Hdr Photography

brock
Posted
Posted

Try this, it may be of some interest to you.

http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/hdr-photo-tutorial/

Also check out Karl taylor, He is a brilliant Photographer and explains things in plain English, He sells very good tutorials, But if you know where to look you can get them for nothing.

He paints a Photograph with a flashlight, Absolutely amazing.

Check him out on youtube,

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Great topic. This is exactly the kind of hobby a person would finally have time to enjoy once retired in Philippines. Heck it could even turn into a small business.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

sorry, excuse my Wednesday silly hour! All this is well beyond me, I am still on the Kodak Brownie it all sounds good fun hope it all turns out well

Photography clubs either take pictures or collect equipment. Although I owned three Hasselblads with different lenses for my professional work, I would bring a Kodak Instamatic camera whenever the Hasselblad group would invite me to their meetings. It was my way to saying it's the photographer who takes great pictures, not the equipment.

All my professional equipment were sold years ago. That included enough powerful strobe equipment to light a lobby or ballroom, since I did a lot of work with hotels. My wife has a cellular phone and it takes excellent, high resolution pictures. I am behind on the technology, so it is still a DSLR. This is the cheap Nikon sets you purchase from Costco for less than $1,000. After two or three years, the equipment is donated to a non-profit group. I also don't worry if the equipment (camera body and two lenses) is stolen or lost. There is a technical reason why I purchase new DSLR equipment every few years.

I remember one of my college assignments was to construct your own pinhole camera and take a picture. The time exposure was like three hours. The results looked incredible, but different from the sharp images everyone emphasizes with modern equipment.

Edited by JJR
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I guess my Kodak Tourist won't cut it then... It's older than I am and it's in much better shape too! Here is a pic of one I found online though mine is in about the same condition...

If some of you are into collecting old cameras, I have a few in our storage locker that I plan to sell. They include a Voitlander looted from a dead German officer in WWII by my wife's relative who was a Japanese American soldier with the famed unit who served in Europe. There should also be a Rollifex twin lens reflex in the collection. As we approach our retirement years, my wife and I are busy getting rid of stuff.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Try this, it may be of some interest to you.

Thanks Brock! Good stuff!

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I guess my Kodak Tourist won't cut it then... It's older than I am and it's in much better shape too! Here is a pic of one I found online though mine is in about the same condition...

very nice, I would be far happier with one of these camera's if only I did not have to get film developed.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If some of you are into collecting old cameras, I have a few in our storage locker that I plan to sell. They include a Voitlander looted from a dead German officer in WWII by my wife's relative who was a Japanese American soldier with the famed unit who served in Europe. There should also be a Rollifex twin lens reflex in the collection. As we approach our retirement years, my wife and I are busy getting rid of stuff.

Thanks JJR but I am doing the same before I move to the Philippines!

• 1 month later...
OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hello Onmyway i found this tutorial that explains HDR Photography , i think it does a great job telling how you go about doing it for those who dont know !! i plan on doing some hdr next year when i buy the camera i want the canon 60d anyway heres the video

http://youtu.be/QB_phvfEBdw

O-U-C :thumbsup:

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Photography is my hobby, HDR i use it when i want to succeed to show the colors that my eye sees, on a picture. Not to distort the picture and make it look like a painting...

On photoshop CS5 which i use there is the option "HDR toning" where you can play around and make similar pictures as the video shows. Plus take a set of 12 pictures to use for HDR and see how long your somputer will need to process your request...

As well you can use the "shadows/highlight" option of any version on photoshop and get similar results with only one picture. By saying that i just want to emphasise what the HDR is supposed to be used for.

Now photography is painting with light and the limits is one's creativity and imagination, beyond the standard rules, which one should use if he wants his picture to look like millions of others, there are no rules. free to draw whatever and as you like it. :)

As for cameras and lens...that is the 20-15% of the picture, the rest is the photographer and his skills. yes i would love a crispy lens of 3000$ but that will not make me to get better pictures...if i shoot crap, crispy or not it is always crap....LOL!!!!

A DSLR with a couple of lenses of affordable price is all you need. Any DSLR!!! i regreted i bought mine (3 years ago) with the video option...i wanted a camera not a video camera...

Why DSLR? it gives you more controls over apperture, shutter speeds and ISO plus some essential tools such as a live view of the histogram etc...but a dslr as such costs about 500$ with the basic lens. Not a fortune!!!

As for a point and shoot...always in my pocket!!!! You can make great pics given the opportunity. i use my point and shoot way much more than my bulky dslr...

just my 5 centavos input :)

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

let us know when you start giving them away...i do have a small collection of them too...i just use them for decoration
  • Like 1