering if any one there had used the extensions on first entry waiver for a lengthy time

In my peer group there are the following groups (in order of most common): Those who are married and have completed the formalities for a spousal visa. Those who are in the process and are staying as 'temporary residents' or tourists (the terms seem to be interchangeable for visa purposes). Those who are just tourists who leave the country every year or two then come back and start the process again. Those who come with their wives on the Balikbayan privilege. Those who use 'corrupt' methods. And lastly those who applied for and received a quota visa.

I am generally familiar with all of those methods from conversations with friends and other research. I know there are other methods like employment, student, and clergy visas but I don't know anyone on those. The common tourist/temporary resident visa is a fine, general purpose visa. You can remain in country for up to 2 years on that method. It is an easy renewal for ther first 16 months of your stay and then they start to make it a bit tougher for you. Most find it easier to leave the country on a 'visa run' every 1 year to 16 months.

Oh yes, there is one more type of foreigner here, the ones who overstayed and are here 'sans visa' and illegal. Interestingly enough, I know some expats who complain about illegal immigrants in their own country, and then they come here and do exactly that. Many have stayed here for decades and, so long as they never plan on leaving the country, will probably never get caught. (This is NOT recommended but is just a fact of life in most countries).

• Like 1