Pacquiao-Bradley

MikeB
Posted
Posted

When I watched it the first time it was the HBO stream and it kept freezing so I couldn't really tell what was happening but I had audio. The crowd was completely pro-Pacquiao and the HBO announcers were shamelessly biased for him. When I watched it delayed with balanced announcers I thought it was close. Pacquiao won most of the early rounds but Bradley hung in there. Pacquiao realized he wasn't going to take him out and coasted a little. It was still a very bad decision, imo. But Pacquiao in his prime wouldn't have needed judges against Bradley. He's accomplished great things, it's an amazing story, but it's time to leave it and do other things.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Interesting ..... I always thought that boxing was scored by the number of effective punches not the ones landing on the gloves or being blocked by the fore-arms ..... just because you are swinging doesn't necessarily mean you are scoring points ..... IMHO

(A bit off topic about Manny) Don't know if you remember Gene Fulmer (he also had a brother that fought) who fought years ago ..... he covered his nose and mouth with his left fore arm and only used right hand like a piston ..... god he could tear a guy up with that one hand :hystery: ..... I used to love the ol' boxers on the Saturday Nite Fights back in the 50's .... would watch them with my Grandfather every Saturday ...... (the only TV show he would ever watched ...... he would listen to Lawrence Welk and Mitch Miller but not watch them ..... :hystery: )

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When I watched it the first time it was the HBO stream and it kept freezing so I couldn't really tell what was happening but I had audio. The crowd was completely pro-Pacquiao and the HBO announcers were shamelessly biased for him. When I watched it delayed with balanced announcers I thought it was close. Pacquiao won most of the early rounds but Bradley hung in there. Pacquiao realized he wasn't going to take him out and coasted a little. It was still a very bad decision, imo. But Pacquiao in his prime wouldn't have needed judges against Bradley. He's accomplished great things, it's an amazing story, but it's time to leave it and do other things.

Amen brother ...... time to turn to politics before he gets hurt which after seeing this fight I'm afraid will happen with Mayweather ........ unless it is all a big sham

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Mike, that is true and did you know that 2 of the judges, Roth and Ford, are in their 70s? Maybe they just can't see all that great. The other judge, CJ Ross, is a woman I could not find any information on her.

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Just watched again, not thinking like a devil's advocate, and Pacquiao definitely deserved the win. 7-5 for Pacquiao is the closest it could be considered.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I personally think that any judge of any sport should have participated in that sport for a minimum of 5 years ...... just like a doctor ...... can you imagine a doctor telling someone how to do an operation if he has never done one ...... I sure wouldn't want him operating on me ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Actually the biggest loser in this fight is going to end up being Floyd Mayweather. Manny will make a ton of money now in the rematch with Bradley and will probably retire after that in my opinion. Mayweather can try to fight Bradley I guess but I don't see that being a big money fight for him. Kind of serves Mayweather right for ducking Manny all of these years.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Actually the biggest loser in this fight is going to end up being Floyd Mayweather. Manny will make a ton of money now

There are those on DZMM who are now saying "perhaps the Pacquio camp was in on this deciscion"

• Like 1

Brad616
Posted
Posted

I wonder how Manny's "cache" will change 5 or 7 yrs out from his boxing career if his other ventures in life go poorly ? Physcially I think he's got 3 good yrs left in the tank, I dont know mentally though, and I think we have seen different people react differently to concussions /dementia induced head trauma. I would cash in for 3 or 4 more fights , and try and get some type of legit business up and going ( autos, tech ) something to fall back on first. JMHO

• Like 1