Hdr Photography

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Hello Onmyway i found this tutorial that explains HDR Photography , i think it does a great job telling how you go about doing it for those who dont know !! i plan on doing some hdr next year when i buy the camera i want the canon 60d anyway heres the video

O-U-C :thumbsup:

Thanks! I have not really experimented much but when things settle down I will spend some time with it. I need to get a better tripod too.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Photography is my hobby, HDR i use it when i want to succeed to show the colors that my eye sees, on a picture. Not to distort the picture and make it look like a painting...

On photoshop CS5 which i use there is the option "HDR toning" where you can play around and make similar pictures as the video shows. Plus take a set of 12 pictures to use for HDR and see how long your somputer will need to process your request...

As well you can use the "shadows/highlight" option of any version on photoshop and get similar results with only one picture. By saying that i just want to emphasise what the HDR is supposed to be used for.

Now photography is painting with light and the limits is one's creativity and imagination, beyond the standard rules, which one should use if he wants his picture to look like millions of others, there are no rules. free to draw whatever and as you like it. :)

As for cameras and lens...that is the 20-15% of the picture, the rest is the photographer and his skills. yes i would love a crispy lens of 3000$ but that will not make me to get better pictures...if i shoot crap, crispy or not it is always crap....LOL!!!!

A DSLR with a couple of lenses of affordable price is all you need. Any DSLR!!! i regreted i bought mine (3 years ago) with the video option...i wanted a camera not a video camera...

Why DSLR? it gives you more controls over apperture, shutter speeds and ISO plus some essential tools such as a live view of the histogram etc...but a dslr as such costs about 500$ with the basic lens. Not a fortune!!!

As for a point and shoot...always in my pocket!!!! You can make great pics given the opportunity. i use my point and shoot way much more than my bulky dslr...

just my 5 centavos input :)

Yes, I am planning on spending a lot of time honing my photography skills once I am over in Phils and have the time. The timing of reviving this thread is uncanny because yesterday I laid out all my equipment to decide what to sell. When I was deciding which line of DSLR to go with, I went down the less traveled road with Pentax and now I am shooting with a K7 body. I have a K10 body I think I will sell. I also have a Nikon 8800 digital zoom cam that was their top of the line digital camera before they had a DSLR line, and I think I will keep it because it really takes fantastic pictures and it is very fun to use. And of course I have a much used Panasonic pocket camera too.

You know what surprised me was that all of my batteries for the Nikon and K10 still seem to be good after sitting for a long, long time. I thought they would go bad?? They all took a charge but I don't know if they will last. The 2 Nikon batts are really old! I will probably pickup one new battery for all my cams before I leave.

• Like 1

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Photography is my hobby, HDR i use it when i want to succeed to show the colors that my eye sees, on a picture. Not to distort the picture and make it look like a painting...

On photoshop CS5 which i use there is the option "HDR toning" where you can play around and make similar pictures as the video shows. Plus take a set of 12 pictures to use for HDR and see how long your somputer will need to process your request...

As well you can use the "shadows/highlight" option of any version on photoshop and get similar results with only one picture. By saying that i just want to emphasise what the HDR is supposed to be used for.

Now photography is painting with light and the limits is one's creativity and imagination, beyond the standard rules, which one should use if he wants his picture to look like millions of others, there are no rules. free to draw whatever and as you like it. :)

As for cameras and lens...that is the 20-15% of the picture, the rest is the photographer and his skills. yes i would love a crispy lens of 3000$ but that will not make me to get better pictures...if i shoot crap, crispy or not it is always crap....LOL!!!!

A DSLR with a couple of lenses of affordable price is all you need. Any DSLR!!! i regreted i bought mine (3 years ago) with the video option...i wanted a camera not a video camera...

Why DSLR? it gives you more controls over apperture, shutter speeds and ISO plus some essential tools such as a live view of the histogram etc...but a dslr as such costs about 500$ with the basic lens. Not a fortune!!!

As for a point and shoot...always in my pocket!!!! You can make great pics given the opportunity. i use my point and shoot way much more than my bulky dslr...

Yes, I am planning on spending a lot of time honing my photography skills once I am over in Phils and have the time. The timing of reviving this thread is uncanny because yesterday I laid out all my equipment to decide what to sell. When I was deciding which line of DSLR to go with, I went down the less traveled road with Pentax and now I am shooting with a K7 body. I have a K10 body I think I will sell. I also have a Nikon 8800 digital zoom cam that was their top of the line digital camera before they had a DSLR line, and I think I will keep it because it really takes fantastic pictures and it is very fun to use. And of course I have a much used Panasonic pocket camera too.

You know what surprised me was that all of my batteries for the Nikon and K10 still seem to be good after sitting for a long, long time. I thought they would go bad?? They all took a charge but I don't know if they will last. The 2 Nikon batts are really old! I will probably pickup one new battery for all my cams before I leave.

All well but here in Philippines it is much easier to go with Nikon or Canon, you'll find it difficult getting lenses or adaptors, batteries etc for PENTAX. It was my first dslr and trying to find a lens in Manila not the easiest option, mail order...customs make you pay a fortune!!!! Nikon and Canon are plenty and everywhere.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

All well but here in Philippines it is much easier to go with Nikon or Canon, you'll find it difficult getting lenses or adaptors, batteries etc for PENTAX. It was my first dslr and trying to find a lens in Manila not the easiest option, mail order...customs make you pay a fortune!!!! Nikon and Canon are plenty and everywhere.

Yes, I know, Pentax dealers are far harder to find anywhere. I knew that was a downside when I bought it. I bought the camera in the US but I was living in Germany at the time. I am fairly well set for lenses so I really should not be needing anything soon except for an extra battery or two, which I will pickup here.

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

joeatmanila is right you dont need a $ 3000 lens i seen people with a 1000 $ dslr making incredible videos and pictures , the camera i want is the canon 60d it sells here in canada for $1300 ( before the government gets there hands on it = tax ) with i think a 18-135mm lens and it takes incredible video and pictures ! now i have Photoshop cs4 and lightroom 4 plus a few other editing software for videos and photos , plus with the canon models you can use a firmware program that you can download for free with allot of useful tools for photos and video !!! im going to buy it right after i get back from the philippines ! speaking of interesting photo taking check this out its called light painting , its done at night and look what you can do its amazing !! heres a little video of what you can do

http://youtu.be/RK_tBOT8xDc

and i have seen even better then this something else for you to try onmyway ?? :) i know i will try this

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey O-U-C ..... so I suppose you don't want to borrow my little ol' Kodak Brownie ...... quick story (yea I know I'm full of them) ...... way back in the late 60's I bought a Miranda 35mm SLR (forgot the model) 2nd hand as I couldn't afford a new one and a 135mm and 300mm lenses for it along with a 2x converter ..... 3 days later after not having used it I traveled over 600 miles to an old Calvary fort in Oklahoma ..... they were reconstruction in like the original ..... to make a long story short I shot 4 rolls of film and headed home .... took the film to be developed and when they came back they were all blank ..... I was p*ssed to say the least so back to the camera store I went .... showed him the blank pictures and told him there had to be something wrong with the camera ..... he asked me only one thing ..... show me how you loaded the camera .... I did and then he laughed .... you loaded it wrong .... you attach the film OVER THE SPOOL .... NOT UNDER IT ...... hard lesson learned and I never made it back to fort ..... :th_imstupid: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 2

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

LOL poor mike well no worries with loading the film wrong now a days mike coz there is no film LOL and its pretty hard to load a sd card wrong hahaha thank for making me laugh my a@@ off hahahaha

• Like 2