The 13A Visa Requirement (Wife's Letter)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Great, good work all concerned! :thumbsup: this is OK, If she is still alive. We have not arrived at an answer with regard to the Original Question, " What will happen if she is no longer around to Sign this letter" and what happens to a 13a holder then, no matter how well presented it is. God forbid any bad news BUT! :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

13E, I once have a client who applied for 13E his a Japanese and his a holder of 13a Permanent visa but unfortunately he lost his wife then he went back to japan after that he applied for 13E well that's 5 years ago. requirements that time is Death Certificate of Filipina wife, Old ACr (since no icard that time only paper base) and annual report. and visa stamp to the passport. However, Will keep you update to that with regards to this inquiry because time change with rules and regulations.

:thumbsup: That will be good, as i feel there will be a lot of interest. There are a lot of 13a holders and no real reliable information, not even lawyers seem to have an answer. the BOI have not responded to any mail, makes me wonder if they too, have No answer. Seems the whole thing is about the foreigner dying First. This of course is not always the case. God forbid but best we be armed, with an alternative. :)

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

Great, good work all concerned! :thumbsup: this is OK, If she is still alive. We have not arrived at an answer with regard to the Original Question, " What will happen if she is no longer around to Sign this letter" and what happens to a 13a holder then, no matter how well presented it is. God forbid any bad news BUT! :unsure:

13E, I once have a client who applied for 13E his a Japanese and his a holder of 13a Permanent visa but unfortunately he lost his wife then he went back to japan after that he applied for 13E well that's 5 years ago. requirements that time is Death Certificate of Filipina wife, Old ACr (since no icard that time only paper base) and annual report. and visa stamp to the passport. However, Will keep you update to that with regards to this inquiry because time change with rules and regulations. Well the best alternative is that you married again with a young lad hahhahah

:thumbsup: That will be good, as i feel there will be a lot of interest. There are a lot of 13a holders and no real reliable information, not even lawyers seem to have an answer. the BOI have not responded to any mail, makes me wonder if they too, have No answer. Seems the whole thing is about the foreigner dying First. This of course is not always the case. God forbid but best we be armed, with an alternative. :)

Even lawyes dont know also the Bi processing because it is a special course ( educational institution don't teach this) that you need to undergo seminar in Philippine Immigration Academy in Clark, Pampanga. and you will learned thru experience I learned this thru experience

Edited by ekonomizta

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

13E, I once have a client who applied for 13E his a Japanese and his a holder of 13a Permanent visa but unfortunately he lost his wife then he went back to japan after that he applied for 13E well that's 5 years ago. requirements that time is Death Certificate of Filipina wife, Old ACr (since no icard that time only paper base) and annual report. and visa stamp to the passport. However, Will keep you update to that with regards to this inquiry because time change with rules and regulations. Well the best alternative is that you married again with a young lady haha

Even lawyers don't know also the Bi processing because it is a special course ( educational institution don't teach this) that you need to undergo seminar in Philippine Immigration Academy in Clark, Pampanga. and you will learned thru experience I learned this thru experience

Then they should be censored, for offing a service to the public that 9/10 times, includes immigration help and advice!!! :angry: we in the west call that, obtaining money under false pretense and is Punishable.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I was wondering what a 13E visa is and found this on the BI website .......

Returning Former Filipino

Will I lose my permanent residence in the Philippines when I leave the country without my reentry permit?

Yes, you will lose your status as permanent resident. However, you may reacquire your resident status.

If I will be accompanied by my family will they be covered by the same visa?

No. This is a personal privilege. They may apply for the same visa if they had been previously a permanent resident of the Philippines.

Can I apply for visa when I am overseas?

Yes, you can file your application at the Philippine Embassy or Consulate Office at the place nearest you.

What is the effect of the said visa?

The holder of section 13 (e) visa is entitled to reside permanently in the Philippines.

How long is the processing time?

One (1) month, provided that all documents are complete.

So is the 13E just for returning Filipino's or who ?????? Found this info also ...... my god ... why are they so vague about all their laws .....

Returning Resident Visa (13E) for Foreigners

May 17, 2010By

This visa is issued to permanent resident visa holders who temporarily left the Philippines without renouncing their visas.

Requirements

1. Letter of application stating the reason/s of staying abroad and the intention of residing permanently in the Philippines
  2. Accomplished and Notarized General Application Form (BI Form No. MCL-07-01)
  3. Clear copy of the applicant’s passport and the admission stamp
  4. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate
  5. ACR I-CARD
  6. NICA Clearance

Additional Requirements for Accompanying Spouse or Unmarried Minor Children

1. Clear copy of the spouse’s or unmarried minor children’s passport
  2. Photocopy of the ACR I-CARD of the dependent/s.

