The 13A Visa Requirement (Wife's Letter)

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

With regards to your house i believe the only way a foreigner can own property is by inheritance so it would be prudent to get your wife to make a will with you as sole beneficiary, you never know who could come out of the woodwork and try to claim some or all ownership?.

Forgive me but as far as i know if your wife passes away and the house is under her name, you inherit it with the condition that you must sell it within a calendar year to a Filipino citizen, you get to keep and if want export the money, together with you, since your 13A visa or ARC are not valid no more.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

I am sure we all know, the need of a notarized letter of request from our wife, probably the most important requirement, each and every time we renew our 13a. 1 year probation completed, new letter for application to upgrade to a 5 year 13a. renewal after 5 years new letter. I was at my Attorney's this morning drafting the letter with my wife.Our Attorney asked me a Question I had never, ever given a thought to. I don't suppose many or any of us have. She asked, What will happen should, God Forbid. Azon die before you? So fellow members! what will happen to 13a visa holders, if in the sad event we can no longer obtain this letter from our wife. No notarized letter of request. NO 13a. How could we claim our homes and children, if we have no Residency Visa? Sad to even think about this BUT I think it is something we should all consider at some time. :unsure:

jack P :tiphat:

The lawyer didn't explain the process/options ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I am sure we all know, the need of a notarized letter of request from our wife, probably the most important requirement, each and every time we renew our 13a. 1 year probation completed, new letter for application to upgrade to a 5 year 13a. renewal after 5 years new letter. I was at my Attorney's this morning drafting the letter with my wife.Our Attorney asked me a Question I had never, ever given a thought to. I don't suppose many or any of us have. She asked, What will happen should, God Forbid. Azon die before you? So fellow members! what will happen to 13a visa holders, if in the sad event we can no longer obtain this letter from our wife. No notarized letter of request. NO 13a. How could we claim our homes and children, if we have no Residency Visa? Sad to even think about this BUT I think it is something we should all consider at some time. :unsure:

jack P :tiphat:

The lawyer didn't explain the process/options ?

it is my belief, she did not know the answer herself, seems immigration law is as elusive & ambiguous to some/most attorneys, as it is to us mere mortals.

I have not ever had a straight answer, even from BOI. Seems it is something not in their remit. With so many foreigners marrying younger ladies it does not come up often or at all. Up to now, I still have no notion as to what would happen to a 13a holder on His /Her spouses death God forbid. :unsure:

I have written to BOI about this but have not heard anything back yet, I even mailed the Madrid embassy to see what they could come up with, Their answer was to contact BOI Manila. SO! I sit and wait.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Why am I not surprised? It was a good point to consider, a friend of mine in his late 40s living in Thailand has just lost his 28 year old girlfriend.

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is how you draft a letter request for 13apermanent

______________________ >>>(inside address)

Cagayan de Oro City, Phils.

RICARDO DAVID JR. (Chief AFP ret.)

Commissioner

Bureau of Immigration

Magallanes Drive, Intramuros

1002 Manila

REQUEST FOR CONVERSION OF

13(a) PROBATIONARY NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA

to 13(a) PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA in favor of

_______________________ (name of applicant)

-American national-

Dear Sir;

On behalf of my husband of the above mentioned name and nationality, may I have the honor to request for the change of his admission status from 13(a) Probationary to 13(a) Permanent visa. Please be informed that we respectfully married in accordance with law on 17 September 2010 in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. That on 22 September 2011 your honorable office granted him the 13(a) Probationary Visa which expires on 23 September 2012.

For this purpose we undertake to comply with all the requirements that the honorable bureau may be imposed upon us and to certify that all our documents submitted were originally obtained from all government agencies. <<<<<(important)

Hoping that this letter request will merit your usual kind consideration and favorable action.

Very respectfully,

___________________ (wife's name)

Wife-Petitioner

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me this _______ day of August 2012 in the City of Cagayan de Oro.

Affiant exhibited to me her Community Tax Certificate No. ________ issued on ________ at ___________.

NOTARY PUBLIC

Doc. No.__________;

Page No. _________;

Book No. _________;

Series of 2012

Edited by ekonomizta
  • Like 2

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is how you draft a letter request for 13apermanent

______________________ >>>(inside address)

Cagayan de Oro City, Phils.

RICARDO DAVID JR. (Chief AFP ret.)

Commissioner

Bureau of Immigration

Magallanes Drive, Intramuros

1002 Manila

REQUEST FOR CONVERSION OF

13(a) PROBATIONARY NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA

to 13(a) PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA in favor of

_______________________ (name of applicant)

-American national-

Dear Sir;

On behalf of my husband of the above mentioned name and nationality, may I have the honor to request for the change of his admission status from 13(a) Probationary to 13(a) Permanent visa. Please be informed that we respectfully married in accordance with law on 17 September 2010 in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. That on 22 September 2011 your honorable office granted him the 13(a) Probationary Visa which expires on 23 September 2012.

For this purpose we undertake to comply with all the requirements that the honorable bureau may be imposed upon us and to certify that all our documents submitted were originally obtained from all government agencies. <<<<<(important)

Hoping that this letter request will merit your usual kind consideration and favorable action.

Very respectfully,

___________________ (wife's name)

Wife-Petitioner

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me this _______ day of August 2012 in the City of Cagayan de Oro.

Affiant exhibited to me her Community Tax Certificate No. ________ issued on ________ at ___________.

NOTARY PUBLIC

Doc. No.__________;

Page No. _________;

Book No. _________;

Series of 2012

Edited by ekonomizta

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is the one we used ...... very simple and to the point ....... obviously it worked ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

THE HONORABLE COMMISSIONER

Bureau of Immigration

Manila, Philippines

RE: Petition for change from Temporary Resident to 13(a) Permanent Residency Status of Spouse

Sir;

My name is ---- wife's name ----, a native born Filipina, and I am married to ---- your name ----, a -- country ---. Citizen. --- your name ---- entered the

Philippines on -- date you entered Phils --- in ---- where you entered ..... City where we resided together until our marriage ,we were married in a -----

type of marriage ceremony ........ at ---- where ceremony took place ..... on -- date you were married --. --- your name -- has demonstrated he is of

high moral character and has been a good provider and loving husband to me.

My husband and I desire that he be granted Permanent Residence Status from Temporary Resident here in the Philippines as it is our intention to remain

here permanently as husband and wife.

Your approval of my petition is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

wife's name

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Great, good work all concerned! :thumbsup: this is OK, If she is still alive. We have not arrived at an answer with regard to the Original Question, " What will happen if she is no longer around to Sign this letter" and what happens to a 13a holder then, no matter how well presented it is. God forbid any bad news BUT! :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

wow... i posted in the wrong topic.... kinda newbie sorry it is supposed to be in 13a (wifes letter topic started by mr. jack petterson) :unsure:

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Great, good work all concerned! :thumbsup: this is OK, If she is still alive. We have not arrived at an answer with regard to the Original Question, " What will happen if she is no longer around to Sign this letter" and what happens to a 13a holder then, no matter how well presented it is. God forbid any bad news BUT! :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

13E, I once have a client who applied for 13E his a Japanese and his a holder of 13a Permanent visa but unfortunately he lost his wife then he went back to japan after that he applied for 13E well thats 5 years ago. requirements that time is Death Certificate of Filipina wife, Old ACr (since no icard that time only paper base) and annual report. and visa stamp to the passport. However, Will keep you update to that with regards to this inquiry because time change with rules and regulations.