Foreigner With No Return Ticket

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just read this from another board ..... I know tons of people are saying "but it never happened to me" well this guy can't say that any more .... and I'm sure his holiday is totally ruined ..... bet he wished he had spent that extra $30 for a throw-a-way ticket .....

Posted Today, 01:17 AM

I flew back into Manila yesterday 20th JUNE

Foreigner was refused entry because he had no return ticket

I was in the immigration office and was listening to a foreigner with no return ticket been refused entry

he was told he would be on next flight back to his place of last departure

I was myself specifically asked too, to show my ticket at the booth,

i witnessed this fiasco when i went to the office to get an extention..

The foreigner tried in vain talking to various levels of seniority of immigration official.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

What you write sounds incredible. The person in question was already AT the BI office so he could not have been refused entry (unless it means some BI office at the airport). But if the witness saw this when he went to get an extension then the airport BI office does not make sense.

There was some talk about not being allowed to extend beyond 16 months without an exit ticket but the story you are giving us here is missing so much that it is hard to take any constructive ideas from it.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

gee that reminds me, nearly forgot :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:unsure: As pointed out to me, on many occasions, The LAW is the LAW, if immigration, decide to adhere to in once in a while, WHO are we to moan about it?The non visa rule is, an onward or Return Ticket, However we look at it, :)

Edited by Jack Peterson

Garpo
Posted
Posted

I am not sure what they do with you at the airport if you do not have the onward ticket but it is possible that they might transport the person to one of the immigration offices until travel arrangements can be made for transport back to your last departed location. I understand that this is at the cost of the airlines that brings you to the Philippines.

I can verify that the last time I came through Manila airport in September of 2011 I was required to show my onward ticket. It was posted on the booth where the immigration checks you through. I would never take the chance of attempting to get through without one. It just is not worth the risk as already stated these onward tickets can be obtained very cheap.

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

I am some what unfamiliar with this subject. Please explain to me at what point does one no longer need an onward ticket [ i.e.visa wise ] and what is a very cheap onward ticket?

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

I am some what unfamiliar with this subject. Please explain to me at what point does one no longer need an onward ticket [ i.e.visa wise ] and what is a very cheap onward ticket?

A cheap onward ticket would be a single Phils to Hong Kong, make it good for the first 21 days. Once you've arrived in Phils and got your 21 day visa stamped, you no longer need the onward ticket unless you're unfortunate enough to get asked at the BOI office when you go for visa extensions, in which case you make your excuses and return for your visa extension at a later date.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

no need after immigration ,best to have it, i have been thru 4 times not checked, my ticket also says onward flight required, i get tiger air from clark phil to kota kinabalu malaysia under 900 piso, never been asked at BOI for ticket

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

I doubt anyone has been asked at BOI for an onward ticket, I do believe they can ask though. Not much they can do if you forgot to bring it, hence they dont bother asking.

Edited by Ruddy_Rooster

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

there is another thread about this from my last trip if anyone wants more info: http://www.philippines-expats.com/index.php/topic/11783-throw-away-tickets/