The New Adobe Flash Player

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I am Bob....

Seems you are double posting within the same post. This is the second one like this I have seen. My guess is some sort of javascript related bug triggered by the web client you are using. Being a tech guy yourself I am confident you will track it down.

I am Bob....

Seems you are double posting within the same post. This is the second one like this I have seen. My guess is some sort of javascript related bug triggered by the web client you are using. Being a tech guy yourself I am confident you will track it down.

Yeah, I did...

Seems like my unlimited Internet has been throttled because I used something like 5 million Gigs this month! My own fault! And, since everything is happening in slow speed, when I post the button will disappear and then come back 5 seconds later. Pressed it again a couple times and oops! Double posts!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I am Bob....

I am Bob....

Yeah, I did...

Seems like my unlimited Internet has been throttled because I used something like 5 million Gigs this month! My own fault! And, since everything is happening in slow speed, when I post the button will disappear and then come back 5 seconds later. Pressed it again a couple times and oops! Double posts!

Yeah, looks like it is a forum problem. Wonder if JGF made some changes recently.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I am Bob....

I am Bob....

Yeah, I did...

Yeah, looks like it is a forum problem. Wonder if JGF made some changes recently.

Yeah, he did !!!

Yeah, he did !!!

Yeah, he did !!!

Yeah, he did !!!

Yeah, he did !!!

Yeah, he did !!!

Yeah, he did !!!

Yeah, he did !!!

But this one was me.... ! :))

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted
I already covered security hence my reference to Avast and Microsoft.

Sorry but I gotta disagree with you! Updating Avast and doing your MicroSoft updates is not security! MS is the most insecure OS going and will always be that way... And no "anti-virus" product is going to pick up everything. That is why any security expert will tell you to run more than one "anti-virus" and do back-ups.

If a product you have installed calls for an update, that means that the product you have installed is broken. The update is there for a reason. Google for issues about the update first though because, as often as not, companies like MS and Adobe, for various reasons, are not fully testing their patches and updates and are leaving your machine broken in other ways. Sometimes you can't see the difference... Other times you are dead in the water...

I guess it comes down to our own personal experiences.

For the mostpart I can live without things like flash player, I did do until my daughter got me playing poker on facebook recently. To play it I had to upgrade flash player, now I get to see all those wonderful ads on various sites which also use flash, meh.

I agree MS and AV updates aren't the all and be all in their own rights, there are other forms of security too, spyware blaster for instance. Most people will rely simply on windows firewall whereas I prefer my own stand alone firewall so I can see what's trying to access the internet. As an online poker player forever dealing with online wallets and sending personal information, security is of utmost importance to me. There's just other things I can do without so perhaps don't realise their importance to others.

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

ahhhhhhhhhh ............. so that is what is all about .......... not that i understand half of it, there mostly double dutch to me........ :unsure:

but if the PC freezes up i just closed the computer and go bed or hide in the bathroom until the husband or my son screamed and fix the PC ......... :lol:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

ahhhhhhhhhh ............. so that is what is all about .......... not that i understand half of it, there mostly double dutch to me........ :unsure:

but if the PC freezes up i just closed the computer and go bed or hide in the bathroom until the husband or my son screamed and fix the PC ......... :lol:

Hehe! If you used Linux, you wouldn't have to spend so much time hiding in the bathroom..... :mocking:

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
that's how got into trouble ..... IMHO

Any new updates on this computer issue(adobe-flash-player)

or others you can share w/us?

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I seem to be getting more Shockwave Flash crashes recently so I decided to dig up this old thread and try to do it. So I deleted my Flash program and I am downloading Flash Player 10.3.183.23. I use Windows Vista and downloading this version of flash on my Globe USB stick is going to take an hour. So far I have 5 mB out of 43 MB downloaded. I sure hope this fixes the crashes and I hope I don't screw everyolgac;u'rtn l/mf WARNING! WARNING!! This laptop will self destruct in 10 . . . . 9 . . . . . . 8 . . . .

AAAARRRGGHHH DELETE DELETE . . Unplug, shut down. PRAY!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Red October hackers affecting Java has recently made the tech headlines. I have since deleted all programs

dealing with Java. Here is one of the articles: http://nakedsecurity...l-your-friends/. I don't know if this is related

to any flash players but please take extra precaution to clean out your computer.

Jake

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Red October hackers affecting Java has recently made the tech headlines. I have since deleted all programs

dealing with Java. Here is one of the articles: http://nakedsecurity...l-your-friends/. I don't know if this is related

to any flash players but please take extra precaution to clean out your computer.

Jake

Jake if you use FireFox it has already blocked Java for you .... at least mine did ...... programs like Java Script are safe to use .... There are articles on the web that tell you how to remove it from other browsers ...... supposed to be pretty scary stuff as HomeLand Security got involved .... and usually all they want to do is grope old ladies ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Java Plugin 7 update 10 and lower (click-to-play), Windows has been blocked for your protection.

Why was it blocked? The Java plugin is causing significant security problems. All users are strongly recommended to keep the plugin disabled unless necessary. Who is affected? All users who have these versions of the plugin installed in Firefox 17 and above. What does this mean?

The problematic add-on or plugin will be automatically disabled and no longer usable. When Mozilla becomes aware of add-ons, plugins, or other third-party software that seriously compromises Firefox security, stability, or performance and meets certain criteria, the software may be blocked from general use. For more information, please read this support article.

• Like 2