Foreigner With No Return Ticket

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Take another look Mike! They have to enter together for him to get the BB

DUH ........ sorry Bob ..... brain fart

No problem Mike!

You should hear my brain this morning... sounds like I was thinking of beans last night! Pttthhhwwwwtttt..... Ahhhh!

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
Just google

I did and posted result here for clarity:

image002.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

MJBA-046-2011

EXCLUSION OF TEMPORARY VISITORS

WITH NO RETURN/OUTBOUND TICKETS

Los Angeles, 28 June 2012 – The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles wishes to inform the public of a directive from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration that pursuant to Section 29(a)(17) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940, as amended, foreign nationals arriving to the Philippines who are admissible under Section 9(a) (temporary visitor’s visa) or under Executive Order 408 with the exception of Balikbayans, but do not have valid return or onward tickets,shall be automatically excluded or will not be allowed entry into the country.

Furthermore, the airline company which allowed the boarding of an excluded passenger shall be subjected to administrative fines pursuant to Section 44© of the Philippine Immigration Act.

http://www.philippin...und Tickets.htm

This last quote says a lot about this subject in general.

Furthermore, the airline company which allowed the boarding of an excluded passenger shall be subjected to administrative fines pursuant to Section 44© of the Philippine Immigration Act.

An airline company does not want to deal with any of that. I am sure they will start asking to see what your exit plans are for Philippines from now on.

I can see this being a problem for Balikbayans as well. How can the airlines determine if someone is Balikbayan eligible? They are not immigration authority.

Best we can do is CYA for all contingencies.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

These are the kind of things which are making me seriously consider the SRRV retirement visa, especially if the 13A spouse of Filipino visa is not an option.

Total costs for the SRRV including the low or no return on $10,000 USD deposit are comparable or slightly higher than maintaining a tourist visa.

For me any additional cost would be worth it to eliminate all the hassles of obtaining throw away tickets, especially if you plan on traveling asia and leaving

the Philippines 3-4 times a year, going to BI every 2 months to renew the visa, etc.

I don't recall hearing of any forum members who use the SRRV... though phildiver did mention his mother applying for one.

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

These are the kind of things which are making me seriously consider the SRRV retirement visa, especially if the 13A spouse of Filipino visa is not an option.

If I hadn't gotten married I would have probably gone that route. What bothered me the most about it was the $1400 processing fee. Seems just a bit high.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Bundy
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, as promised i can now update this thread for the benefit of any balikbayans travelling to Philippines on a one way ticket.

As previously mentioned, our throw away ticket was dated some 4 months after our arrival date. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING TO DO. We flew with Jetstar from Brisbane and upon check in we were immediately asked for our follow on or return ticket. When they saw the date on the ticket they then asked for our visa status. To cut a long story short, we had a devil of a time trying to explain to the jetstar supervisor just what a Balikbayan stamp was and what priviledges it provides.

In the end he allowed us to board solely because i could produce my old passport which is FULL of balikbayan stamps and he said that we probably knew what we were talking about.

In Manila immigration the only question we were asked is "are you married?" no request to see anything else.

So.........it IS definitely better even for a balikbayan to have your onward or "throw away" ticket dated within 21 days of arrival.If we had of done that there would have been no questions at all.

Edited by Bundy
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
As previously mentioned, our throw away ticket was dated some 4 months after our arrival date. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING TO DO

Thanks for the update. Things are still the same then

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
As previously mentioned, our throw away ticket was dated some 4 months after our arrival date. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING TO DO

Thanks for the update. Things are still the same then

http://immigration.g...=1759&Itemid=78

just an update on the Subject. :tiphat:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
o cut a long story short, we had a devil of a time trying to explain to the jetstar supervisor just what a Balikbayan stamp was and what priviledges it provides.

Would it help if you (or someone who is traveling) to make a copy of the rules of what exactly is the "BALIKBAYAN" stamp or privledge so in case .. SIR YOU NEED AN OUTBOUND TICKET or we cant board you.

You can explain .

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Would it help if you (or someone who is traveling) to make a copy of the rules of what exactly is the "BALIKBAYAN" stamp or privledge so in case .. SIR YOU NEED AN OUTBOUND TICKET or we cant board you. You can explain .

Given the fact that you can't even request it until you are in front of an immigration officer on Philippine soil, and the giving of it is completely discretionary, I don't think there's much to explain.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Interesting ..... now I have a good friend who came here in June of last year with his wife and received a BB stamp ..... when they went back in Sept he turned around in November and came back here by himself ..... they would not allow him to enter on his BB stamp but made him enter on a Tourist visa ...... she later came back in Dec. and was admitted as a BB with no problems ..... so I'm not real sure what the ruling is or how it is applied ..... or as like most things here in the Philippines it depends on the mood of the person doing the admitting ........... I was also under the impression that the BB stamp was not a multi-entry privilage but a one time a year only ..... no wonder it take a lawyer to figure out how to interrupt the laws here ....... and someone once told me "but the law is the law" .... yea ... sure it is ... just depends on how it is interrupted ..... IMHO .... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Take another look Mike! They have to enter together for him to get the BB! Now if they let him in without her, that's a bonus but they are suppose to be together!

/I understand the airline companies need to see onward ticket.

/But how about the BB Visa - is it possible to get it if wife MEET at the airport, when her foreigner husband arrive after being away by himself, if he have had BB Visa before he left?

(I believe it can be like that for me first time after marriage, when I will leave by myself to visit relatives. But later I will try to get a more permanent Visa, so I don't need BB.)