Fees in Pesos

1. Upon Filing

Application 1,010

Express Lane 500

1. For changing status

ACR and Form 1,050

Change of Status 600

Passport Visa 200

ICR Form 1,450

Implementation 1,000

Legal Research 60

Head Tax 250

Express Fee 500

Form: General Application Form (BI Form No. MCL-07-01)

BI Clearance Certificate

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: :no: So! we are none the wiser then. Like the helmet law, we will only find out when it actually happens.

• Like 2

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)
I was wondering what a 13E visa is and found this on the BI website ....... Returning Former Filipino

I think 13E mike is-RETURNING RESIDENT VISA

13(E) A person previously lawfully admitted into the Philippines for permanent residence, who is returning from a temporary visit abroad to an unrelinquished residence in the Philippines;

Checklist for Returning Resident Under Section 13(e)

1. Letter request from the applicant, with a statement that the applicant intends to reside permanently in the Philippines and justification why the applicant overstayed outside the Philippines, and that all documents submitted were legally obtained from the corresponding government agencies;
  2. Consolidated General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-01)
  3. Photocopy of applicant's Passport (showing bio-page,admission and authorized stay);
  4. Photocopy of ARC I-Card (front and back portion);
  5. Original copy of National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) Clearance; and
  6. Original copy of Bureau of Immigration Clearance Certificate.

(UPDATED)

Download Full Details: Application for Conversion to Returning ResidentDownload Application Form For: Immigrant Visa

13G- is returning former filipino citizen visa

13(G) we call it-RETURNING FORMER FILIPINO CITIZEN VISA FOR (THOSE AFRAID IN ACQUIRING DUAL CITIZENSHIP) A natural born citizen of the Philippines, who has been naturalized in foreign country, and is returning to the Philippines for permanent residence, including his spouse and minor children shall be considered a non-quota immigrant for purposes of entering the Philippines. [As amended by Republic Act No. 4376]

1. Duly notarized letter of application;
  2. General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. MCL-07-01);
  3. NSO authenticated copy of birth certificate of the applicant;
  4. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearancke Certificate; and
  5. Plain photocopy of passport, with English translation if written in other foreign language by the Phil. Embassy / consulate nearest to or in the place where the passport was issued.

If in the application, the applicant is joined by his/her spouse and unmarried minor children:

1. Copy of marriage contract of applicant and spouse and/or birth certificate of minor unmarried children, NSO-certified or authenticated by the Philippine Embassy / Consulate in or nearest the place where the marriage was solemnized or place of birth, with English translation, if written in other foreign language as the case may be, and
  2. Place photocopy of the passport/s of foreign national's dependents showing its bio-page, admission stamp and authorized stay with at least 20 days valid stay.

Edited by ekonomizta
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
mariposa
Posted
Posted

This is how you draft a letter request for 13apermanent

______________________ >>>(inside address)

Cagayan de Oro City, Phils.

RICARDO DAVID JR. (Chief AFP ret.)

Commissioner

Bureau of Immigration

Magallanes Drive, Intramuros

1002 Manila

REQUEST FOR CONVERSION OF

13(a) PROBATIONARY NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA

to 13(a) PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA in favor of

_______________________ (name of applicant)

-American national-

Dear Sir;

On behalf of my husband of the above mentioned name and nationality, may I have the honor to request for the change of his admission status from 13(a) Probationary to 13(a) Permanent visa. Please be informed that we respectfully married in accordance with law on 17 September 2010 in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. That on 22 September 2011 your honorable office granted him the 13(a) Probationary Visa which expires on 23 September 2012.

For this purpose we undertake to comply with all the requirements that the honorable bureau may be imposed upon us and to certify that all our documents submitted were originally obtained from all government agencies. <<<<<(important)

Hoping that this letter request will merit your usual kind consideration and favorable action.

Very respectfully,

___________________ (wife's name)

Wife-Petitioner

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN TO before me this _______ day of August 2012 in the City of Cagayan de Oro.

Affiant exhibited to me her Community Tax Certificate No. ________ issued on ________ at ___________.

NOTARY PUBLIC

Doc. No.__________;

Page No. _________;

Book No. _________;

Series of 2012

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys want to UPDATE THE LETTER REQUEST( it should be AMENDMENT)