Foreigner With No Return Ticket

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I think they are getting stricter on this at least from my observation or maybe I'm just unlucky. When I left Australia Jetstar demanded to see my throw away ticket as did the authorities when I landed in Manila.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was at BI yesterday and had no problem but the guy in line in front of me did. He has been here 16 months and he want to renew for 2 more months and he will fly out then.

He was told: We cannot do that in Cebu any more. Here is the list of requirements that you will need when you write to Manila to ask for permission to expend your stay 2 more months. We need their letter of permission before we can extend your visa. You will need to send them a copy of your ticket that you will leave the country with but there will be no problem because that will show you are leaving. Unfortunately we just recently got the memo that we are no longer permitted to do extensions beyond 16 months without that letter.

The above is almost a word for word quote but I am going from memory. For those of us still renewing within the first year of our tourist visa, nothing has changed from last year.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I arrived Friday 29th June at around 6.30pm Manila. very Quiet in the immigration hall, Scary! A notice at the front of the Tourist Booth stated, have ready. Passport, Landing Declaration and Return/Onward ticket. when my turn came, the officer asked how long will you stay, I told him the story and showed my Paperwork. marriage CERT etc and he said ok, Field office will deal with Extensions. he then looked at the return ticket dated march 2013 and just said best of luck. but while waiting in line, I noticed that they are now requiring to see the onward /Return Ticket

Today, I did my Extension in Dumaguete and there was no mention of a Return ticket, I Think this rule will apply to pure tourist, if there are extenuating circumstances on the application form for extension, then i guess this would be overlooked. my field Officer was aware of the circumstances I am here and seems happy to help me as much as he can. I really think that it is a personal circumstance issue, that will decide on these things and not an overall blanket Rule.

Jack P. :tiphat: (With his glad to be Home hat on :lol:

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I arrived Friday 29th June at around 6.30pm Manila. very Quiet in the immigration hall, Scary! A notice at the front of the Tourist Booth stated, have ready. Passport, Landing Declaration and Return/Onward ticket. when my turn came, the officer asked how long will you stay, I told him the story and showed my Paperwork. marriage CERT etc and he said ok, Field office will deal with Extensions. he then looked at the return ticket dated march 2013 and just said best of luck. but while waiting in line, I noticed that they are now requiring to see the onward /Return Ticket

Today, I did my Extension in Dumaguete and there was no mention of a Return ticket, I Think this rule will apply to pure tourist, if there are extenuating circumstances on the application form for extension, then i guess this would be overlooked. my field Officer was aware of the circumstances I am here and seems happy to help me as much as he can. I really think that it is a personal circumstance issue, that will decide on these things and not an overall blanket Rule.

Glad you made it back home Jack. If things go ok, Myrlita & I should be down there the 1st week of Aug for our grandson's 3rd birthday God & finances willing.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Glad you made it back home Jack. If things go ok, Myrlita & I should be down there the 1st week of Aug for our grandson's 3rd birthday God & finances willing.

:thumbsup:

Hi steve, Thank you for the thouhght. Fingers crossed both issues will permit the Journey. Give me a shout and maybe we can meet up for a beer/coffee, time, is one thing I have plenty of now so just shout, when you have some time to kill. :)

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Just to throw another variable in here, we will arrive in Manila July 17 on a one way ticket and our throw away ticket is dated November 13. Now, as we are balikbayans and have been given the balikbayan stamp every time over the past eight years, am i right to assume that we'll have no problems?

BTW, glad you made it Jack! we're not far behind you mate. :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just to throw another variable in here, we will arrive in Manila July 17 on a one way ticket and our throw away ticket is dated November 13. Now, as we are balikbayans and have been given the balikbayan stamp every time over the past eight years, am i right to assume that we'll have no problems?

BTW, glad you made it Jack! we're not far behind you mate. :cheersty:

Thanks for the thought here, Whilst I have no real in depth knowledge. on this variable I was always under the impression, that an Onward ticket was a must for the Alien as until you obtain a permanent visa, 13a or other, you would still be JUST a tourist. even with a 1 year balikbayan stamp. This visa Issue gets more and more complicated daily. Maybe I should have looked at any signs on the Filipino Entry Booths when I arrived.

I honestly can't see you having may problems, if you have your Wife and neccesary paper work with you.though.

All the best and Bon Voyage :cheers: :thumbsup:

Happy Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

An onward ticket is not required if entering with a Permanent Visa or under a Balikbayan. Just google "onward ticket under balikbayan entry"...

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

An onward ticket is not required if entering with a Permanent Visa or under a Balikbayan. Just google "onward ticket under balikbayan entry"...

Technically, that's true but it's a catch-22 because you're not granted the BB stamp until you are at Philippines Immigration, and they can still deny to give you. It's a privilege, not a right. The airline can refuse to fly you w/o an onward ticket. A few weeks ago when I came back I had an onward with another airline (so they did not have a record of it) but was not asked for it by anyone. For a little over $20, not worth the potential hassle, better to have a cheap throwaway or refundable, imo.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just google

I did and posted result here for clarity:

image002.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

MJBA-046-2011

EXCLUSION OF TEMPORARY VISITORS

WITH NO RETURN/OUTBOUND TICKETS

Los Angeles, 28 June 2012 – The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles wishes to inform the public of a directive from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration that pursuant to Section 29(a)(17) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended, foreign nationals arriving to the Philippines who are admissible under Section 9(a) (temporary visitor’s visa) or under Executive Order 408 with the exception of Balikbayans, but do not have valid return or onward tickets,shall be automatically excluded or will not be allowed entry into the country.

Furthermore, the airline company which allowed the boarding of an excluded passenger shall be subjected to administrative fines pursuant to Section 44© of the Philippine Immigration Act.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/PRs%202012/046-2012PR-Exclusion%20of%20Temporary%20Visitors%20With%20No%20Return%20or%20Outbound%20Tickets.htm

• Like 2