Indian Curry. New Restaurant!!!!

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi all in Cebu, for those of you that have not seen it, there is a new curry house opened in Cebu, Country Mall. Not tried it as yet but know the owners are from the Indian store and the menu looks pretty good. Cant wait till I am off this diet ;-(

:th_unfair:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Fifteen years ago there were few places that had good food now there are many quality restaurants to chose from. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Will
Posted
Posted

That's good to know. I was kind of wondering about if Cebu had some Indian food so I can get my fix once in a while!

Now, I gotta have some Chicken Vindaloo!

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

how about some details?

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Gound floor, country mall, on the bottom corner further down from drifters, easy to park easy to find. Not tried it yet but sure I will be a regular soon enough! other than that can't give any other info, but please let us know when youv'e tried it. I buy all my spices from the same people in Mabolo and the guy used to have the indian off Mango about 5 or 6 years ago which was quite popular.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hello all!

well I finally had the chance to try the new Indian ( Mr India ) in country mall. Unfortunately I found it pretty bland lacking flavour and too many bones. Chicken Tikka massala too sweet and lacking taste, mutton masala full of bones but better taste, chicken biryani on the bone, nan breads, sauces, chapati's and samosa all ok

I had built myself up for a feast but was let down by my expectations!

might give them my list of recipes just to see if they will accommodate. British Indian Restaurant (BIR)Style Cooking.

• Like 1

billten
Posted
Posted
might give them my list of recipes just to see if they will accommodate. British Indian Restaurant (BIR)Style Cooking.

Ohhh man, bring on the balti... yeah

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

What are the prices like?

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

What are the prices like?

very very cheap, so not all bad news, supposedly the fish and chicken masala dishes are quite good, will try again some of the things not tried yet to give them a fair try

• 3 weeks later...
banyanman
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know of any decent Indian restaurants in Quezon City? I lived in Malaysia for 13 years and acquired a taste for Indian food, but seems not too many people in the Philippines like Indian food.