Interesting Question From A Girl...

piglett
Posted
Posted
I remember a while back a fellow member who had already been to the Philippines and spent time with the girl he though he was going be with and marry. After he returned to his home country the girl informed him that her mother would not allow her to be with him or marry him unless a large sum of money was paid to the family.

Yes that was a post made under DOWRY by Curly,

here is the link and part of his opening post

http://www.philippin...ic/12483-dowry/

Has anyone else been hit for a Dowry demand in the Philippines?

Briefly, a well brought up Catholic girl, educated, never had a boyfriend before, I met the parents 3 times, got on well, they were all in favour, allowed her to come on holiday with me for 3 weeks,

planning to move to Philippines in May/June and to get married soon after.

She has been a little "down" the last couple of weeks, yesterday it all came out.... her parents (read Mother) are demanding 500,000 " present" before the wedding and no more staying together till after the wedding

rite after my soon to be farther-inlaw said he would allow me to marry his virgin daughter (she was 27)

i was asked for $60 to fix the familys fishing boat. it was 10 years old & leaking badly.

when i arrived i could see that there were new repairs that had been done.

in fact there was still a small leak so i ponied up another $17 +/- & they then had a leak free boat.

my soon to be wife asked me what i thought about giving her farther the money

i said "i think it's a cheep price for a good bride"

piglett

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There have been lots of good answers for and against... But nobody can tell you which is the best answer because they don't know her. I believe that she is the same as any woman... "Why would a man travel half way around the world to be with me when they don't really know me yet? And will they think I'm good enough once they get here or expect somebody better than who I am?" Why can't she ask those questions now instead of later? To me it just shows that she is a thinking woman who cares about your future together. Show me a man who doesn't have the same questions in general and I"ll show you someone who isn't worried if she stays or goes! So what should you do? It all comes down to is how you both feel after you meet and get to know the real person.

:attention:

• Like 3