Indian Curry. New Restaurant!!!!

Curley
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know of any decent Indian restaurants in Quezon City? I lived in Malaysia for 13 years and acquired a taste for Indian food, but seems not too many people in the Philippines like Indian food.

Decent food in the Phils? Hmmmm my one real complaint.

I was in Davao city and fancied a good quality meal, I searched the internet for Top Davao restaurants and found a site listing the top ten in Davao. I discovered that I had already been to 6 of them and would not have rated any of them as anything special. At least I'll be able to have the time to spend cooking for myself once I'm there and enjoying my retirement.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know of any decent Indian restaurants in Quezon City? I lived in Malaysia for 13 years and acquired a taste for Indian food, but seems not too many people in the Philippines like Indian food.

QC no but Makati there are a few good ones, Queens Restaurant in Jupiter street Tel: 02 895-1316

My friends rate this one not not tried as yet always too many other things to do. Thursday afternoons in Howzat sports bar is a feast day www.howzat.ph tried this as well as sunday roasts, Excellent.

http://www.swagatindiancuisineph.com also very good

http://www.myfoodtrip.com/tags/makati/1539/restaurants.html plus a few more around town.

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

We went there the other day, according to David, this is the same guy that owned the Maharaja (sic). I found the Aloo Gobi very flavorfull, but the potatoes were overcooked. The Dal was good, the Naan wasn't, the Papudum was good, the canned Chutney was good, the Raitha was water, the price for four was P1700. At Dal Rotti near the Southwest University, four of us eat to roll us out the door stage for P600 and the food in general is better. We might go back for variety, but not a regular spot.

banyanman
Posted
Posted

Decent food in the Phils? Hmmmm my one real complaint.

Yes, I have to agree - it's the one downside of living in the Philippines. I recall googling "Best restaurants in Quezon City" or something like that once, and got links to a whole lot of sites listing restaurants. One of them listed Max's Restaurant as the top restaurant in Quezon City! So I am not finding the Web much help in identifying places to eat.

banyanman
Posted
Posted
QC no but Makati there are a few good ones, Queens Restaurant in Jupiter street Tel: 02 895-1316 My friends rate this one not not tried as yet always too many other things to do. Thursday afternoons in Howzat sports bar is a feast day www.howzat.ph tried this as well as sunday roasts, Excellent. http://www.swagatindiancuisineph.com also very good http://www.myfoodtri...estaurants.html plus a few more around town.

Thanks for those suggestions, Geoff. I may try them on days that I have to visit Makati, but it's a long trip for me from home as the part of Quezon City in which I live is just a hop, step and jump from Rizal province. There's really nothing of an international standard around here :(

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
There's really nothing of an international standard around here

WHAT! not even Mc Do's.

post-2148-0-22543300-1345303077_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
tiger31
Posted
Posted
There's really nothing of an international standard around here

WHAT! not even Mc Do's.

i,d die if i could,nt get to mcdee,s at least once a week lol but i do admit missing a good indian now and again .

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

well, tiger, you just need to improve your aim.

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

well, tiger, you just need to improve your aim.

have you been to the maharja or whatever its called my g f never tasted indian food lol

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

After reading this post i ask my wife about Indian Food and she can cook all of it, she was a live in nanny for an Indian Family, she raised one of their sons from 15 days to 6 years old, she can speak also ,so i will have her cook up some of it and see what it is like, never tried it before. We were in the mall and saw a friend of the family that she worked for and w hen she was talking to him i knew for sure it was not visaya, and i remembered at our wedding the family was there she worked for, the son is a young man and he sends my wife a present on her birthday every year.

• Like 1