Pacquiao-Bradley

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I watched the fight 3 times and and scored each time - 119 to 109, 118 to 110 and again 119 - 109... Manny was the winner hands down!

• Like 1

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wonder how Manny's "cache" will change 5 or 7 yrs out from his boxing career if his other ventures in life go poorly ? Physcially I think he's got 3 good yrs left in the tank, I dont know mentally though, and I think we have seen different people react differently to concussions /dementia induced head trauma. I would cash in for 3 or 4 more fights , and try and get some type of legit business up and going ( autos, tech ) something to fall back on first. JMHO

It's already been documented that he has been having cash problems, and needed seven-figure advances from Bob Arum to deal with debt. Easy come, easy go. There's no way he doesn't go bankrupt if he gets out of boxing, focuses on politics, and tries to support it all with his other "modest earnings." He might make a lot of money in other places, but not compared to what he makes in boxing, and definitely not enough to finance a political career. He apparently spent around $6million or so to finance his last campaign, and he's still helping friends and relatives to finance their own political ambitions on top of that. No boxing means no political success.

The only way he retires and stays wealthy for the next 40 years of his life is if he sits on it and does relatively nothing, meaning run a boxing gym, a restaurant, and not much else.

Edited by ekimswish
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
It's already been documented that he has been having cash problems, and needed seven-figure advances from Bob Arum to deal with debt.

A lot of things have been documented, it doesn't make it so. I could not find one reputable source for him borrowing millions from Arum or anyone. Of course he cannot make the money he makes in boxing but he and his wife have successful businesses already. It's not how much you make, it's how much you spend. His skills have eroded at least a little and, more importantly, he doesn't have the hunger that made him a great fighter because he's rich and famous. If he's truly found "the way" he gets out of it and away from the Arums, and jettisons the posse and leeches he's supporting. It's an old story in sports and, especially, boxing. An uneducated young kid makes a fortune and blows it all, ends up broke. He's a national hero here, he can go out on top and do other things like De la Hoya. If he's smart enough. Anyone who thinks Mayweather is nothing but a stupid thug should read the Rolling Stone story on him. He may be a thug but not stupid.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

You mean he is a BOXER??

OMG i had only thought he was a Congressman. a Singer, TV show host,An Actor and a advocate against the RH bill. guess i should keep up with my RP sports more often, As I only watch the Womens Volleyball action Philippines+women%25E2%2580%2599s+beach+volleyball+team+in+Manila.jpegAteneo%2BDe%2BManila%2BUniversity%2BWomen%2527s%2BVolleyball%2BTeamhot.jpg

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

Garpo
Posted
Posted

Pacquiao made about 64 million for two fights in 2011 and will probably make that much if not more for two fights now in 2012. Reports of him having to borrow money are pretty hard to believe. Besides the money he makes from boxing he also makes a lot from business that he and his wife have and he also makes a ton of money for ads and endorsements that he makes. If he made more than a couple hundred dollars for his acting then he was probably over paid for that.

The WBO is not going to review the decision and will most likely not recognize Bradley as the champion. Does not really mean that much except ads more media and hype for the rematch which also means more money. Bradley should be happy and grateful to Pacquiao and the judges for making him a rich man.

I am interested in the rematch as I am shocked that Bradley was able to fight as well as he did considering that he was fighting on a broken foot and the twisted ankle was clear to see. I have to give him credit for sticking it out.

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere that Manny came out late to fight Bradley because he was waiting to see if the Celtics won. The Celtics lost so Manny lost $10 million. And, he bet another $20 million on his self.

I wonder if that story is true, if so, that may be the worse day of Manny's life so far. Loosing $10 million could have effected him mentally during the fight too.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere that Manny came out late to fight Bradley because he was waiting to see if the Celtics won. The Celtics lost so Manny lost $10 million. And, he bet another $20 million on his self.

I wonder if that story is true, if so, that may be the worse day of Manny's life so far. Loosing $10 million could have effected him mentally during the fight too.

. And, he bet another $20 million on his self.

I doubt very much this is true and I am almost sure it was not written about, Boxing Boards of Control Outlawed, Boxers and promoters from betting on a Bout. it is called Conflict of Interest, It could according to boards induce, throwing a Fight. There are unscrupulous Fighters and promoters who will place bets through 3rd Parties but It will never be spoken about. However That's Boxing. :unsure:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The fight was delayed because the promoters didn't want to split the audience with the basketball game ..... that way they made more on pay-for view .... the delay was announced 3 days in advance from what I understand and read somewhere .....